Augustine’s 1812 House

Closed Thread
Old 11-06-2021, 11:53 AM
Veteran member

I went to the 1812's Sunday brunch for $7.99 last week and I have to say that it was not only a good bargain, but a FANTASTIC MEAL!!!! I'll be doing it every week if they keep it that good.
Old 11-06-2021, 12:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by holger danske View Post
guess you never worked in a restaurant kitchen? Take what you saw at the buffet and multiple by 10. But what you don't see won't kill ya, right?
What you do see won't kill ya either. My immune system has kept me very safe for many years of cruise ship buffets (over 40 cruises worth).
Old 11-06-2021, 01:52 PM

Follow the 10 sec rule

My food dropped on the floor, I leave in 10 seconds
Old 11-06-2021, 06:21 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,858 Times in 784 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjeanj View Post
Just had dinner at Augustines. They are doing a buffet only due to short wait staff. I had stuffed shells meatballs salad topped off by cheesecake dessert. My husband had meatballs, ravioli, and sausage and peppers.

We both thought the meal options were good and flavorful. Dinner was especially yummy.
$15.99 each.
Given that it was hard to get enough people as wait staff and in the kitchen to serve people fast enough with separate orders, I think an Italian buffet is an excellent idea. Don’t think “Eat all I want until I explode.” Think “Salad ready to eat and my favorite Italian entree ready to eat.” It saves a lot of time if you can serve yourself, and things like lasagna are made in big pans and can be baked hours in advance and are actually better the second day. So you save a lot of money and maybe get what you would have ordered anyway, and we keep a good restaurant here instead of it going under. So please support them!
Old 11-07-2021, 01:15 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,858 Times in 784 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe C. View Post
I went to the 1812's Sunday brunch for $7.99 last week and I have to say that it was not only a good bargain, but a FANTASTIC MEAL!!!! I'll be doing it every week if they keep it that good.
I went to the Sunday Brunch today. $7.99. That’s a good deal. While I’ve been to fancier brunches, they also cost a lot more. Items included, as I recall it, bacon, corned beef hash, pancakes, biscuits with sausage gravy, scrambled eggs, fried onions and peppers, small muffins, and Danish. People seemed to be eating a lot. It was a good-sized crowd. I think it is 10-2, though Im not certain about the opening time. Check it out if that sounds good to you.
Closed Thread

Tags
meatballs, dinner, augustine’s, thought, husband

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.