Any reports on The Oaks on 44?

Closed Thread
Old 12-11-2019, 01:19 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach
Default Any reports on The Oaks on 44?

oaks on 44
Old 12-11-2019, 07:38 PM

This is the restaurant at Continental Country Club with at least a new name. Don't know if ownership and/or chef have changed. They do have a website with menu posted which looks somewhat limited. If you go to TripAdvisor and do a search for Wildwood restaurants the former name was Continental Country Club Restaurant and there are reviews under that name. There are also two old reviews on the Villages Gourmet Club website.
Old 12-12-2019, 09:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I was just on The Villages Facebook page and someone asked where to see the Bears game and a person posted that the Bears Club meets at the Oaks on 44 and gave no other info. I found The Oaks website and they listed their address as 2-1/2 miles east of Brownwood on 44. No number, no other details. I got on google maps and after a couple of minutes, I realized it was in Continental Country Club. They have a beautiful website, but really should do a better job of giving location and directions, especially with all the new people south of 44 might be interested. A ad in the Villages Sun wouldn't hurt either. The photo of the website looks really nice.

The Oaks on 44
Old 12-12-2019, 10:54 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I was just on The Villages Facebook page and someone asked where to see the Bears game and a person posted that the Bears Club meets at the Oaks on 44 and gave no other info. I found The Oaks website and they listed their address as 2-1/2 miles east of Brownwood on 44. No number, no other details. I got on google maps and after a couple of minutes, I realized it was in Continental Country Club. They have a beautiful website, but really should do a better job of giving location and directions, especially with all the new people south of 44 might be interested. A ad in the Villages Sun wouldn't hurt either. The photo of the website looks really nice.

The Oaks on 44
They have been adverstising in ther Daily Sun for almost 2 weeks.
Old 12-12-2019, 12:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
They have been adverstising in ther Daily Sun for almost 2 weeks.
I read it everyday, somehow I missed it.
Old 12-19-2019, 05:00 PM
Default The Oaks on 44.

I went there for lunch yesterday. The dining room is nice, clean and inviting. The staff were attentive. The food was very reasonably priced and good They can accommodate a group. I had a pork tenderloin sandwich and the small was large. Check it out.
Old 12-19-2019, 05:06 PM

The Bears meet at Margarita Republic on Sunday game days.
Old 12-19-2019, 05:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltonnya View Post
That is put together by the Chicagoland Club.
Old 12-19-2019, 06:44 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
It's going to close and a Costco is opening on the site.

k.
Old 12-20-2019, 09:23 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltonnya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
That is put together by the Chicagoland Club.
I have a feeling that the Facebook post that said the Bears club meets at the Oaks was posted by an employee of the Oaks. You probably could of asked about any team and they would of said The Oaks. When I commented that their website never mentioned that they are in Continental Country Club, the same poster fired back, it's going to be in our future advertising.
Old 01-05-2020, 12:31 PM

Went there for Friday dinner. The all you can eat tilapia is ok, blackened, comes with potato coleslaw and buns. Haddock is good. Salmon for one of the party got it half raw, sent it back and other came out the same way. Cook said that is how you serve salmon. Don’t order salmon here. Service was good, explained that kitchen was slow that night. Comped the salmon dinner and even replaced with the tilapia and a free dessert. Wait staff tried to make it right.
Old 01-25-2020, 09:17 PM
Veteran member
Default Oaks on 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I was there couple of weeks ago for Wednesday meatloaf special. It was tasty and came with choice of potato and side. Warm rolls included for 10 bucks. Place has white tablecloths and very quiet atmosphere. Schrimp poor boy and paddy melt were good also
Old 01-25-2020, 10:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKETMAN View Post
I was there couple of weeks ago for Wednesday meatloaf special. It was tasty and came with choice of potato and side. Warm rolls included for 10 bucks. Place has white tablecloths and very quiet atmosphere. Schrimp poor boy and paddy melt were good also
I don't know why you quoted my reply. I wrote I missed it was in reference to their advertising, it had nothing to do with their food. champion6 posted that the Oaks has been advertising in our newspaper, and I wrote, I that I read the Sun everyday and have never seen it. To this day, I still have not seen the Oaks advertising in the Sun. Most restaurants have large display ads and are not hard to see. Maybe next time the Oaks has an ad, someone can post the page and date.
Old 01-26-2020, 07:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

My husband I had lunch there yesterday. We both ordered the New England lobster rolls. They were very good.
Old 01-26-2020, 11:17 AM
Veteran member
Location: The Villages - Formerly Atlanta Endicott and Syracuse NY

We went there last night for dinner. Bright, open room with comfortable chairs. Wait staff bent over backwards to help you. I had meatloaf and wife had chicken parm (very large serving). My wife commented that the marinara was better than what the italian restaurants serve around town. Plenty of interesting sandwiches on the menu. Full dinners are somewhat limited, but we'll be trying some of their special nights. Especially convenient to the south of 44 crowd.
Closed Thread

Tags
oaks, reports

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.