Bad set up for customers at Piesanos Pizza on Friday.

Closed Thread
Old 03-28-2020, 11:59 AM
Default Bad set up for customers at Piesanos Pizza on Friday.

Called order in before 5Pm. Was told it would be ready in about 45 minutes. Arrived there about 40 minutes later to find a line that was unbelievably long. Was told to go to the back of the line and wait. Well we received our glueten free pizza at 6:40PM and it was cold. Not a good first time customer experience. People who paid on line went in front of us just don't understand why the person who took the telephone order didn't mention that they preferred on line orders. My pizza was probably ready after 45 minutes but I had to wait in that long line even though I was told it would be ready. Very unhappy experience.
Old 03-28-2020, 12:32 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,634 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganW View Post
Called order in before 5Pm. Was told it would be ready in about 45 minutes. Arrived there about 40 minutes later to find a line that was unbelievably long. Was told to go to the back of the line and wait. Well we received our glueten free pizza at 6:40PM and it was cold. Not a good first time customer experience. People who paid on line went in front of us just don't understand why the person who took the telephone order didn't mention that they preferred on line orders. My pizza was probably ready after 45 minutes but I had to wait in that long line even though I was told it would be ready. Very unhappy experience.
Gee. That's a shame. How's your health in these serious times?
Old 03-28-2020, 12:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,416 Times in 5,107 Posts

Wow! When I saw the line, I think I would have gone to Publix and bought a frozen pizza.
Old 03-28-2020, 01:28 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,034 Times in 364 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
Gee. That's a shame. How's your health in these serious times?
point well taken.
Old 03-28-2020, 02:30 PM
Veteran member

We ordered and paid online. Quicker and easier, plus you don't have to handle money or contaminated pens for signing receipts. It is understandably very busy though, and you need to plan on getting there early and waiting in line like everyone else.
Old 03-28-2020, 02:33 PM
Platinum member

Could have also been super busy because it’s still Lent so no meat on fridays.
Old 03-28-2020, 03:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Jersey Mike's at Trailwinds was a bit backed up yesterday. I went in about 11:30 and no one was in line but about 15 people were waiting while trying to stay apart. I ordered as usual and and had it Mike's Way and I was out the door with my sub within 5 minutes. However, the people waiting around for subs who apparently called in their order for pick up, were still there when I left, maybe 1 or 2 had gotten their sub. So if you want a Jersey Mike's sub, just go and order as usual, don't call it in over the phone.

Last edited by John_W; 03-29-2020 at 03:13 PM.
Old 03-29-2020, 06:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

life for many of these restaurants turned into the reality show "Survival" overnight....what they knew worked for them came to an abrupt stop

unless their business model was initially designed for primarily takeout, they're scrambling big time to figure out how to do this the most efficient way....when there's no path to follow you become a trail blazer and it takes a little time figure it out

yet the folks that don't like to cook are still looking to be fed and are used to being immediately seated and served

nothing is more frustrating to a service person than to be working their tail off and still seeing unhappy or frustrated customers

The world has changed...we're in a new normal that is going to last for awhile to come. We all need to adapt.
Old 03-29-2020, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Make your own food or expect unexpected issues. They as the rest of us are figuring out how to handle new situations. During this pandemic. Lighten up!
Old 03-29-2020, 06:23 AM
Default Order and pick up process working better

Piesanos curbside worked well for us last night.

We ordered online and was very impressed with the ability to tailor each order with "optional" components. System said 45 min. and we arrived about 10 min. early. We sat curbside, in a golf cart, and were easily 15 feet from anybody. Checked at the 45 min. mark and was given a copy of my online payment with a number. 10 min. later my number was called and I got my piping hot order.

Our experience, the first with curbside purchasing, was good and we're grateful our restaurants are working hard so we don't have to work in our own kitchen!
Old 03-29-2020, 07:04 AM

I placed an on-line order at 4:30 with Olive Garden, arrived at 5 and no line, someone brought out my order to my car within 1 minute. Very happy customer.
Old 03-29-2020, 07:28 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,238 Times in 446 Posts

Do the same
Old 03-29-2020, 07:31 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Quote:

Was there only one pickle on your pizza??
Old 03-29-2020, 07:35 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Was there only one pickle on your pizza??
Was that a funny
Old 03-29-2020, 07:36 AM
Sage

I would never want to work in the service industry....especially here with so many diverse people who want what they want, when they want it. Our kids both worked in it and had stories to tell. These are stressful times for sure. Having a bit of patience for the workers would be nice since ALL of this affects them as well. We did curb-side carry-out last night from Flippers. Called in the order and there was a tiny bit of a wait once we got there but manageable. NO line but people in and out. BUT we did have a gluten-free on the order...not sure if that made a difference or not. Would go back!! Tasty pizza!!

Think of the business owners and their staff, running their tails off I'm sure. They're also worried about finances, family and whether they will remain well through these troubling times.
Closed Thread

Tags
line, minutes, told, pizza, ready

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.