Vic Embers

Closed Thread
Old 09-29-2012, 08:01 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts
Default Vic Embers

Thursday evening seven Villagers went to Vic Embers on 441 in Leesburg. We were greeted warmly by Vic Donnelly the owner and seated in time for the "early specials" just before 6:00 pm. We had a friendly and efficient waiter (Tim) and everybody was pleased with the service and food. Three of us had Grouper Frommage, three had steaks and one had orange roughy. Since we were celebrating a birthday, everybody got a free dessert or after dinner drink. It was one of the best dinning experiences we have had in a long while and when we left all of us felt that Vic Embers really appreciated our business!
Old 09-29-2012, 08:14 AM
Dancing Thyme

Yes, I agree. We used to frequent Vic Embers every Friday when he had karaoke in the bar area. The service, food and total atmosphere was wonderful. I'd highly recommend this restaurant for special occasions. Well worth the drive.

Even the bar food was great!!

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 09-29-2012, 10:32 AM

We have a scheduled community trip for brunch at Vic Embers coming up in November - it will be our first visit there. Glad to read the positive reviews - looking forward to going.
Old 09-29-2012, 11:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Those folks operated a quality restaurant for many years in Dayton, Ohio called The Paragon.

It too was excellent. .
Old 09-29-2012, 03:16 PM
Gold member
Thumbs up A very special evening

We also went to Vic's to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary last week and had an outstanding dinner and service was out of this world. We went on a Friday night and they had dance music which was very good. We had been there once before to celebrate our house closing and we took 2 other couples with us this time that had never been there and they agreed it was well worth the trip. Sue's birthday is coming up in November and she may get lucky again
Skip 2
Old 09-29-2012, 04:51 PM

Four of us went last evening and were quite pleased with everything!!
Old 09-29-2012, 05:02 PM
Gold member

We went there about 4 years ago. Our son ordered fish (can't recall the type) and he got the wrong thing. However, he started eating it. He ate half way and then the waitress brought him the fish that he ordered. She was told to take the half eaten fish back which to me was kind of rediculous but I believe she was told that by the manager. What were they going to do with the half eaten fish. In any case we have never been back. I'm sure that was a unique experience for this resturant seeing as how other people like the place.

John

"Don't curse the darkness when you can light a candle"
Old 10-03-2012, 11:26 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrheydt View Post
We went there about 4 years ago. Our son ordered fish (can't recall the type) and he got the wrong thing. However, he started eating it. He ate half way and then the waitress brought him the fish that he ordered. She was told to take the half eaten fish back which to me was kind of rediculous but I believe she was told that by the manager. What were they going to do with the half eaten fish. In any case we have never been back. I'm sure that was a unique experience for this resturant seeing as how other people like the place.

John
I agree that may seem odd, especially to those of us who were told "not to waste and clean your plate.". Maybe the waitress thought she was doing your son a favor by getting it out of the way? Other than taking the wrong fish back, how was the rest of the service and the food? After 4 years, give them another try---I think you will enjoy the service and the overall dinning experience.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.