Best salads

Closed Thread
Old 04-06-2019, 10:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,370 Times in 3,050 Posts

I make the best salad. You can too:
A bowl of field greens and cherry or grape tomatoes cut in half for the main "salad ingredients."

Add crumbled gorgonzola cheese
Add candied pecans

Dressing (1 tablespoon glaze = 1 unit = 3 servings, so you can double, triple, whatever, using that as your guide):
1 unit un-flavored (just plain) balsamic glaze
6 units olive oil
1 clove minced fresh garlic for each unit of balsamic glaze
1 dash cracked black pepper
1 dash salt
1 dash red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon water (important)
whip with a fork til it gets thick. Emulsification is what keeps the oil and the balsamic glaze from separating, that's why you add a little water.
THEN
Add more water, just a teaspoon at a time, to thin it out so it's thinner than ranch but thicker than vinaigrette.

Dump that over the bowl and toss it. Figure a 1/4 cup of dressing for every 4 salad-bowls of salad. You really don't need a lot at all. You can also put all the above in a plastic bag and shake it, and THEN dump the whole thing into a big serving bowl, if you don't want to toss it in the bowl. My bowl is a HUGE 20-person banquet bowl with a lid, so I just cover and shake.
Old 04-07-2019, 04:47 PM
Gold member

For the freshest and most varied salad bar, I nominate Ruby Tuesday at Spanish Springs. (I’ve never been to any other.). I can make an entire meal of it.

Tags
salads, travel, salad, great, landing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.