Best low-carb take-out pizza

Closed Thread
Old 06-19-2018, 08:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,051 Times in 2,740 Posts

I avoid carbs whenever possible so I never get pizza. Sometimes when I go to an event that only serves pizza I just peel everything off the dough, eat it, and chuck the dough. Not my favorite meal, but it's tasty and low carb. The looks I get after chucking three or four pieces of dough in the trash are not usually too welcoming, but at least I don't get fat.
Old 06-19-2018, 09:19 PM

Real Good Food pizzas also sold at Publix.
Old 06-20-2018, 12:24 AM
Veteran member

Depending on what low carb means to you:

Walmart has their Marketside brand of prepared pepperoni and mozzarella flatbread; 25gms per 5 oz. serving.

As BK001 mentioned, Real Good Foods has premade pizzas that are 8gms per 4 oz slice. Three cheese, pepperoni, and supreme. Available at Walmart.

If you're adding toppings to a flour-based holder, Joseph's It's A Wrap Lavash Bread (similar to flatbread) has 8gms per 9 oz piece. Available at Walmart.

(Other stores may carry these as well but I didn't check.)

Last edited by queasy27; 06-20-2018 at 11:11 AM.
Old 06-20-2018, 06:59 AM
Veteran member

I’ll have to try the Real Good pizzas. We buy the low carb flatbreads (Lavash and others) which are pretty good and quick but no substitute for real pizza crust. But they do satisfy that urge for pizza.
Old 06-20-2018, 07:39 AM

The Green Apple on Rolling Acres sells frozen low carb pizza. Not the real thing, but not bad. Takes care of the pizza craving.
Average minds discuss events.
Small minds discuss people.

Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 06-20-2018, 07:43 AM
Sage

When asked what I miss most after finding out my gluten intolerance----my answer would be...a really good bread AND pizza! BUT for me those things have to be a thing of the past. Low-carb pizzas are "maybe" a good substitute but nothing tastes as good as the real thing. I haven't found Real Good Pizza's yet...may need to go on a "hunting-trip" soon!!!
Old 06-20-2018, 09:17 AM
Veteran member

Ok, next question. Where do I get low-carb Chinese food? Or rephrased, is there anything at a Chinese restaurant I can eat?
Old 06-20-2018, 09:50 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Publix carries a frozen brand called Palermo. Thin crust and 1/3 of it has less calories than 1/6 of the other brands. Not sure of the carb load but since the crust is very thin it has to be less than other brands. Very tasty if you're craving pizza.
Old 06-20-2018, 11:07 AM
Default Low carb pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucernelson View Post
My go-to treat now is pumpkin chocolate chip muffins with almond flour, ground flaxseed, chopped walnuts, cinnamon, allspice, ground nutmeg, baking powder, eggs, sour cream and olive oil. For my serving, I usually top off with natural peanut butter.
HUH? On slice of Pizza is about 600 calories. Typically people eat two slices so that is 1200 calories plus anything elses you eat-free garlic knots etc.

Your above PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS. Also, CALORIC TORPEDOES. Most sugar free recipes boost the FAT. Sour cream, olive oil, walnuts, peanut butter? If, you are serious, you want to check the calories in your, "diet"
snack.
Old 06-20-2018, 11:49 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruth View Post
HUH? On slice of Pizza is about 600 calories. Typically people eat two slices so that is 1200 calories plus anything elses you eat-free garlic knots etc.

Your above PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS. Also, CALORIC TORPEDOES. Most sugar free recipes boost the FAT. Sour cream, olive oil, walnuts, peanut butter? If, you are serious, you want to check the calories in your, "diet"
snack.
Not a diet to lose weight but that has been one of the benefits. Changing my food choices so I don’t end up with diabetes. I’ve lost 35 pounds which is 5-10 pounds too much. Actually trying to gain now. A1C dec 6.1, feb 5.8 and May 5.6 so I have been making the correct food choices. Never had as much energy as I have now.
Old 06-20-2018, 12:27 PM

I ordered low carb pizza crusts online from Califlour Foods. Not bad. They help me get over my pizza urges. They are only sold in packages of six and up so I have several in the freezer. If you’d like to try I’ll trade you one for a pumpkin muffin lol.
Old 06-20-2018, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruth View Post

snack.
A true low-carb diet does not count calories.

I've followed a low-carb diet for 2 1/2 years. I lost 60 lbs, my LDL is 49. I do not count calories.

Re: Chinese food ~ I just skip the rice. I order veggie rich dishes, usually with chicken.
Old 06-20-2018, 01:08 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedivergirl View Post
A true low-carb diet does not count calories.

I've followed a low-carb diet for 2 1/2 years. I lost 60 lbs, my LDL is 49. I do not count calories.

Re: Chinese food ~ I just skip the rice. I order veggie rich dishes, usually with chicken.
Yeah you’re not limiting yourself re quantity of food, you’re limiting your self as to type of food. And by cutting out much of your carb intake, you’re not as hungry as you used to be. The carbs promote hunger.
Old 06-21-2018, 10:03 AM
Gold member

Don't know but you will need to find someone who uses almond flour in the crust.

I have been on a low-carb diet for 20 years.
If you stay under 30 grams of carbs per day, you will be fine (provided you get at least some aerobic activity!)
Go ahead and eat a slobbering slice of real pizza no more than once per week....
The best thing to do is power thru the craving but...yeah...I know. I still miss bread.
Whenever I can't sleep, I eat a big slice of Edwards Turtle or Pecan pie and I go out for the next 12 hours
Closed Thread

Tags
sugar, blood, thread, short, pizza

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.