Bavarian Brewhaus - bad experience

Closed Thread
Old 03-20-2017, 10:43 AM
Sage
Location: the villages since 04. Lived in Alaska, Texas, California, Massachusetts, Maine, Maryland, New York
Thanked 7,003 Times in 1,202 Posts
Default Bavarian Brewhaus - bad experience

My wife and I went for dinner last night. I order bratwurst dinner and she ordered a (medium cooked) steak and potatoes.

After a long wait the food came out and the steak was like shoe leather. We have lived in The Villages for over 12 years and this is the very first time we have sent food back. We are not that fussy.

The waitress looked at the steak and said, "you are right, that is awful". She took it back. I finished my entire meal and my wife was still waiting. We asked the waitress to see what was going on. She came back and said, "it will be ready in a couple of minutes". She told the waitress to forget it, give us the check for my meal and we would go.

The Owner or manager, he spoke with a germain accent, came out to the table and said, "What's wrong?" We told him about the steak and he said it is cooking. My wife said forget it it's been to long. He became very furious with us. He said "What is wrong with you? You have now cost me two good steaks. These are not cheap steaks."

Then the fight began. We explained had been there over an hour and that we didn't want to wait longer. He then said, "Please do never come to my restaurant again!" he then turned and left. He brought the check with only my meal on it and threw it on the table. Evenmy meal was not good. So I guess we will never go there again. We posted on facebook, and there were many people who said they had bad experiences there.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Old Horse new rider
Old 03-20-2017, 11:31 AM
Sage

The place is in its death spiral--they are looking for tourists & spring breakers to keep them afloat

Places like this need all the bad press they can get, to get them to change their ways

Word to the wise check out any restaurant you haven't been to before or haven't been there in a long time
Old 03-20-2017, 11:54 AM
Gold member

It's too bad that this looks like one more eatery by the wayside.

Why restaurants fail: no experience, no planning, no execution.

I was looking forward to good German food. But the reviews are really poor.
Old 03-20-2017, 11:55 AM
Sage
Default Wrong food, wrong restaurant

It's a German restaurant...why not go to a steakhouse if you want steak?? I went there twice and had great German food.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:07 PM
Sage

Wow one person had good food at this place, its a start--do we have a second?
Old 03-20-2017, 12:17 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post
It's a German restaurant...why not go to a steakhouse if you want steak?? I went there twice and had great German food.
I think the op was more upset about managements behavior than the steak. We have eaten there once,had German food and is was mediocre at best. The schnitzel was swimming in grease.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post
Seems to me the OP wanted German food. He was accompanied by his wife who preferred to order a different menu. I think she had a reasonable expectation that if something was on the menu, that they could properly prepare it.

BTW: Been there once with a group of friends. None of us has gone back.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:35 PM
Sage

3 negatives , 1 plus--doesn't look good
Old 03-20-2017, 12:38 PM
Default Lamb Shank was great

My husband and I both had the lamb shank at the bar.
It was very good as well as the 2 types of potato salad they offer.
I would go back again for the lamb. I don't know about anything else on the menu.
Old 03-20-2017, 01:30 PM
Gold member

Never ever going to that restaurant again.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:31 PM
Sage
Location: the villages since 04. Lived in Alaska, Texas, California, Massachusetts, Maine, Maryland, New York
Thanked 7,003 Times in 1,202 Posts

Thank you. You are exactly correct Birdie
Old 03-20-2017, 02:49 PM
Platinum member

We ate there once. It was by far the worst restaurant meal we have had in our 4 years here.
Old 03-20-2017, 03:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Is it the same owner as when it was a tapas restaurant? Went there recently and it seemed just as poorly managed. They were out of a couple of their selections such as sweet and sour meatballs and potato pancakes. And New York strip and Cabernet. Drink service was slow with no apparent reason. Our waiter did his best at keeping us informed of when things were coming such as salads and bread (which had not come out of the oven yet). The salad was excellent and the bread was warm and good. The main courses were decent. And there was entertainment. So a mixed bag at best. Next time a bratwurst and a beer outside.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 03-20-2017, 03:26 PM
Sage

ya pays your money and ya takes your chances, eating out should not be a game of Russian food roulette
Closed Thread

Tags
steak, meal, wife, back, waitress

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.