Big City Chicago Style Pizza

Closed Thread
Old 12-26-2007, 07:55 PM
Taltarzac
Default Big City Chicago Style Pizza

Anyone else had Big City Chicago Style Pizza? I found it fairly good pizza but have trouble seeing it getting the Best Pizza in Chicago Award, 2007 as the take-out menu claims. :dontknow:

We got two pies a few nights ago-- a Cheese and a Pepperoni with extra Sausage.
Old 12-26-2007, 11:24 PM
Sage
Default Re: Big City Chicago Style Pizza

Tal...we went there Sunday after golf...Mr 07 and I split a Chicken and Mushroom pizza (chicken topping not on their menu but they gladly substituted for us). I thought the pizza was very good....not too greasy or spicy; more bread-y than tomato-y taste. Pizza is definitely an individual taste, but, I certainly will have this again. Large pizza, with 2 toppings, was about $13. If was plenty for 2 of us, with several pieces left over.
Old 12-26-2007, 11:29 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I am looking forward to trying Big City's version of Chicago style pizza as I have been to Chicago many times and :dontknow: enjoy their pizza when I'm there.
Old 12-27-2007, 04:46 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by villages07
Tal...we went there Sunday after golf...Mr 07 and I split a Chicken and Mushroom pizza (chicken topping not on their menu but they gladly substituted for us). I thought the pizza was very good....not too greasy or spicy; more bread-y than tomato-y taste. Pizza is definitely an individual taste, but, I certainly will have this again. Large pizza, with 2 toppings, was about $13. If was plenty for 2 of us, with several pieces left over.
The pizza is good at Big City just have trouble accepting it as the "Best Pizza" in Chicago. I suppose it all depends on who said this is the "Best Pizza" in Chicago. The Chicago Tribune? Bloggers? A restaurant critic on a Chicagoland TV show?
Old 12-28-2007, 02:18 AM
Sage

Big City would really have to go some to compare with Chicago's famous Unos deep dish pizza! Unos has been famous for pizza for around 50 years so they have had alot of practice at perfection!

Anyone know if there is an Unos anywhere near TV? If not, I think its just a matter of time!

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 12-28-2007, 05:18 PM
Sage

Best Pizza in Chicago = Aurelio's ! !
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 12-28-2007, 06:28 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonie
Big City would really have to go some to compare with Chicago's famous Unos deep dish pizza! Unos has been famous for pizza for around 50 years so they have had alot of practice at perfection!

Anyone know if there is an Unos anywhere near TV? If not, I think its just a matter of time!
The closest Unos to TV seems to be some in Orlando.
Old 12-29-2007, 12:11 AM
Sage

Thanks Tal,

knew there must be one somewhere close, if theres one in our 2 horse town crap crap!!

Old 12-29-2007, 02:27 AM
Veteran member
Location: Chicago, Arlington Hgts, North Aurora, Il. TV since 2002!

Regarding Big City Pizza it is not their own. They have shipped in Home Run Inn Pizza probably frozen and add the toppings. While good not as good as when you get it in the Chicago Pizza place where it comes from. Chicago has many different style pizzas and everyone there has there favorites. I like Ginos East or Giordono's and also some small family run places for thin crust. Yep I miss my home town Also the owner of Big City we found very nice. Give people a second chance he may have been overwhelmed by the huge crowds he was getting. Everyone has a bad day!
Old 12-30-2007, 05:43 PM
Sage

RD, Hijacking my own thread but where in Chicago did you live?

Old 12-31-2007, 12:37 AM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonie
Thanks Tal,

knew there must be one somewhere close, if theres one in our 2 horse town crap crap!!
You are welcome.
Old 01-05-2008, 05:37 PM
Veteran member

My girlfriend and I went to Big City Piazza yesterday and I'm sorry to say we are not going back. I had piazza which I thought was terrible. For good piazza I go to Pauly's. I find they have the best piazza here. My girlfriend has the sausage hero and she said it was terrible. The bread was hard and too greasy.

Floridagal
Old 01-05-2008, 05:45 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridagal
My girlfriend and I went to Big City Piazza yesterday and I'm sorry to say we are not going back. I had piazza which I thought was terrible. For good piazza I go to Pauly's. I find they have the best piazza here. My girlfriend has the sausage hero and she said it was terrible. The bread was hard and too greasy.

Floridagal
There seems to be a Paulie's Pizza which will open sometime in the future that is also along CR466 or close to it like Big City Grill.

It is in that newer strip mall across from New Covenant United Methodist Church off of CR101.
Old 01-06-2008, 12:09 PM
Platinum member

We are from the Chicago area and love the Pizza at Big City. My question is this: If they advertise Chicago Pizza, why is there a mural of Time Square in their dining area. Doesn't seem right!
Tampa, FL
Old 01-08-2008, 04:26 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avista
We are from the Chicago area and love the Pizza at Big City. My question is this: If they advertise Chicago Pizza, why is there a mural of Time Square in their dining area. Doesn't seem right!

They also have one of Harlem!

At least one of their three is from State Street and must be from Chicago because of the misspelled marquee.
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.