Augustines 1812 House

Closed Thread
Old 02-15-2021, 11:20 AM
Default Augustines 1812 House

Ate at Augustine' 1812 House last night (Valentines Day). I called for reservations about a week and a half ago and ask for a nice romantic table. When we arrived we were offered a tiny table in the middle of the room. I ask to be seated in one of the many empty booths and was told they were reserved. ( why wasn't one reserved for me I called a week and a half ago) We were than seated at a tine table in the back next to a door every time the door was opened a cold burst of air would blow napkins off the table not to mention make the food cold. My date ordered ravioli and was told they were out of ravioli and chef was replacing with tortellini. ( How can you be out of ravioli at 6:30 on Valentines Day) She said the tortellini was okay. I ask what soups were available, was told lentil and pasta fazool, they were out of pasta fazool. I ordered chicken marsala. The chicken was tender but floating on top of a bed of spaghetti and oil. The restaurant is to bright and noisy. I understand this restaurant is owned by the same people that own The Light House in Sumter Landing ( which I eat in often and think is a well run restaurant with good food) I can't believe this is the same owner. Horrible, will never eat there again.
Old 02-15-2021, 11:50 AM
Platinum member

Original post in late January 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by REDCART View Post
Dinner tonight at Augustines was excellent. BTW, they have a web site with a menu

Attention Required! | Cloudflare

We wish them every success.

2/13/21 Update. After an outstanding show at The Sharon, we went to dinner at Augustine’s. We had a reservation and were seated immediately. Unfortunately two of the four ordered Grouper. The Mkt Price $21.99 was fine. However the Grouper for both of us was disappointing. It was too “fishy” for our taste and we’re guessing was undercooked. The veal Parmigiana dinner was also described as just ok. The ribeye steak was fine. Hopefully this was just an anomaly. We’ll likely try them again but what a disappointment from our first experience at Augustine’s just two weeks earlier.
I reposted my earlier experience from 2/13 because we agree that Augustine’s 1812 appears to have lost their way. If so what a shame because it’s a very pretty restaurant. On a Saturday afternoon at 5 pm Augustine’s had no bottles of either Yuengling or Sam Adams.
Old 02-15-2021, 11:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,016 Times in 5,320 Posts

Either the person in charge of ordering food and beverages has no clue how to do their job or they are in financial difficulty.
Old 02-15-2021, 01:22 PM
Veteran member

my wife and i ate there last week, service and food not to good. im done with this place.
Old 02-15-2021, 02:42 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank N Judy View Post
I understand this restaurant is owned by the same people that own The Light House in Sumter Landing ( which I eat in often and think is a well run restaurant with good food) I can't believe this is the same owner. Horrible, will never eat there again.
For me, the description of food and service sounds exactly like the Lighthouse in Sumter Landing. It’s awesome location and view keeps drawing me back, and yet every time I’m let down.
Old 02-15-2021, 04:40 PM
Platinum member

Agree. Best to post the like or dislike and vote with the wallet.
Old 02-16-2021, 05:39 AM

Perfect..stay home.. holidays are always a rush.. so how was the food
.excellent I bet..
Old 02-16-2021, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Ate at Augustine' 1812 House last night (Valentines Day). I called for reservations about a week and a half ago and ask for a nice romantic table. When we arrived we were offered a tiny table in the middle of the room. I ask to be seated in one of the many empty booths and was told they were reserved. ( why wasn't one reserved for me I called a week and a half ago) We were than seated at a tine table in the back next to a door every time the door was opened a cold burst of air would blow napkins off the table not to mention make the food cold. My date ordered ravioli and was told they were out of ravioli and chef was replacing with tortellini. ( How can you be out of ravioli at 6:30 on Valentines Day) She said the tortellini was okay. I ask what soups were available, was told lentil and pasta fazool, they were out of pasta fazool. I ordered chicken marsala. The chicken was tender but floating on top of a bed of spaghetti and oil. The restaurant is to bright and noisy. I understand this restaurant is owned by the same people that own The Light House in Sumter Landing ( which I eat in often and think is a well run restaurant with good food) I can't believe this is the same owner. Horrible, will never eat there again.
I miss Demshar’s, loved their fried chicken... was never much of a fan of the Lighthouse, so we haven’t gone there yet...
Old 02-16-2021, 06:08 AM

We ate at this restaurant on Valentine's Day too and found it to have a lot of problems. We would not go there again.
Old 02-16-2021, 06:36 AM
Platinum member

We have had a good experience at Augustine 1812. The menu was somewhat limited when they first started. Our food was good and service was excellent. Don't you think restaurants are particularly challenged on holidays such as Valentine's Day?
Old 02-16-2021, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo View Post
We have had a good experience at Augustine 1812. The menu was somewhat limited when they first started. Our food was good and service was excellent. Don't you think restaurants are particularly challenged on holidays such as Valentine's Day?
With all due respect, we pay for results - not excuses. The entire staff is culpable.
Old 02-16-2021, 06:57 AM

I find the restaurants in the villages are over rated, over priced and poor service. They must think us seniors will eat anything that is placed in front of us. The only one that is pretty good is Blue Fin(my opinion).
Old 02-16-2021, 07:25 AM

Stopped at Blue Fin a couple of weeks ago just for a drink after taking a cart ride from the Chitty Chatty bridge all around the southern part and then to Brownwood. Very interesting ride. Sat at a high top outside and ordered a Pino Grigio and Chardonnay. When they came, we each took a drink and our first thought was we had the wrong wine. We switched glasses and didn't like that either. It was there house wine I guess, waitress didn't ask our preference. It was not good in our opinion. People at next table sat with two dogs and guy smoking cigar. Not impressed.
Old 02-16-2021, 07:45 AM

Quote:
What is a romantic table?
Old 02-16-2021, 07:46 AM

We went there last Friday. I thought it was supposed to be an upscale restaurant. Upscale means tablecloths to me. We were seated in the bar area, which is fine, but I expected table cloths on all tables just not the few on the reservation side. Food was just ok, and the music was way too loud. Probably won’t be back. Oh and the insides looked like the previous owners furniture. Also not upscale.
Closed Thread

Tags
table, told, restaurant, ravioli, house

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.