Best Restaurant in Villages?

Closed Thread
Old 10-01-2020, 06:59 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,139 Times in 882 Posts

I'm a sucker for a sundown view, so to me my fave place to eat is the Lighthouse at LSL. I haven't been disappointed with the food or prices.
Old 10-01-2020, 07:01 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,245 Times in 450 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyralud View Post
I have some dear friends that have been so helpful to me as an absentee homeowner in the Villages. I would like to get a gift card to a good restaurant in the area, but don’t know anything about any of them. They like most kinds of cuisine.
Any recommendations?
Thanks in advance!
Legacy (Lopez) love it. Last time went to Chop House was not happy and we all decided it would be a long time before we went back same with Blue Fin...had to send back the food twice and finally just gave up. They both pretty restaurant but not so much on the food.
Ivy House is a great place, if Steak is what you want Marks Prime, Italian can’t go wrong with Meas de Notte they are awesome and If sitting outside is what you looking for the best is Havana has a wonderful outside dining and great food
Old 10-01-2020, 07:18 AM
Default The Rose Plantation

Quote:
I have some dear friends that have been so helpful to me as an absentee homeowner in the Villages. I would like to get a gift card to a good restaurant in the area, but don’t know anything about any of them. They like most kinds of cuisine.
Any recommendations?
Thanks in advance!
On special occasions we go to The Rose Plantation. Really really nice intimate restaurant. Located on 466a in Fruitland just outside of The Villages. I guarantee you they will enjoy the charming restaurant.
Old 10-01-2020, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Any recommendations?
Thanks in advance!
Plantation or chop house Both are great
Old 10-01-2020, 07:29 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Like

We like Piesano's Italian Restaurant. It came as close to Italian food which we had in Italy and and we have been there (Italy) many times. if you ordered Pizza it was also very good. We had 2 chicken dinners from Carrabbas yesterday and they were not good, although their bread is very good. Chops is good, price is high but as the statement goes, "if you have to ask the price you can't afford it!" For regular, just basic good food for take out we like Bob Evans, or Giovanni's, or a family like salad from Olive Garden. I am sure there are many other good restaurants and these are just a couple we have used. Other than Chops would like to find a good steak restaurant?
Old 10-01-2020, 07:46 AM

Wolfgang Pucks at the Brownwood Hotel. It is excellent and the prices are reasonable. I think the atmosphere is nice. A different choice
Old 10-01-2020, 07:51 AM

Southern Oaks on Rt 44. A new restaurant and the reviews have all been excellent.
Old 10-01-2020, 08:02 AM

Rose Plantation in Fruitland Park
Old 10-01-2020, 08:16 AM

I once would have recommended Rose Plantation. Recent experience and reviews have me taking a break for a while.
Old 10-01-2020, 08:17 AM

OP, you're getting some excellent suggestions. The Rose Plantation, Legacy, Blue Fin, Sakura are among our favorites. The Chop House not so much. The food was adequate, but the service made us feel like we had stumbled into a high end truck stop.
Old 10-01-2020, 08:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default ChopHouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpygreens View Post
OP, you're getting some excellent suggestions. The Rose Plantation, Legacy, Blue Fin, Sakura are among our favorites. The Chop House not so much. The food was adequate, but the service made us feel like we had stumbled into a high end truck stop.
Our experience at ChopHouse is completely opposite. Have always had outstand service. Have dined there more then 20 times and it has always been great.
Old 10-01-2020, 08:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default Different experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eg_cruz@comcast.net View Post
Legacy (Lopez) love it. Last time went to Chop House was not happy and we all decided it would be a long time before we went back same with Blue Fin...had to send back the food twice and finally just gave up. They both pretty restaurant but not so much on the food.
Ivy House is a great place, if Steak is what you want Marks Prime, Italian can’t go wrong with Meas de Notte they are awesome and If sitting outside is what you looking for the best is Havana has a wonderful outside dining and great food
We love Chop and BlueFin. Use to go to Lopez and Havana frequently. Last couple of times the food was not good and the manager at Havana was rude. We are not returning to Havana or Lopez.
Old 10-01-2020, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisbad1 View Post
All over priced, I go to eat not screwed.
Then the right place is Golden Corral. Tons of sewage on the cheap.
Old 10-01-2020, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
Our experience at ChopHouse is completely opposite. Have always had outstand service. Have dined there more then 20 times and it has always been great.
Maybe we will try it again sometime. We weren't even halfway through our salads when they tried to take them away, and the entrees showed up a moment later. All throughout our meal various employees kept coming by trying to remove dishes...a couple times without even asking if were were finished with them. I was expecting something closer to Ruth's Chris. What I got didn't live up to the standards of Denny's.
Old 10-01-2020, 09:07 AM
Default Good food

we have been to Eatons Beach many times and have not been disappointed
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, restaurant, don’t, good, kinds

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.