Arby's correction / misunderstanding

Closed Thread
Old 03-27-2015, 01:28 PM
Sage
Default Arby's correction / misunderstanding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueash

According to the Arby's website....the figures from the OP which are claimed to be from the 800 number are not accurate according to the Arby's website.
It's not on the website because it's a special limited time offer. You would have to call them and ask for information on the special, giving them the exact names of the items on the flyer. For example, I believe the turkey Rachel was referred to as the New Turkey Rachel. I don't have the flyer with me at this time. But the information I gave was accurate. It's 3,480 milligrams of sodium for both the specials, the turkey and the corned Beef.

In the previous Arby thread, the second sentence stated: "She said they have a special offering...." Special limited offerings don't have to be posted on their website.
Old 03-27-2015, 01:51 PM
Sage
Default Another misunderstanding:

I said, "This is very close to seven times more sodium than what's recommended for a healthy meal by the American Heart Association (1,500 milligrams per day).

Notice I said meal and the recommendation is per day.

If it's 1,500 milligrams per day, it would be 500 milligrams per meal, assuming the usual 3 meals per day. So divide 500 into 3,480 milligrams of sodium and one sandwich comes to almost 7 times the normal amount of sodium for that one meal.
Old 03-27-2015, 02:15 PM

from the Arby's website - Turkey Rachel with everything - cheese, thousand island spread, house made coleslaw, etc -
Nutrition Facts
Serving Weight (g) 322
Calories 720
Calories From Fat 290
Fat - Total (g) 33
Saturated Fat (g) 7
Trans Fat (g) 0.5
Cholesterol (mg) 85
Sodium (mg) 1850
Total Carbohydrates (g) 66
Dietary Fiber (g) 5
Sugars (g) 11
Protein (g) 40
Vitamin A (% DV) 30
Vitamin C (% DV) 20
Calcium (% DV) 35
Iron (% DV) 60

Rueben -

Nutrition Facts
Serving Weight (g) 308
Calories 640
Calories From Fat 270
Fat - Total (g) 30
Saturated Fat (g) 8
Trans Fat (g) 0
Cholesterol (mg) 55
Sodium (mg) 1610
Total Carbohydrates (g) 62
Dietary Fiber (g) 4
Sugars (g) 7
Protein (g) 32
Vitamin A (% DV) 6
Vitamin C (% DV) 20
Calcium (% DV) 35
Iron (% DV) 30
Old 03-27-2015, 02:34 PM

I don't see how someone who claims to be a vegan in other posts would eat this, salt or no salt.
Old 03-27-2015, 03:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2catsmeow View Post
from the Arby's website - Turkey Rachel with everything - cheese, thousand island spread, house made coleslaw, etc -
Nutrition Facts
Serving Weight (g) 322
Calories 720
Calories From Fat 290
Fat - Total (g) 33
Saturated Fat (g) 7
Trans Fat (g) 0.5
Cholesterol (mg) 85
Sodium (mg) 1850
Total Carbohydrates (g) 66
Dietary Fiber (g) 5
Sugars (g) 11
Protein (g) 40
Vitamin A (% DV) 30
Vitamin C (% DV) 20
Calcium (% DV) 35
Iron (% DV) 60

Rueben -

Nutrition Facts
Serving Weight (g) 308
Calories 640
Calories From Fat 270
Fat - Total (g) 30
Saturated Fat (g) 8
Trans Fat (g) 0
Cholesterol (mg) 55
Sodium (mg) 1610
Total Carbohydrates (g) 62
Dietary Fiber (g) 4
Sugars (g) 7
Protein (g) 32
Vitamin A (% DV) 6
Vitamin C (% DV) 20
Calcium (% DV) 35
Iron (% DV) 30
You can't get the information from the website when the products (the sandwiches) are a special limited offer. The two sandwiches I mentioned are different than the regular menu items with similar names.
Old 03-27-2015, 03:41 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages PL View Post
I said, "This is very close to seven times more sodium than what's recommended for a healthy meal by the American Heart Association (1,500 milligrams per day).

