Best Tacos

Closed Thread
Old 02-13-2019, 07:30 PM

I believe you are talking about Las Brisas del Mar and you are right! Excellent Tex-Mex food. I'm from Austin, TX.
Old 02-13-2019, 11:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker14 View Post
can you provide information on where this is (for a newbie "clogger")?

Gracias!
Prima Market Taqueria
5717 SE Abshire Blvd, Belleview, FL 34420

Just off 441.
De nada

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 02-14-2019, 09:03 AM
Gold member

I had some Brisket Tacos at Appleby's last night, very good.
Old 02-19-2019, 11:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,437 Times in 3,081 Posts

I think some of the different responses are due to different tastes in tacos. There aren't just one or two types. A typical "taqueria" taco is a pair of small (smaller than an Ortega) soft-shells laid down on top of each other, with some kind of protein (carne asada is typical, which is cubed marinated skirt steak), minced onions, and cilantro. And that's it. No rice, beans, cheese, jalapenos, or anything else. Salsa - a somewhat thin roja or verde sauce, can be drizzled on top by the consumer but otherwise it's left as is.

A central Mexican taco, or Tex-Mex taco, is a hard shell typically served with ground beef (though chicken fish and steak but NOT carne asada are common) with lettuce, cheese, onion, tomato, olives, jalapenos, and pico de gallo - or any combination thereof, and typically served with rice and beans on the same dish.

A WESTERN Mexican taco is typically shredded beef and potatoes (similar to a seasoned beef stew) in a soft shell with lettuce, cheese, diced tomato, and a pico de gallo or red salsa on top, with rice and beans on the side.

Aye Jalisco serves the western style, which is not common to the east coast of the USA. It's delicious though, and we can get that up here in one of the Mexican joints in my state. I think the potatoes throws a lot of people off when they try it. But if you know to expect it, you know that they make it very well. I like their refries too, it's thin and flavorful, more like a ladle of thick lightly seasoned pasty bean puree. Another thing many people might be turned off by, but others (like myself) have had at other places that specialize in this type of fare.
Closed Thread

Tags
taco, tacos, sauce, found, bell

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.