Augustines 1812 House

Closed Thread
Old 02-16-2021, 10:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,037 Times in 5,329 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown132 View Post
This to me sounds more like a Managment problem. The owners may not be involved on a daily basis. If the people who own the Lighthouse restaurant own this, I would go to the the Lighthouse and ask to speak to one of the owners or one of the two daughters. They are all nice people and I am sure they would listen. These people come from Massachusetts and know what good Italian and seafood is. Go talk to them, I’m sure they would listen and correct these things.
I would tend to agree this is a management issue but where has the management been up to now?

Do they not walk around and see what is going on and ask their customers how their experience has been. If they know what good Italian cooking is all they have to do is taste the food being prepared.
Old 02-16-2021, 10:58 AM

Could it be that they are serving less costumers and under estimated amount of commissary needed or influx of people off street.
Old 02-16-2021, 11:10 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by conman5652@aol.com View Post
Could it be that they are serving less costumers and under estimated amount of commissary needed or influx of people off street.
Early in the evening they are out of several very popular beers and pastas.

Can see it happening later on but seems as if the person doing the ordering needs to lean how to do their job.
Old 02-16-2021, 11:17 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stebooo View Post
I am sorry for your experience. I guess I don't think that as a romantic restuarant to begin with. Please realize that articles like this are not good for the restuarant. We have eaten there and had exactly the opposite. Fantastic food and service.
I dont understand your comment about articles not being good for the restaurant???? What should these extremely disappointed people write?...it was marvelous, had a great meal, service is outstanding???
Maybe you have a horse in this race...which is fine....I suggest you gallop over there and tell them before they are just another statistic.
Old 02-16-2021, 12:07 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDgolfer54 View Post
Couldn’t agree with you more. Nothing about the place was good. Poor service, rude hostess and lousy food. It all goes back to the Management. Place won’t last.
I disagree. I have eaten at Augustino's 3 times recently. The salmon was excellent and loved the light sauce on it. The green beans were perfectly cooked (not like the non-cooked, crunchy green beans at Bonefish). I like Bonefish but not their green beans - they have always been raw even when they are asked to cook it more.
I had grouper at Augustino's and there was nothing wrong with it. It was not fishy as someone else here had written. The waitress could not have been better. Very attentive. The manager came by to see how we liked our dinner. I have never been disappointed there.
Old 02-16-2021, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank N Judy View Post
Ate at Augustine' 1812 House last night (Valentines Day). I called for reservations about a week and a half ago and ask for a nice romantic table. When we arrived we were offered a tiny table in the middle of the room. I ask to be seated in one of the many empty booths and was told they were reserved. ( why wasn't one reserved for me I called a week and a half ago) We were than seated at a tine table in the back next to a door every time the door was opened a cold burst of air would blow napkins off the table not to mention make the food cold. My date ordered ravioli and was told they were out of ravioli and chef was replacing with tortellini. ( How can you be out of ravioli at 6:30 on Valentines Day) She said the tortellini was okay. I ask what soups were available, was told lentil and pasta fazool, they were out of pasta fazool. I ordered chicken marsala. The chicken was tender but floating on top of a bed of spaghetti and oil. The restaurant is to bright and noisy. I understand this restaurant is owned by the same people that own The Light House in Sumter Landing ( which I eat in often and think is a well run restaurant with good food) I can't believe this is the same owner. Horrible, will never eat there again.
OK, now that REALLY sucked!!
Old 02-16-2021, 07:03 PM
Default Not Impressed

A friend and I went to Augustine's about a month after it opened. They put us in a table in the middle of the room (no biggie).The restaurant was very busy and noisy. The Italian entrees both came out slightly burnt but it was late and we didn't bother complaining. The server came by every five minutes to check on us. Would never eat there again.P>S> I am a big customer of The Lighthouse, mainly for the atmosphere, but their food is decent.
Old 02-16-2021, 07:53 PM
Default Re:Demshars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobullymom View Post
I miss Demshar’s, loved their fried chicken... was never much of a fan of the Lighthouse, so we haven’t gone there yet...
Demshars are now running Cheers, located in Stonecrest. It is open to the public. Same great food and service. cheersatstonecrest.com/
Old 02-16-2021, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmarr1 View Post
perfect..stay home.. Holidays are always a rush.. So how was the food
.excellent i bet..
wtf??
Old 02-16-2021, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo View Post
We have had a good experience at Augustine 1812. The menu was somewhat limited when they first started. Our food was good and service was excellent. Don't you think restaurants are particularly challenged on holidays such as Valentine's Day?
So that means the food sucks and calling in a reservation a week and a half out gets you stuck by the bathroom door?
Old 02-16-2021, 10:12 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,212 Times in 351 Posts

I had dinner on a Wednesday night. It was OK but nothing special. I'll take Lopez, Chop House, Blue Fin, and Wolfgang over this. Just my opinion.
Old 02-19-2021, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDCART View Post
Original post in late January 2021

I reposted my earlier experience from 2/13 because we agree that Augustine’s 1812 appears to have lost their way. If so what a shame because it’s a very pretty restaurant. On a Saturday afternoon at 5 pm Augustine’s had no bottles of either Yuengling or Sam Adams.
On our last visit they ran out of the red house wine and our only choice was the more expensive glass of wine which they only filled a 1/4 of the way. How can you not have house wine at 4 pm?
Old 02-19-2021, 01:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage327 View Post
On our last visit they ran out of the red house wine and our only choice was the more expensive glass of wine which they only filled a 1/4 of the way. How can you not have house wine at 4 pm?
They do not have a living breathing employee looking at the inventory and ordering as required.
Old 02-20-2021, 12:22 AM

To me it's simply a shame that Augustine's has been in business since 1812, and still have not figured some of this stuff out after 209 years in business. Granted, 1812 was a tough year in which to start, but still.
Old 02-20-2021, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet2020 View Post
To me it's simply a shame that Augustine's has been in business since 1812, and still have not figured some of this stuff out after 209 years in business. Granted, 1812 was a tough year in which to start, but still.
Now that’s funny!
Closed Thread

Tags
table, told, restaurant, ravioli, house

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.