Belle Glade NEVER Again!!!!! (1-28-2015)

Closed Thread
Old 01-29-2015, 09:51 AM

that's the way it is here jimbo. trash a place ,service or anything and you get from others here "im sorry to hear bla bla bla,. hello bad meal stand up and say something if you don't your problem......
Old 01-29-2015, 09:55 AM
Location: The woods of the UP of Michigan and the Village of Pinellas

Went for dinner in December and food was "just" OK. Service was "just" OK. My first inclination is to not return, but after reading the other posts, I think I will give it a whirl and try their lunch.
"jimbo2012" some people (like me for instance) are very reluctant to have a face-to-face with management about food but feel OK to anonymously warn others about their experience on TOTV. I'm not much of a confrontational person - it is too stressful for me. Can't do it - God just made me that way. But no stress (well maybe a little) on TOTV to warn others of potential problems at the restaurant. I don't think she had malice in mind - just to make others aware before they try for themselves.

I'd rather regret what I've done, than regret what I've left undone. Lucille Ball
Old 01-29-2015, 09:55 AM
Veteran member

ate there twice,food was terrible! why would I bother to complain,for another lousy free meal. had the same lousy waitress,what a place,never again! Mc D's has more flavor.
Old 01-29-2015, 10:09 AM
Veteran member

When we ate there the food was wonderful. You should give them another try.
Old 01-29-2015, 10:14 AM

we went there it was great. however we only went once. we have been to Bonifey a lot, same restaurant group, it has been absolutely great every time. the management is very friendly and concerned about the customers.
Old 01-29-2015, 10:17 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisbad1 View Post
ate there twice,food was terrible! why would I bother to complain,for another lousy free meal. had the same lousy waitress,what a place,never again! Mc D's has more flavor.
Why bother to complain? How about calling it constructive criticism? Let management know of specific problems with the service or of specific issues with the food. IF management is doing their job properly, problems can be corrected.
Old 01-29-2015, 10:29 AM
Eternal Member

We were there this Monday. That's probably about our 8th or 9th time there.
Food was very good and had great service.

Talking to a manager does not have to be confrontational.
There are decent ways to complain and let them know there was a problem.

I don't understand the not ever going going back because of a burnt hamburger.
If I quit going to a restaurant because something was wrong one time, I'd have to eat a lot at home. LOL
Old 01-29-2015, 10:49 AM
Platinum member

I also have to give another thumbs up for Belle Glade Restaurant. Every meal I've had there has been excellent and the service has been great. Same for Bonifay and Evans Prairie.

One burger does not a restaurant make! You should have sent it back right then if you didn't think it was up to par. (Yes, the golf pun was intended.) It's your right not to go back there, but seems like a lot of other folks will continue to enjoy their excellent experience.
Old 01-29-2015, 10:55 AM
Gold member

Given the health regulations, getting a burnt hamburger is probably a nationwide experience.
Old 01-29-2015, 11:01 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post

If I quit going to a restaurant because something was wrong one time, I'd have to eat a lot at home. LOL
Old 01-29-2015, 11:07 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post

Although I have never eaten at Belle Glade, I found it to be beneficial to complain when something is not served right.

Had an episode at City Fire when I ordered a pizza without pepperoni and it cam loaded with pepperoni and lots of spice that doesn't agree with me. I am fairly easy going, I decided to try and eat the pizza as is, but after taking one bite, I complained to the waitress the pizza was terrible and not what I had ordered. She immediately took it away and the manager came over to check to see what she could do to make things right. I then ordered something different.

Excellent customer service skills were shown and appreciated by moi.

I am also not a confrontational person but I will speak up if someone is acting inappropriately and or service is very subpar. I would not go back to a restaurant after something happens a couple of times, as everyone can have a bad day. Everyone has to realize that sometimes restaurants are busy and don't penalized the waitress for something, the cook did. There are too many good choices.

If I had eaten the whole meal, then I would never file a complaint, but that's me.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 01-29-2015, 11:18 AM
Eternal Member

I don't really like being redundant, but someone started another thread on Belle Glade and I posted and just wanted to share one more thing please.

We had over 250 Parrot Heads there on Monday for our big volunteer recognition party. It was a wonderful time. Many people stayed and ate. Never heard any complaints about food or service. Everyone had a fun time !!!

Fred, the owner came in and went around and chatted.
He's a very nice man who truly cares about his company, the employees and the guests !!

If you have a problem at one of his restaurants, please let someone know.
Old 01-29-2015, 11:37 AM

While talking to a manager does not have to be confrontational, if the manager was doing his job properly it would not be necessary. A good manager will talk to the patrons or send his assistant to talk to them to make sure everything is alright.
Old 01-29-2015, 11:59 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomOB View Post
While talking to a manager does not have to be confrontational, if the manager was doing his job properly it would not be necessary. A good manager will talk to the patrons or send his assistant to talk to them to make sure everything is alright.
I would think that mistakes happen, even in the best of places. But they are being blown out of proportion by customers who act like they are "victims" of gross mismanagement.
Old 01-29-2015, 12:04 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomOB View Post
I would think sometimes it would be difficult to get to every single table as people are leaving and others are sitting down. It's a fairly large place with the inside and outside.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.