Belle Glade Fabulous

Closed Thread
Old 01-29-2015, 10:53 AM
Smile Belle Glade Fabulous

I took 29 ladies to Belle Glade on Tuesday for lunch at 11:30. I can't say enough about how well were treated. Setting up the reservation was handled very professionally and accommodating. We were greeted upon arrival in a friendly and efficient manner. Drink orders were taken immediately as we individually arrived. The servers were friendly, efficient and accommodating as we proceeded to request rearranging the tables. The food and service were superb. The separate rooms are wonderful for a large group. It was too cold to sit outside which I originally requested and they were able to make the change smoothly after I phoned with my final count the day before. The manager on duty even stopped by and chatted with us. I highly recommend Belle Glade Country Club Restaurant.

Last edited by Mimivillager; 01-29-2015 at 10:56 AM. Reason: addition
Old 01-29-2015, 11:15 AM
Eternal Member

We had over 250 Parrot Heads there on Monday for our big volunteer recognition party. It was a wonderful time. Many people stayed and ate. Never heard any complaints about food or service. Everyone had a fun time !!!

Fred, the owner came in and went around and chatted.
He's a very nice man who truly cares about his company, the employees and the guests !!
Old 01-29-2015, 01:21 PM
Veteran member

Fred is accommodating and does indeed care about his customers!
Old 01-29-2015, 01:37 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Hmmmmmm we have battling threads pertaining to Belle Glade. This "Belle
Glade Fabulous" and a second "Belle Glade never again"with 30 or so responses.

Since the latter thread was first why did OP feel a need for a second thread?

Restaurant critiques are ubiquitous and based on the past remarks made on this blog over the years indicate a critical need for a decent restaurant.

Perhaps the problem rests with those whose expectations are too great or who compare a local restaurant with mom's cooking or a treasured restaurant back home?

A common reply when someone expresses dissatisfaction is did you tell the manager? Perhaps but if a customer can get past the chef and the server to complain well then the manager really failed in the first place.

He or she should be running a top notch operation with well trained people who know what to do when things begin to go wrong. You get the picture.

Meantime based on this thread it appears that the more people you have in your party the better experience you have. So you twosomes might want to talk to the manager first before sitting down for a meal. It may help alleviate an unpleasant and tasteless meal

Last edited by rubicon; 01-29-2015 at 03:32 PM.
Old 01-29-2015, 01:43 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Hmmmmmm we have battling threads pertaining to Belle Glade. This "Belle
Glade Fabulous" and a second "Belle Glade never again"with 30 or so responses.

Since the latter thread was first why did OP feel a need for a second thread?

Restaurant critiques are ubiquitous and based on the past remarks made on this blog over the years indicate a critical need for a decent restaurant.

Perhaps the problem rests with those whose expectations are too great or who compare a local restaurant with mom's cooking or a treasured restaurant back home?

A common reply when someone expresses dissatisfaction is did you tell the manager? Perhaps but if a customer can get based the chef and the server to complain well then the manager really failed in the first place.

He or she should be running a top notch operation with well trained people who know what to do when things begin to go wrong. You get the picture.

Meantime based on this thread it appears that the more people you have in your party the better experience you have. So you twosomes might want to talk to the manager first before sitting down for a meal. It may help alleviate an unpleasant and tasteless meal
My guess is the OP wanted a different thread title.
Old 01-29-2015, 01:46 PM
Platinum member

It's all about the pickles.

Chloe
&
Lulu
Old 01-29-2015, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
Bonny,you are correct!
Old 01-29-2015, 03:06 PM
Sage

Using the term fabulous is way over the top for any restaurant in the villages. The best rating here is good , & ,OK, Honestly, there is no fabulous dining in the villages. I don't know what makes feeding a party of 20+ fabulous , except that they fed you. We don't have waiters, we have servers. I know we all come from various parts of the country, but be honest when heaping praise on an establishment that is doing noting more than feeding you !!!!
Old 01-29-2015, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Using the term fabulous is way over the top for any restaurant in the villages. The best rating here is good , & ,OK, Honestly, there is no fabulous dining in the villages. I don't know what makes feeding a party of 20+ fabulous , except that they fed you. We don't have waiters, we have servers. I know we all come from various parts of the country, but be honest when heaping praise on an establishment that is doing noting more than feeding you !!!!
Thank you Chatbrat, whoever you are, for posting one of the most intelligent Restaurant comments I've ever seen on this website. Your comments are spot on. It's amazing to me as well how many people in TV not only accept mediocrity, but rave about it. My experience at Belle Glade was, as I'm sure yours is, OK at best!
Old 01-29-2015, 03:17 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
I personally have had lots of fabulous meals in the Villages. Been here almost 15 years. To each their own.
Old 01-29-2015, 03:23 PM
Email Reported As Spam
Default What Creates This Phenomenon?

I wish I could identify the specific phenomenon but it is always the same. If someone agrees with you then their comments are the most intelligent and enlightened. And if a person's comments are contrary to your opinion then the person is plain stupid and doesn't know what s/he is talking. it works every time.
Old 01-29-2015, 03:31 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
Hi Bonny: The question was rhetorical. Apparently the OP wanted to state her opinion, make her point and didn't want it to get lost in the 30 + posts on that other thread. that's fine.

We can all debate til the cows come home but there simply is no accounting for taste ,style, etc and that's the way nature intended it So fabulous or lousy is perhaps all subjective....unless of course you burn the roast

What is this organization called parrot head?

By the way I admire your "live let live"attitude.

Rubicon
Old 01-29-2015, 03:40 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Hi Bonny: The question was rhetorical. Apparently the OP wanted to state her opinion, make her point and didn't want it to get lost in the 30 + posts on that other thread. that's fine.

We can all debate til the cows come home but there simply is no accounting for taste ,style, etc and that's the way nature intended it So fabulous or lousy is perhaps all subjective....unless of course you burn the roast

What is this organization called parrot head?

By the way I admire your "live let live"attitude.

Rubicon
Good post & thank you !!
Parrot Heads are Jimmy Buffet fans. We have the largest club in the world here. We finished up last year with over 1600 members. It's a very charitable club. Just about everything we do is for charity. It's a great club with a lot of really good people and friends.
Old 01-29-2015, 04:10 PM

Quote:
I wish I could identify the specific phenomenon but it is always the same. If someone agrees with you then their comments are the most intelligent and enlightened. And if a person's comments are contrary to your opinion then the person is plain stupid and doesn't know what s/he is talking. it works every time.
You are way off base. My comments were not inspired by anything but total agreement with the poster's perspective on the subject at hand. Actually I might even agree with you on the chance you had something to say that was agreeable to me. The fact is simple; most if not all Villages Restaurants are Ok, not great, just OK. You and your cohorts are free to disagree if you wish, and free to eat wherever you wish, but please don't have the audacity to tell me on a public forum that my opinion is based on anything but what I truly believe.
Old 01-29-2015, 04:22 PM
Sage

Bonny, when if ever did you ever have a waiter--not a server place a linen napkin on your lap? Also, when if ever, did you have a waiter bring a bottle of what ever you wanted to drink to your table and pour your drink in front of you. When did any one here ever have a waiter or Maitre'd prepare a caesar salad table side. Stop the excuses--there is NO fine dining in the villages. If you think, volume & price is the prime mover for dining out---the villages is your cup of tea.

Convenience and price doesn't equal fine dining, it equals adequate feeding at best.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.