Best Hot Dogs in TV.

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Old 06-30-2020, 12:06 PM

Coming from NY the best hot dog stands had red onion sauce which was delicious. We have found that the guy at Home Depot has it. We also found the red onion sauce at Publix made by Sabrett. Yummy 😋
Old 06-30-2020, 12:44 PM

Sam's Club on 441 has dynamite hot dogs; they claim they are Nathans, who knows but they taste awesome and you get a big fat hot dog and a drink for $1.70--at least that's what it cost before the pandemic. I haven't been in Sam's lately so I don't know if the hot dog concession is open. Try it, you'll like it!!!
Old 06-30-2020, 01:43 PM

Sonic makes a decent hot dog. We love a good hot dog and have found a great place to get them. We go all the way to Leesburg to buy them by the pound at the Polish Deli. They make their hot dogs daily, adding just the right amount of spices to the meat. Their garlic brats and kielbasa are outstanding, too. Excellent meat selection. We steam the weenies lightly, toast a brioche hot dog roll (Publix) in butter and top them with minced Vidalia onions and country Dijon mustard! The skins burst when you bite into them. You can’t find a treat as good at any restaurant in the area. Worth the trip for sure.
Old 06-30-2020, 03:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Best Hot Dogs in TV.

Not sure, but a lot seem to be draged round TV on leashes during the heat of the day.
Here is one with a lot of hair!
Attached Thumbnails
20160507_141533-jpg  
Old 06-30-2020, 06:09 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,620 Times in 532 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
Here is one with a lot of hair!
Give that dog a good trim and there will not be much dog left.

Poor thing must swelter in the heat.
Old 06-30-2020, 10:01 PM

We found Kayems at Angus Wholesale Meats in Dunnellon.
Old 07-01-2020, 05:27 AM

We really desperately need to get a Portillo’s Hot Dogs in TV. Chicago dogs done right.
Old 07-01-2020, 07:41 AM
Veteran member

I know this is not in tv but for all of the people from Michigan that misses the coney islands there is a place in palm harbor, Florida. that makes Michigan coney dogs, they also have sanders hot fudge, big boys slim Jim’s and big boys hamburgers. It is all Detroit from Faygo pop, bettermaid chips to the decor. The owners are from Michigan. I know it’s a drive but well worth it. The name of the place is Detroit Coney Island.
Old 07-01-2020, 06:45 PM

I heard there was a guy at the Ace Hardware in Wildwood. Any news on whether he is there or not?
Old 07-01-2020, 09:04 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonysMom View Post
I heard there was a guy at the Ace Hardware in Wildwood. Any news on whether he is there or not?
The one we saw sells knishes.
Old Yesterday, 10:49 AM
Smile Checkers!

Checkers in Leesburg, not in the villages but I think their Hot Dogs are great. Buns are really fresh and the chili sauce is very good. Did I mention they are also cheap and you can drive through and get their hamburgers with chili sauce.

I know this will probably raise some eyebrows > I learned this when I mentioned on another forum that Arbys fresh market Ruben sandwiches were great. This didn't conform to preconceived notions. The biggest problem I have there is feeling guilty about charging the low amount for my Hot Dog on my Credit card instead of paying cash (because I don't have or want the change ).
Old Yesterday, 01:18 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadspet View Post
Checkers in Leesburg, not in the villages but I think their Hot Dogs are great. Buns are really fresh and the chili sauce is very good. Did I mention they are also cheap and you can drive through and get their hamburgers with chili sauce.

I know this will probably raise some eyebrows > I learned this when I mentioned on another forum that Arbys fresh market Ruben sandwiches were great. This didn't conform to preconceived notions. The biggest problem I have there is feeling guilty about charging the low amount for my Hot Dog on my Credit card instead of paying cash (because I don't have or want the change ).
While we are on the subject of Arby's their Gyros are surprisingly good. BTW we are not using cash these days safer to use our cc.
Old Yesterday, 10:41 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpuleo View Post
Sam's Club on 441 has dynamite hot dogs; they claim they are Nathans, who knows but they taste awesome and you get a big fat hot dog and a drink for $1.70--at least that's what it cost before the pandemic. I haven't been in Sam's lately so I don't know if the hot dog concession is open. Try it, you'll like it!!!
The eatery/ food court at Sam’s Club has been closed since March. Just thought I’d mention it
Old Today, 03:53 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
Great Chicago Fire has one of the best pizza's I've ever eaten, however they have small oven and can only make a 12" pizza. It's kind of like golf being in between clubs. It's too small for two people, and to buy two is too much. I never had their hot dogs. The only negative is the place is small, we were there about two years ago and they were just fixing the place up. It's looks really nice now.

The Villages Florida
Looks like a mini Portillo's.

Tags
hot, dog, home, truck, leaves

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.