Aw shucks...

Closed Thread
Old 02-28-2011, 08:58 AM
Veteran member
Default Bring the Aloha Shirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman911 View Post
You are correct Jackz. Still living on the rock for now. I see from your avatar that you kept some of your Aloha shirts. I may need to hold an Aloha shirt garage sale before I depart the land of Aloha.
Actually the photo is of me wearing an aloha shirt while in Barbados, but as previously suggested, bring some to the villages where you will get some more use out of them.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackz View Post
See this link to see a recent Health Department Inspection of Aw Shucks, it appears they received 7 violations and a warning.

http://data.gainesville.com/restaura...ection_2032646
Well, I guess that explains my food poisoning !! Should have done my research first ! We went there Friday night for oysters. Ordered some for appy's just to try them. They were cooked medium and were tough. Then I wanted some of their Friday Night Fish Fry...but by 6:30 they were out of fish. Huh??

So settled for a hamburger which was mediocre at best.

Saturday mid morning I started to feel tired and run down, night time I started having stomach issues, and that has lasted until today, Monday, and I'm still feeling weak and have not much of an appetite.

I was beginning to think it was a flu bug, but now after reading this thread, I see it WAS the food !

Spare yourself the problems and stay away. The atmosphere was very poor as well. No music except for a juke box and just plain ordinary, like a run down pub.

Last edited by Canukistan; 03-14-2011 at 08:42 AM. Reason: bad spelling, lol
Old 10-03-2012, 11:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Anyone been to this place lately? Wondering how it is? It is called O'Shucks. https://foursquare.com/v/oshucks/4d8...cdf04da07fba8a
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.