The Back Porch Reastaurant....more current experiences.

Closed Thread
Old 07-26-2022, 03:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,279 Times in 2,480 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny70 View Post
Hubby and I were there (for the 4th time)
a week ago. Food and Service was excellent. We live five minutes from The Back Porch, so we are hoping it will succeed. The Restaurant was less than half full at 6:00. My suggestions to change that would be the following. First: Know your Patrons. Look around. Everyone in the Room was over 60 yet the blaring music was definitely not "their Music". Maybe tone it down a bit ...........................
Saved us a journey.
Restaurants and blaring/loud music definitely a no -no for me.
Hearing aids and loud music kill any casual conversation.
Pass!
Old 07-26-2022, 08:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny70 View Post
Hubby and I were there (for the 4th time)
a week ago. Food and Service was excellent. We live five minutes from The Back Porch, so we are hoping it will succeed. The Restaurant was less than half full at 6:00. My suggestions to change that would be the following. First: Know your Patrons. Look around. Everyone in the Room was over 60 yet the blaring music was definitely not "their Music". Maybe tone it down a bit and either play Country or something more 50's and 60's. The Rock they were playing didn't go with the Diners. Secondly: Now that the Snowbirds are gone, you need to offer coupons or Specials to get people to come. Almost all of the Restaurants are doing that now. Some are offering 2 for 1 on a special night, or buy one, get the second meal 50% off. Maybe it would help to fill that other half of the Restaurant! They should remember we are the Far North End of the Villages. People in this area are mid Seventies to Eighties. They still enjoy eating out, but are not the Partiers they were when they moved here 20 years ago. They will help make this Restaurant a success, but the Owners might need to make the dining atmosphere a bit more in tune with the Age Group!
Assume you shared your thoughts with management. We cannot make changes………………
Old 09-25-2022, 02:16 PM
Default Disappointed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
I hear and see mixed revues most over a month old.

Anybody been there more recently?

Good/bad/other?
The 3 young ladies at the hostess desk forgot to smile or welcome us at 5:30pm on Saturday 09/24/2022. We were seated immediately. The restaurant was not busy.
We gave our order to server Heather, then waited 33 minutes for Caesar salad with chicken for me and Walleye with yellow rice for my Mister. The salad had scant dressing and no croutons. Server Heather returned from kitchen saying they were out of croutons.
Mister's Walleye was baked in an unpleasant breading. The rice was delicious.
Upon exiting the dining room, I passed by a Caesar salad loaded with croutons. II asked to speak to manager. Was told "not sure where they were". I could cry!
Several things were wrong with our evening at The BackPorch. All, I believe, could be improved with proper employee training.
Best wishes for success.
Old 09-25-2022, 02:20 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,706 Times in 761 Posts

Never understood why they can’t send someone to Publix to get needed provisions
Old 09-25-2022, 02:33 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramone View Post
I think the food for all of us was above average but it was discouraging when the manager or floor boss would not allow my service dog to be in the dining room area. The poor gal had to sit in a hot car. [QUOTE The two person =billethkid;2108455]I hear and see mixed revues most over a month old.

Good/bad/other?
[/QUOTE]
You left your dog in a hot car...?
Old 09-25-2022, 04:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,420 Times in 5,110 Posts

Never been there. But the comments about loud music have kept me away. I don't care how good the food is, if they have loud music, I won't go.
Old 09-25-2022, 05:00 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,706 Times in 761 Posts

Loud music. No thanks.
Old 09-25-2022, 07:51 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanoble View Post
The 3 young ladies at the hostess desk forgot to smile or welcome us at 5:30pm on Saturday 09/24/2022. We were seated immediately. The restaurant was not busy.
We gave our order to server Heather, then waited 33 minutes for Caesar salad with chicken for me and Walleye with yellow rice for my Mister. The salad had scant dressing and no croutons. Server Heather returned from kitchen saying they were out of croutons.
Mister's Walleye was baked in an unpleasant breading. The rice was delicious.
Upon exiting the dining room, I passed by a Caesar salad loaded with croutons. II asked to speak to manager. Was told "not sure where they were". I could cry!
Several things were wrong with our evening at The BackPorch. All, I believe, could be improved with proper employee training.
Best wishes for success.
This is an interesting review. Our experience was somewhat similar, but different. We arrived on Saturday around 5:00 pm. We were seated right away and out wait staff, Emilie, came right over and took our drink orders. A couple of minutes later when she delivered our drinks we placed our order. I had the Pork Schnitzel and my wife had the 5oz filet. We waited about 30 minutes for our meal to be delivered. However during this time Emilie made sure our drinks were filled and kept us apprised of our food order. When delivered, the food was good, not great. But then again, The Back Porch is not a 5 star restaurant. Overall, we had great service from Emilie, a good meal, but they need to improve their kitchen staff.
Old 09-25-2022, 09:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,537 Times in 1,461 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramone View Post
I think the food for all of us was above average but it was discouraging when the manager or floor boss would not allow my service dog to be in the dining room area. The poor gal had to sit in a hot car.

Good/bad/other?
[/QUOTE]

You obviously (you put the poor dog in the "hot car" then went back inside to eat. Imo that is totally irresponsible and shameful) don't seem to need a "service dog "(?) for dining out. 😡
Old 09-26-2022, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
I hear and see mixed revues most over a month old.

Good/bad/other?
Not impressed. Wife ordered a cocktail off menu but they ran out of an ingredient. Also several menu items were not available at the time.
Closed Thread

Tags
recently, month, mixed, revues, back

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.