Best Crabcakes Anywhere?

Closed Thread
Old 05-26-2008, 06:37 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: Best Crabcakes Anywhere?

Best crab cakes was at Alabama Jacks on Card Sound Rd. going out to the Keys went there often when I lived there
Old 09-23-2008, 06:03 PM
Veteran member
Default Best crab cakes in TV

A while back several TOTV members were going to do a search of all the restaurants in the area that served crab cakes and share their review with all of us. Would love to hear more comments about who has the best.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:17 PM
Gold member

Marianne,
The hands down vote by the majority in our hunt for the best Crab Cakes was Ruby Tuesday. Shocking that a Chain could out do everyone else but they did and they do.

Arnold Palmer had a good sauce. Nancy Lopez was right up there, Tierra Del Sol was horrible in every catagory. I think we voted that the frozen cakes we got at the grocery were better than Tierra.

Actually the frozen cakes from Sam's Club are pretty good...as good as most of the restaurants we went to. Tom and I had Crab Cakes about 8 times while we were in TV in April. A different place everytime.

Lighthouse, Arnold Palmer and Nacy Lopez share 2nd place each winning in various catagories. Ruby Tuesday is the only one that had it all.
Old 09-27-2008, 08:04 AM
Veteran member
Default crab cakes at Ruby Tuesday

The last place I would have tried was Ruby Tuesday. They seem to have an attitude about many things, and IMHO I find their service/wait people lacking.

Our last time there was with neighborhood ladies for lunch. I objected to a price of $11.00 for a lunch salad from the buffet, and management said "sorry" but that was their lunch time policy.

I know of folks who have gone there and several members of a group are served while others wait, and wait, and wait for their meals, or the food doesn't show up and then they still receive an inflated bill.

This restaurant as you can tell, is not high on my personal list of favorites.
Old 11-15-2008, 03:36 PM
Location: Monroe, MI, USAF, Ogden UT, Tipp City OH, Troy OH, The Villages since 2002

The best, by far, crab cakes I have had were in a little place in Ozello FL. The name of the place is "the Yankee Skipper". No filling and everything done by hand. Ozello is half way between Crystal River and Homossassa Springs, so if you are enjoying the Gulf coast this could be an idea for a good restuarant. Open Thurs-Sat only and not in the summer. It is approximately 48.6 miles from 301/466 intersection.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:39 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Send a message via Yahoo to renielarson

with Susan. When we tried Ruby Tuesday's the service was excellent. Our waiter was most attentive and enjoyed waiting on our group. The crab cakes were the best I've ever had.

Marianne, I suggest you try Ruby Tuesday's again (give them another chance) and order their crabcakes. Hopefully you'll get better service. But, if not, at least you'll have the best crabcakes appetizer in The Villages!

We all can have "OFF" nights (and days).
Old 11-16-2008, 12:17 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Brother lives in Odenton MD. and he introduced me to Crab cakes several years ago.............Now when I want a fix I go to CANE GARDEN ,,,,They are very good.....
I was impressed with the staff there.....When I asked if they served CRABS, they replied " WE SERVE ANYONE , SIT DOWN ".....

stuffed fumar

ps . brought my own chicken neck..........
Old 01-14-2009, 10:25 AM
Default Rockfish

That guy from Tiera Del Sol could not work as a chef in the worst seafood restaurant any where in MD. Our crab cakes were the size of a golf ball and raw in the middle
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.