Best Lunch Ever

Closed Thread
Old 12-08-2017, 09:26 AM

Funniest post I have read in a while. Kudos
Old 12-08-2017, 09:48 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villagevip View Post
Here's a grommet tip for all, fine food solo dinners...Taco Bell, order two XXL burritos take out,,one for today and one for tomorrow..Easy to add, embellish burritos with chopped onions, tomatoes, cheese, sour cream, etc... The next day burrito nuke it, then unwrap hot tortilla add ingredients from the frig...Delish, as the kids like to say...

P.S. Add a large drink with order, get that senior discount,..seems the drink is free..
Good tip, also doubles as birth control.
Old 12-08-2017, 05:12 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,314 Times in 383 Posts

Oh please...dump those vienna sausage and use good food...SPAM
Old 12-09-2017, 04:15 AM
Veteran member

I can't imagine that there could be a better 5-star restaurant anywhere! (burp)

Trying to hold my excitement back, I'll impatiently wait for your next exciting review.
Old 12-09-2017, 06:24 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix View Post
I recently stopped at Circle K for lunch.
I think I saw Rapscallion in his car that day.

Mind you, the windows were all steamed up, he was having so much fun with his lunch.
Old 12-09-2017, 06:46 AM
Sage

Nah. Best lunch ever is a can of Mary Kitchen roast beef hash, cold with ketchup
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 12-09-2017, 06:35 PM
Platinum member

My apologies for neglecting my dessert choice. Little Debbie...nuff said.
Old 12-09-2017, 06:53 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plowboy View Post
Those Vienna will cost $25.00 in France. They remove it from the can, smash it into a small bowel and call it pate. Yummy.
OMG! Smash it into a small BOWEL?
Old 12-09-2017, 06:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,419 Times in 2,268 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henryk View Post
OMG! Smash it into a small BOWEL?
ROFL.. Doesn't everything end up smashed there?

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 12-11-2017, 08:44 AM
Veteran member

Rap -- great review. Looking forward to any reviews you might have for movies.
Old 12-11-2017, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix View Post
A poster recently pointed out a lack of dining reviews on this forum and upon self-reflection I must admit that I have not contributed enough to this valuable service, so here goes.

I recently stopped at Circle K for lunch. I chose a can of Armour Vienna Sausage. Who could resist when the label states that it is America’s Best? As a side, I purchased a four pack of saltine crackers and my beverage pairing was a Diet Pepsi. I chose the comfort of my vehicle to enjoy my meal accompanied by some John Lee Hooker from my satellite radio.
While opening the can of sausage is a snap...no need to carry a Swiss Army Knife anymore, I cannot say the same for the crackers. I had to use my teeth to break the bond on the wrapper. Once that barrier was broken the meal was splendid. The sausages are consistent and kudos to the genius chefs at Armour. Imagine getting beef, chicken, and pork in one flavor packed little weenie swimming in salt laden chicken broth. Who knew that lips, ears, lungs, and tails would taste so good? My diet Pepsi did not disappoint and its metallic flavor put a smile on my face as I recalled the time I impulsively licked a piece of galvanized conduit. This was a five star dining experience and will definitely join my lunch rota, possibly surplanting cold Beefaroni straight from the can which does require the Swiss Army Knife.

I enjoyed your in-depth review with my morning coffee and fruitcake ('tis the season), but I must disagree. The best lunch ever is an all-beef hot dog of doubtful origin from the chefs that set up in front of Home Depot on the weekends. Nothing compares to a fresh, out-of-the-pan hot dog topped with mushrooms, sauerkraut, onions, ketchup, mustard, and anything else they have, with a cold aluminum can of "The Real Thing" Coke, and a bag of crispy, salty Fritos corn chips on the side. Best eaten "al fresco" at the picnic table provided, where you can share with any avian opportunist that shows up while people watching.
Old 12-11-2017, 09:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedquick View Post
Now that would be fun!
Old 12-11-2017, 10:06 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aninjamom View Post
I enjoyed your in-depth review with my morning coffee and fruitcake ('tis the season), but I must disagree. The best lunch ever is an all-beef hot dog of doubtful origin from the chefs that set up in front of Home Depot on the weekends. Nothing compares to a fresh, out-of-the-pan hot dog topped with mushrooms, sauerkraut, onions, ketchup, mustard, and anything else they have, with a cold aluminum can of "The Real Thing" Coke, and a bag of crispy, salty Fritos corn chips on the side. Best eaten "al fresco" at the picnic table provided, where you can share with any avian opportunist that shows up while people watching.
Sounds great, especially because I was a Lucky Dog vendor on the streets of New Orleans as a youth. I would still be doing that job if dicing onions didn't make me weep uncontrollably.

When my granddaughter was going to chef school she told me about the three "Mother" sauces, Béchamel, Velouté, and Espagnole, which I assume are French for ketchup, mustard, and mayonaise. I don't get much better than that stuff slathered over a nice meat and juice balloon....when you can't find a nice Po Boy.
Old 12-11-2017, 10:23 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedquick View Post
Ted, the last movie I attended was years ago when I took my grandkids to see Garfield. I still can't help but think of Odie's abduction every time I hear of a missing pet. I think that on some level, I relate to Garfield in that I am fat, lazy, and love lasagna.

My two takeaways from this movie....
1. Kids will love it and adults will liken it to a long airplane ride sandwiched between two fat fellow passengers with motormouths.

2. It revived and fueled my lifelong conundrum regarding Pluto just being a dog and Goofy being an anthropomorphic dog

Tags
lunch, armour, chose, pepsi, diet

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.