Notice I said meal and the recommendation is per day.

If it's 1,500 milligrams per day, it would be 500 milligrams per meal, assuming the usual 3 meals per day. So divide 500 into 3,480 milligrams of sodium and one sandwich comes to almost 7 times the normal amount of sodium for that one meal.
Health expert have reversed their opinion on salt 1500 is too low the body needs more google it
Old 03-27-2015, 03:44 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,772 Times in 512 Posts

Yep.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Damage_Control_-_The_Losing_End-EP.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	49574  
Old 03-27-2015, 03:44 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomOB View Post
I don't see how someone who claims to be a vegan in other posts would eat this, salt or no salt.
Right, I wouldn't eat it. The point was to have a discussion about something I found amazing, considering the fact that high sodium consumption can affect more than just blood pressure. It may affect blood vessels, heart, kidneys and brain. That was in my original thread "Arby's".
Old 03-27-2015, 03:47 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Health expert have reversed their opinion on salt 1500 is too low the body needs more google it
Is it their opinion that we need 3,480 milligrams of sodium in one sandwich?

Through tens of thousands of years, even hundreds of thousands of years, man did not have a salt shaker. Suddenly, we have a big requirement for the addition of sodium to our foods?
Old 03-27-2015, 03:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Salt is a preserving item. Everything in moderation.
Old 03-27-2015, 04:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

More info at History of Salt | SaltWorks

As far back as 6050 BC, salt has been an important and integral part of the world’s history, as it has been interwoven into the daily lives of countless historic civilizations. Used as a part of Egyptian religious offerings and valuable trade between the Phoenicians and their Mediterranean empire, salt and history have been inextricably intertwined for millennia, with great importance placed on salt by many different races and cultures of people. Even today, the history of salt touches our daily lives. The word “salary” was derived from the word “salt.” Salt was highly valued and its production was legally restricted in ancient times, so it was historically used as a method of trade and currency. The word “salad” also originated from “salt,” and began with the early Romans salting their leafy greens and vegetables. Undeniably, the history of salt is both broad ranging and unique, leaving its indelible mark in cultures across the globe.
Salt was in general use long before history, as we know it, began to be recorded. Some 2,700 years B.C.—about 4,700 years ago—there was published in China the Peng-Tzao-Kan-Mu, probably the earliest known treatise on pharmacology. A major portion of this writing was devoted to a discussion of more than 40 kinds of salt, including descriptions of two methods of extracting salt and putting it in usable form that are amazingly similar to processes used today. Chinese folklore recounts the discovery of salt. Salt production has been important in China for two millennia or more. And the Chinese, like many other governments over time, realizing that everyone needed to consume salt, made salt taxes a major revenue source. Nomads spreading westward were known to carry salt. Egyptian art from as long ago as 1450 B.C. records salt-making.
Old 03-27-2015, 04:10 PM
Sage
Default Arby's correction / misunderstanding

Quote:
Is it their opinion that we need 3,480 milligrams of sodium in one sandwich?

Through tens of thousands of years, even hundreds of thousands of years, man did not have a salt shaker. Suddenly, we have a big requirement for the addition of sodium to our foods?
Doggon it. Bogie used one of my sources. However, man has used salt thought prehistory and recorded history. Among other things it was used as a preservative for fish and meats to provide food during seasonal variations in availability.

Despite my efforts I cannot find a reference to the use of salt on vegetables for preservation. So when did veganism arise, and why? For the hundreds of thousands of years of years we have existed in our variety of forms, humans and our predecessors have depended upon both salt and meat/fish and other non-vegan proteins.
Old 03-27-2015, 04:20 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,772 Times in 512 Posts

Quote:

Tabletop salt dishes goes back to the middle ages..........

"This salt holder, often an ornate and richly decorated affair, marked the boundary line on the table between those of honorable estate and the commoners, which gave rise to the saying, ‘below the salt’, signifying someone of little importance."

https://saltandpeppershakers.wordpre...e-salt-shaker/
Old 03-27-2015, 04:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Don't forget you can be turned into a pillar of salt

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.