Billy's Cafe

Closed Thread
Old 09-06-2011, 12:31 PM
Gold member
Unhappy Billy's Cafe

Had a super breakfast at Billy's this morning. Walked out and saw my white New Honda Civic passenger door smashed. Hit and run! No note. So sad. If anyone saw anything this morning, please PM me! Thank you!!!
Old 09-06-2011, 12:47 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by missypie View Post
Had a super breakfast at Billy's this morning. Walked out and saw my white New Honda Civic passenger door smashed. Hit and run! No note. So sad. If anyone saw anything this morning, please PM me! Thank you!!!
I feel your pain. Accident's happen but to not be man/woman enough to take responsibility is very sad.
Skip 2
Old 09-06-2011, 12:54 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

so sorry that another bad thing happened to a good person! maybe the restaurant would let you post a request for info inside near the cash register - ya know - just in case someone other than a reader here has info that could help.

Old 09-06-2011, 03:03 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Maybe it was an older person who really didn't know he or she hit something. These cars dent really easy, too.
Old 09-06-2011, 03:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagegolfer View Post
Maybe it was an older person who really didn't know he or she hit something. These cars dent really easy, too.
If so, he or she has no business driving. Sheesh.

I like njbchbum's idea of posting a request for info at the restaurant, perhaps with small reward if offender is caught and charged.
Old 09-06-2011, 03:30 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
If so, he or she has no business driving. Sheesh.

I like njbchbum's idea of posting a request for info at the restaurant, perhaps with small reward if offender is caught and charged.
Unfortunately I see people every day who should not be driving.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagegolfer View Post
Maybe not so old

For 20 years in CA I talked up the wonders of Krispy Kreme donuts to my CA-native hubby, so when they finally opened a store there obviously we had to go. It was extremely well-received, with hour-long lines and police directing traffic, etc. Hubby refused to wait in hour-long drive through, so I dropped him off across the parking lot at Radio Shack and went through the drive-thru by myself. I was used to my little 2-seater sports car, but I was driving his Sedan de Ville land yacht. Very, very quiet car. I took out the whole right side of the car in the drive thru (those pesky yellow poles!) without knowing it. When I pulled up in front of the Radio Shack to pick him up, he came out of the door, threw his hands up and screamed - the look on his face was beyond priceless. $5 donuts and a $1000 deductible.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack this thread. I've been the victim of a hit-and-run also. Hope someone comes forward and does the right thing.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:02 PM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
so sorry that another bad thing happened to a good person! maybe the restaurant would let you post a request for info inside near the cash register - ya know - just in case someone other than a reader here has info that could help.
I agree, this is a good idea. Also, I notice there are regulars who frequent Billy's the same time every day. Maybe you should go back tomorrow at the same time and ask the people there is they saw something?? Couldn't hurt?? Good luck, I hate when people are wimps...

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 09-06-2011, 06:14 PM
Veteran member

I find it amazing that when a poster questions things or relates a fact like the hit and run at Billy's,certain other posters always try to insinuate that the person is wrong to even question something or gives a reason or excuse that somehow makes things okay.What isn't amazing is that it's the same posters who are always responding like this.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:59 PM

Too bad no video cameras in the parking lot. (I am assuming there are none.)
Old 09-06-2011, 07:08 PM
Veteran member

The sad thing is that this happens everyday. I am so sorry you have to experience this. I would think that if anyone saw this happen they would have said something and gone back in Cafe to let management know.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGirl View Post
Maybe not so old

For 20 years in CA I talked up the wonders of Krispy Kreme donuts to my CA-native hubby, so when they finally opened a store there obviously we had to go. It was extremely well-received, with hour-long lines and police directing traffic, etc. Hubby refused to wait in hour-long drive through, so I dropped him off across the parking lot at Radio Shack and went through the drive-thru by myself. I was used to my little 2-seater sports car, but I was driving his Sedan de Ville land yacht. Very, very quiet car. I took out the whole right side of the car in the drive thru (those pesky yellow poles!) without knowing it. When I pulled up in front of the Radio Shack to pick him up, he came out of the door, threw his hands up and screamed - the look on his face was beyond priceless. $5 donuts and a $1000 deductible.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack this thread. I've been the victim of a hit-and-run also. Hope someone comes forward and does the right thing.
Another hijack: CaliforniaGirl, that was funny!
Oops, but I guess it wasn't at the time.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:02 AM
Gold member

Thanks everyone for feeling my pain. I am just visiting and counting down the months till I am here for good!!!! The staff at Billy's were so nice to me. If your gonna get stuck somewhere waiting for the highway patrol, Billy's is a good one to wait in!

There are no cameras there so, so it goes. Guess if that's the worst that happens in life then I'm doin pretty good.

Thanks again for your suggestions and concerns, makes me feel warm and fuzzy.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.