Beware of The Chop House

Closed Thread
Old 03-07-2022, 06:55 AM

If you are on Facebook it’s best to check in to the establishment on Facebook then comment. The manager will see it and most likely respond.
Old 03-07-2022, 07:10 AM

Some people like to eat at overpriced restaurants, it makes them feel special.
Old 03-07-2022, 07:45 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eray0141 View Post
Beware of the Chop House. On Friday March 5th we had a birthday celebration at the Chop House. Our table was ready at the reserved time and we were greeted by our server. I ordered the catch of the day which was sword fish along with potato and broccoli. When our meals were delivered, mine was not. The server said that it was not prepared as I ordered and it would be out soon. It finally arrived (partially) when everyone else had eaten almost half or more of theirs. The broccolli was not on the plate and it would be out momentarily. It actually never came. The final insult was when the bill was presented. The charge for the sword fish was $38.00 for a relatively small portion. We know that prices are rising but to get poor service at a premium price is very disappointing.
First post. I look forward to more complaints.
Old 03-07-2022, 07:50 AM
Platinum member
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
First post. I look forward to more complaints.
I can see a lot more of this coming from them...
Old 03-07-2022, 08:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Quote:
Beware of the Chop House. On Friday March 5th we had a birthday celebration at the Chop House. Our table was ready at the reserved time and we were greeted by our server. I ordered the catch of the day which was sword fish along with potato and broccoli. When our meals were delivered, mine was not. The server said that it was not prepared as I ordered and it would be out soon. It finally arrived (partially) when everyone else had eaten almost half or more of theirs. The broccolli was not on the plate and it would be out momentarily. It actually never came. The final insult was when the bill was presented. The charge for the sword fish was $38.00 for a relatively small portion. We know that prices are rising but to get poor service at a premium price is very disappointing.
We eat at ChopHouse 3 to 4 times a month. I have never had a bad meal there. Lat week they had a nice size New England lobster tail with 2 sides for $38. Their prime meat is excellent.
I find it odd somebody would order a meal without asking the price.
Old 03-07-2022, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 GI View Post
So, we are supposed to stay away from Chop House because you had a bad experience? Stuff happens from time to time and it can be annoying, however have you never made a mistake in your life?
Nice kangaroo logic! Way to jump to a wrong conclusion.
Old 03-07-2022, 08:36 AM

I agree! Everyone has an occasional bad day. I have always had great food and service at not only Chop house, but most every restaurant in TV.
Also there is a very big shortage of help for business everywhere. My friends and I attempted to have dinner last night at Gators in Brownwood. The place was less than half full. When I asked for a table, they said it would be 30-35 min. Because of shortage of kitchen help. She apologized and said it was tough for her too because she is a server and she relies on tips.
Soooo…. BE PATIENT! I’m sure the restaurant want you to have a great experience every time but as we all know…💩 Happens!!!
Old 03-07-2022, 08:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,902 Times in 914 Posts

very very first world problem. . .

labor shortage with HUGE competition 45 mins to 1 hr south, with better tips. . as compared to the fixed income retirement crowd. The younger, more money hungry labor has moved on to better wages as the employment market opened back up. Its what they do. .

population growth of retirees growing faster than quality labor supply for local vendors. . when will people learn than the hardest to manage in a free market is fast growth, and here is no different.

Throw in some huge gas prices and disposable income drops quickly, some will be cash flow negative for the current job with driving involved and low wages. . what do you recommend for them to continue to serve you?

40 years of relative peace and prosperity has been upended, and life style is changing, time to adapt or at least tolerate the occasional hiccup.
Old 03-07-2022, 09:08 AM
Default Your experience is the EXACT opposite of mine.

I have eaten at the Chop House on many occasions and frankly it is my GO-TO restaurant when I want the best meal in The Villages. I have never had a bad dinner and my service has always been excellent.

I also recommend Turners in Old Leesburg.
Old 03-07-2022, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 GI View Post
So, we are supposed to stay away from Chop House because you had a bad experience? Stuff happens from time to time and it can be annoying, however have you never made a mistake in your life?
Amen. Everyone thinks they are perfect!
Old 03-07-2022, 09:30 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
A petty complaint. Move on and forget about it. Using social media to get back at them is just plain wrong.
Old 03-07-2022, 09:48 AM
Veteran member

No more Chop House for us…. The last two times was very disappointing so we won’t be going back.

To me, The Chop House is WAY overrated….. same category as the WAY overrated Rose Plantation !!
Old 03-07-2022, 09:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,046 Times in 5,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendi View Post
A petty complaint. Move on and forget about it. Using social media to get back at them is just plain wrong.
Very true the time to fix it is when you are still at the restaurant.

All the OP is trying to do is hurt the restaurant and its employees.
Old 03-07-2022, 10:14 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendi View Post
Doesn't sound like a petty complaint to me. I like knowing about other people's experience. And social media is an easy way to share that experience. Isn't that the purpose of TOTV? The OP was not getting back at them.

Our visits at the Chop House have been mixed. Some good, some not so good.

Skip
Old 03-07-2022, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem4616 View Post
IMHO, the Chop House is one of the better eateries ...

that said, as an earlier post said, you don't order fish at a steak house,
and you don't order steak at a fish house
YES!!! That is my point also. One does not go to McDonalds and order a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
Closed Thread

Tags
chop, house, server, ordered, sword

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.