Bad Augustine’s Experience

Closed Thread
Old 02-04-2023, 06:32 AM

One bad day for OP. He didn’t get his food order and went to the square . Upon attending the concert in his HANGRY state , he had to deal with cigar man.
Good thing he’s not David Banner.
Old 02-04-2023, 07:13 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garywt View Post
I had a craving for Prime Rib so I decided to try Augustine’s so I could then enjoy the rest of the evening at Spanish Springs. I entered the restaurant at about 5:45 and sat at the bar. I ordered a beer and my prime rib. Sat there on my phone not really paying attention to anything. After at least 45 minutes I asked the bartender if my food was ever going to arrive. She looked at me like I had three heads. She never entered it into the computer. I said I would pay for the beer and leave. She said no charge so off I went looking for someplace to eat. Will not be back there.
One bad experience in a restaurant , I will never go back. Probably a poor decision.
Old 02-04-2023, 07:58 AM
Default Must be hard being so perfect.

Have u ever made a mistake in your life? The Prime Rib is delicious at Augustine’s so who do you really hurt but yourself. You got a free beer out of it so what are you complaining about? They tried to make it right.
Old 02-04-2023, 08:04 AM

Quote:
I had a craving for Prime Rib so I decided to try Augustine’s so I could then enjoy the rest of the evening at Spanish Springs. I entered the restaurant at about 5:45 and sat at the bar. I ordered a beer and my prime rib. Sat there on my phone not really paying attention to anything. After at least 45 minutes I asked the bartender if my food was ever going to arrive. She looked at me like I had three heads. She never entered it into the computer. I said I would pay for the beer and leave. She said no charge so off I went looking for someplace to eat. Will not be back there.
Augustine's like so many others..lack of help, food shortages and price increases.. was happy with August...but no more menu and price changes..happened..quality poor..
Old 02-04-2023, 08:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,670 Times in 5,225 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raybemis1 View Post
Have u ever made a mistake in your life? The Prime Rib is delicious at Augustine’s so who do you really hurt but yourself. You got a free beer out of it so what are you complaining about? They tried to make it right.
He is complaining because he ordered a meal and it never came. I think that is a valid reason to complain.
Old 02-04-2023, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
She made a mistake. She tried to make up for it by giving you a free drink.

If that's the worst thing that happens to you this week, consider yourself lucky...
Totally agree. Get another drink, relax, after all your retired what's the rush.
Old 02-04-2023, 08:19 AM
Default Re:bad Augustine experience

My wife and I went to Augustine’s last week and it took a long time over half hour to receive prime rib. Gary, you did not miss anything! It was not very good. Thin, fatty, tough to cut. We both ordered them medium and my wife’s piece was on the rare side. We should have sent it back but we were there long enough and it was not that busy. Would not recommend.
Old 02-04-2023, 08:25 AM

OP has a low tolerance for mistakes. Entitled? I would say yeeeeees!
Old 02-04-2023, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Will not be back there.
Please let us know when you find the place where the staff never make mistakes.
Old 02-04-2023, 08:57 AM

Well..... maybe I should not talk. But it is a fact that prime rib is already ready, just slice it. So, you could have asked the bartender for specially timed service - maybe having someone just go back and slice a piece right away. Probably a mashed potato with it but that is just reaching in the oven. So, if they give an order priority, prime rib can be out in about one minute. Also, I think you were content on your phone, else you might have asked for a progress report from the bartender, who was right there, after about 20 minutes.

I know this is Monday morning quarterbacking. I think really, it is not your act of leaving, but your attempt to badmouth Augustine's and hurt their business over one bartender mistake, one that cause you no harm, that gets me. I mean, your motive in sharing was to stop others from going to Augustines, I assume. But...prime rib being a favorite of mine yet not know they had it....I gotta admit...I think I will try them out.
Old 02-04-2023, 09:01 AM

My first experience at Augustine was when my wife and I just walked in, were told there'd be a 45 wait; we left and ate elsewhere. Next time we were inclined to eat there we called hours ahead and reserved, no problem.
Old 02-04-2023, 09:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,670 Times in 5,225 Posts

I don't understand why so many posters are defending a restaurant that obviously provided poor service. The OP was just giving an accurate review of what happened. No one is preventing anyone from going to the restaurant.
Old 02-04-2023, 09:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,272 Times in 4,294 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlingal View Post
Garywt....5:45 is absolutely the worst time to go to a restaurant during high season. Much too busy, short staff, mistakes happen. You must go earlier if you want prompt service.
I find that if you go 7:00 (or later), you get a half full restaurant...

-Tom Petty
Old 02-04-2023, 09:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,272 Times in 4,294 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I don't understand why so many posters are defending a restaurant that obviously provided poor service. The OP was just giving an accurate review of what happened. No one is preventing anyone from going to the restaurant.
Well, pretty much everyone said that yes, they made a mistake. Is commenting that they tried to appease the customer with a free drink "defending" them?

If so, I guess I'm guilty...

-Tom Petty
Old 02-04-2023, 10:04 AM
Default At least she wasn't smoking a cigar!

Sounds like you had a rough couple of days. Lighten up Francis.
Closed Thread

Tags
augustine’s, entered, sat, rib, prime

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.