Best breakfast restaurant?

Closed Thread
Old 12-07-2022, 11:19 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,754 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsstats View Post
Will be staying a few days in August to decide on moving here. What is a good breakfast place?
I suspect your post is really going to result in quite a list...LOL. Everyone has their own idea of a "breakfast place", for sure ! From "truck stop" style (not fancy just pile it high", to some places that have some great recipes of their own (like KeKe's pancake batter... with the slightly vanilla taste).

My absolute favorite has not opened yet, Another Broken Egg. First ate there at the insistence of friends who practically DEMANDED we not leave Charleston without eating there. Don't think it had spread so much as a franchise back then, but sure looking forward to the one scheduled for Brownwood.
Old 12-07-2022, 11:25 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,754 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugMom View Post
because they use genuine maple syrup. the real stuff, not a blend of corn syrup with food dye. you try it once & you'll never go back to the commercial junk
That's FOR SURE ! ! ! Broke my heart (boo hoo) when even the "upscale" cruise lines began using that colored corn syrup too ! I now take my own... yep, the strange old lady takes her small bottle with her for breakfast out and on vacations. But I still remember when Cracker Barrel was only in Tennessee and ONLY served real maple syrup in individual bottles. Oh how times change right ?
Old 12-08-2022, 09:10 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,176 Times in 757 Posts

Darrel's , Billy's , First Watch , or Evans Prairie.
Old 12-08-2022, 12:26 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFlorida View Post
Darrel's , Billy's , First Watch , or Evans Prairie.
Unfortunately, Evans Prairie stopped serving breakfast several years ago. So that’s no longer an option.
Old 12-08-2022, 03:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,426 Times in 3,080 Posts

It depends on what you mean by "best." Some folks consider a McDonald sausage egg and cheese mcmuffin to be the best fast-food breakfast sandwich. And some of us wouldn't eat one of those no matter who made it.

Some folks consider "good" to be smoked salmon, caviar, and goat cheese on toast tips. Others prefer a good old fashioned 2 eggs over easy, homefries, bacon, and white toast with butter and jelly. Some prefer theirs with grits on the side.

For "good" in my opinion - there's nothing. A decent breakfast would be the Williamsburg on a toasted garlic bagel from Brooklyn Bagels on 441. That's lox, cream cheese, raw onion, add capers for an extra fee.

Second best, for me, would be 1 egg scrambled well done, grill-top homefries also well done, 2-4 slices of hickory-smoked bacon grilled, not fried or microwaved, rye toast with real actual butter - not margarine. Darrell's is pretty good - though they always screw up the toast. Either burnt edges, or with a big nasty slab of margarine just sitting there congealed on the second slice, or both.
Old 12-18-2022, 03:47 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Darrel's whips their eggs in a blender for their omelettes. So delicious and different!

Really? They blend the eggs?! No wonder they're so fluffy.
Old 12-18-2022, 06:16 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Well, you have a variety of choices by now! I like Darrell’s Diner and First Watch, but for my money the best is Glenview CC for the weekend buffet. Prime Rib, eggs Benedict, fresh fruit, biscuits and gravy and everything else you can think of including bottomless mimosas for $19.99.
Old 12-19-2022, 08:29 AM
Default Pancakes

Just a hole in the wall but check out Todd and Shelly’s in, we’ll don’t know what town it’s in just go north on 301 and turn left on SE Abshier for about 1/2 mile on the right. I know it doesn’t look like much but you will love it.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	21CFD7D6-E1F9-4773-9CA1-EF2349AB8C4F.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	96170  
Closed Thread

Tags
breakfast, good, moving, decide, august

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.