Augustine’s 1812 House

Closed Thread
Old 12-30-2020, 11:22 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
As usual, The Villages Gourmet Club has a good description, menu and now a review of the new Augustine's. Here: LINK

Skip
The thread was started prior to the review. The VGC was not as usual, the review was for 12/20 was just posted, a few days ago. VGC have a run down on some dishes that is served, some prices, but never posts an entire menu, for any restaurant. I searched VGC after I couldn’t find a website, at the time, only had name, and the now open.
Opening was mid November. As of 12/29 restaurant does not have a online menu or website from the restaurant itself. That’s unusual for any restaurant not just in TV. We had reservations for NYE, but had to cancel. So as of right now only way to view menu is drive there, memorize the menu, for future takeout.

Last edited by thelegges; 12-30-2020 at 11:43 PM.
Old 12-31-2020, 04:47 AM
Veteran member

I also had tho good means there. Chicken Farm and a Ribeye.
Old 01-12-2021, 05:01 PM

We ate there twice, first time good, second time not so good. Why can’t restaurants in TV be consistent with their food quality? Both times they were very stingy with their $9/glass wine pour.
Old 01-12-2021, 09:38 PM

Go to Paesano’s
Old 01-20-2021, 08:48 AM

Went there for dinner Saturday during the car show. We waited about 5 - 10 minutes to be seated. The waitress was very good and attentive. Placed our order for spaghetti and stuffed shells with a house salad. Timing was good as was the salad. The order was served however the spaghetti was a small serving and the stuffed shells we cold. Not just warm, they were cold. A manager came over and said we'll get this taken care of. We waited about 15 - 20 minutes before the shells were brought out and they were still cold. There was no, we're sorry, no how about a dessert on the house - nothing except the bill with no comments. Needless to say we won't be going back.
Old 01-20-2021, 09:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,506 Times in 3,104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyspear View Post
I envy you, Charlie. I have some food issues and I never go to a restaurant without seeing the menu ahead of time.

I can't find a web site for the restaurant (I assume because it is new). If anyone comes across one can you let us know please. Would love to see the menu.

Thanks.

kathy
I've found that many restaurants in this area don't have their own websites, or have poorly designed sites using "chain store" site hosts without any pricing, links don't work, "about" has nothing in it, or just a single page with the name and address.

This is what I mean about Florida being backward and slow to catch up with technology. And by slow, I mean 1990's slow.
Old 01-20-2021, 09:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,044 Times in 5,335 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halehardy View Post
Went there for dinner Saturday during the car show. We waited about 5 - 10 minutes to be seated. The waitress was very good and attentive. Placed our order for spaghetti and stuffed shells with a house salad. Timing was good as was the salad. The order was served however the spaghetti was a small serving and the stuffed shells we cold. Not just warm, they were cold. A manager came over and said we'll get this taken care of. We waited about 15 - 20 minutes before the shells were brought out and they were still cold. There was no, we're sorry, no how about a dessert on the house - nothing except the bill with no comments. Needless to say we won't be going back.
So foolish when a restaurant screws up like that and does nothing to make the customer feel better and want to return.
Old 01-20-2021, 07:08 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 384 Posts

Quote:
Somehow I feel this review is not serious.
Old 01-21-2021, 06:03 AM
Default Couldn’t care about price

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Unless I am missing something I have not found any menu online. Could care less about price, but prior knowledge of entrees is nice. Being this is only your 4th post since 2013, a restaurant review is interesting
This is the reason that seniors living in the villages are constantly getting ripped off by high prices in goods and services. People who couldn’t care less about price.
Old 01-21-2021, 08:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Somehow I feel this review is not serious.
Why would anyone want to see a new restaurant fail? I think it is serious, unfortunately.
Old 01-21-2021, 08:44 AM

Never said anything about wanting it to fail, quite the opposite. Would love to have a great Italian restaurant. Just saying it was not a good experience for us. The first time we went the food was so so and we attributed that to being new. We went back for a 2nd time in hopes that it had improved.
Old 01-21-2021, 09:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Never said anything about wanting it to fail, quite the opposite. Would love to have a great Italian restaurant. Just saying it was not a good experience for us. The first time we went the food was so so and we attributed that to being new. We went back for a 2nd time in hopes that it had improved.
Please re-read my response to the person who said he/she did not think your review was "serious". I never said you want the restaurant to fail. Quite the opposite.
Old 01-21-2021, 09:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,044 Times in 5,335 Posts

We like to see comments about restaurants to help guide us on trying different ones.

No restaurant is going to be all good or all bad, so more inclined to believe balanced reviews.
Old 01-28-2021, 10:17 PM
Platinum member

Dinner tonight at Augustines was excellent. BTW, they have a web site with a menu

Attention Required! | Cloudflare

We wish them every success.

2/13/21 Update. After an outstanding show at The Sharon, we went to dinner at Augustine’s. We had a reservation and were seated immediately. Unfortunately two of the four ordered Grouper. The Mkt Price $21.99 was fine. However the Grouper for both of us was disappointing. It was too “fishy” for our taste and we’re guessing was undercooked. The veal Parmigiana dinner was also described as just ok. Hopefully this was just an anomaly. We’ll likely try them again but what a disappointment from our first experience at Augustine’s just two weeks earlier.

Last edited by REDCART; 02-13-2021 at 07:45 PM.
Old 01-29-2021, 09:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,111 Posts
Default I guess I should feel your pain I cause you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabella View Post
This is the reason that seniors living in the villages are constantly getting ripped off by high prices in goods and services. People who couldn’t care less about price.
by blissfully going about my living and spending at the so called high prices here in villages but I don’t , compared to most big cities I spend time in when I get back to villages it’s like I’m getting stuff for free
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.