Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   The Best Pizza (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/best-pizza-124509/)

2newyorkers 08-25-2014 06:49 PM

Pavarotti's in Ocala.

gustavo 08-25-2014 08:29 PM

IIRC, isn't NY the best at everything?

travelguy 08-25-2014 08:35 PM

the title of this thread is best pizza. there is no such thing in florida. i have given up trying to find it. now we buy the pizza dough at publix and we make our own. and it is delicious.

cattywampus 08-25-2014 09:10 PM

The thin crust Pizza from the Mallory CC is Best IN The Villages

The Margherita is 1st Choice

Anything else they make is also Very good.

jrandall 08-25-2014 09:59 PM

Mezzaluna

getdul981 08-25-2014 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by travelguy (Post 928642)
the title of this thread is best pizza. there is no such thing in florida. i have given up trying to find it. now we buy the pizza dough at publix and we make our own. and it is delicious.

I want to try their dough and make pizza at home. Is their dough good? Are there any special hints you can give? Do you cook it on a stone? Do you sprinkle corn meal on the pan/stone under the crust? What do you use for the sauce?

RedChariot 08-25-2014 10:23 PM

Quote:

Give us some hints here. I've also given up trying to find good pizza here. And whoever said Mezzaluna, you must be kidding! You are, right?

2BNTV 08-26-2014 04:25 AM

Domino's and Little Ceasars. :1rotfl:

NYPD Pizza gets my vote on 466.

If Anthony's Coal Fire Pizza ever moves a chain to TV, then I would vote for them. The one in Ft. Lauderdale is great.

I have lost the illusion, there is fine dinning in TV. Decent food, but not great.

PaPaLarry 08-26-2014 04:30 AM

Belleview Pizza! Really, really good but closed on Mondays, and they only take cash!!

mac9 08-26-2014 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2BNTV (Post 928707)
Domino's and Little Ceasars. :1rotfl:

NYPD Pizza gets my vote on 466.

If Anthony's Coal Fire Pizza ever moves a chain to TV, then I would vote for them. The one in Ft. Lauderdale is great.

I have lost the illusion, there is fine dinning in TV. Decent food, but not great.

There is an Anthony's Coal Fire in Altamonte Springs...a little closer than Ft. Lauderdale!

Papa Cuma 08-26-2014 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gustavo (Post 928639)
IIRC, isn't NY the best at everything?

We are the best because of our superior gene pool.

perrjojo 08-26-2014 06:29 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by getdul981 (Post 928674)
I want to try their dough and make pizza at home. Is their dough good? Are there any special hints you can give? Do you cook it on a stone? Do you sprinkle corn meal on the pan/stone under the crust? What do you use for the sauce?

Travelguy, I agree. My husband buys Publix crusts and cooks it on the grill. There is an endless possibility for toppings.
Getdul, we actually sprinkle grits on our dough ( we are from the South). :-) and cook the pizza on the grill (lid down). No stone, just lay the dough on the grill.

Dr Winston O Boogie jr 08-26-2014 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shimpy (Post 928579)
WOW, I'm surprised it took 15 post before a New Yorker to pipe in and tell you how much better pizza in NY is.

I'm from an Italian area of Boston and we also have great pizza. I wish a Papa Ginos would move down here.

dewilson58 08-26-2014 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shimpy (Post 928579)
WOW, I'm surprised it took 15 post before a New Yorker to pipe in and tell you how much better pizza in NY is.

:1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl:

Ourtime 08-26-2014 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aloha (Post 928567)
The pizza at Flippers in Spanish Springs is my favorite in the area. I enjoy the thin crust with double ground beef. The real cheese and the exquisite sauce blends nicely with the freshly made thin crust which is cooked to perfection in their brick ovens. The ground beef is not a few small meatballs, but small seasoned crumbles spread out over the entire pizza under the bubbly hot layer of cheese. The uniformity of the ground beef on top of the rich delicious sauce is a nice treat for the tastebuds. Flippers has a high quality product and they stay busy with many repeat customers. The lack of adequate nearby parking during peak hours of business and the throng of customers waiting for a seat are a couple of inconveniences, but are worth dealing with to enjoy a high quality product.

I agree with ALOHA! Me and my wife find Flippers in Spanish Springs the best pizza around. We get the meatball pizza. We are originally from Long Island, NY and know what the BEST pizza in the country tastes like and while Flippers is not the same their Quality is the best around IMHO!