Bluefin

Closed Thread
Old 09-21-2018, 08:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Thank you Aloha.
Yes, thank you that sounds correct. We were in there for a quick bite when we were looking at houses down that way.

Is Bluefin Supper High-End Pass The Grey Poupon Restaurant. No way. Is the place as clean as a whistle and the utensils sparking clean? Yes. Was the food great? Yes. I wish them luck. We'll be back soon. The prices were reasonable also.
Old 09-22-2018, 08:21 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Hello there, your regular no pinky finger sticking out, run of the mill, garden variety Villager. We went today to Bluefin, Mrs. Nucky and myself were more than happy with the entire experience and the food was BEAUTIFUL AND DELICIOUS! We were a party of 6, 3 were thrilled 1 was inconclusive and the two who know about the restaurant business were not impressed. They really are nice people but little things that they get hung up on don't matter to us. We will definitely return many, many more times. For the quality and taste of the food compared to the prices I think its a great bang for the buck and the place is really nice and the service was great. The only thing they screwed up was the appetizer of the guy who knows about the food business and they didn't tell him until everyone else was served. Ooops! I gave him some of my Calamari and he handled it well, I don't know if they fixed up his bill for the mistake.

The only thing wrong was that they are new and getting their act together, they don't have far to go to be perfect.

What was the name of the business in that spot before the German Restaurant?

P.S. we went at about 3.30 and it was not crowded, when we departed the line was long. The customers seemed very happy.
Just a question what did the 2 with knowledge of business dislike? The service, selection, quality, food temp, plating, or not prepared correctly?
Old 09-22-2018, 10:22 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
I have no problem with anyone complaining about food in TV or elsewhere. What I find insulting is the condescending and pompous attitude some have about their self proclaimed superior taste.
Perfectly stated! Thank you!

Not everyone here has incomes that will support $100+ plus dining for two. For those who do, power to them. When we first came here, Hacienda CC required semi-formal dress for dining. With the coming of other venues, it soon became unsustainable. Many people moved here to get away from all the pomp and circumstance. I also remember when Cattle Baron was a private club within a private club, Katie Belle's. Chico's location was a part of Katie Belle's known as Delmonico's Steak House. The beauty of being here is that there is something for EVERYONE. We don't all have to be alike or like the same things or places. I'm not a fan of seafood, but would love to have a chili cheese dog from a place called "der Weinerschnitzel" in Amarillo. Best ever!! Different strokes for different folks.
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."

Last edited by dillywho; 09-22-2018 at 10:35 AM.
Old 09-22-2018, 10:36 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
Just a question what did the 2 with knowledge of business dislike? The service, selection, quality, food temp, plating, or not prepared correctly?
Nobody threw Rose Pedals at their feet when we walked in. We went early so we wouldn't have to wait. Then it's unbelievable but everywhere we go with them the restaurant blows it in some way with their appetizer. Never a problem for us, ever. Yesterday the waiter didn't let them know that whatever they ordered was out of stock for their appetizer. The guy in the know told us all I told you we should have waited a couple of weeks till they get their act together. The service was great and the quality, temperature, and frilly decorations on the plate were up to snuff for him.

To our knowledgeable friend's credit, he took the appetizer mistake in stride and he was happy with his meal.

He did mention that this restaurant is going to stay as it is something that Villagers really want and it has many strong points as I hope I have pointed out correctly.

I'm ready to go back today, Mrs. Nucky is thinking its a go but not until later around 7 PM probably.

2 1/2 lb Lobster for around $35. Sounds good to me. I'm salivating. I love Lobster, It is Maine Lobster.
Old 09-22-2018, 10:54 AM
Sage

Quote:
Nobody threw Rose Pedals at their feet when we walked in. We went early so we wouldn't have to wait. Then it's unbelievable but everywhere we go with them the restaurant blows it in some way with their appetizer. Never a problem for us, ever. Yesterday the waiter didn't let them know that whatever they ordered was out of stock for their appetizer. The guy in the know told us all I told you we should have waited a couple of weeks till they get their act together. The service was great and the quality, temperature, and frilly decorations on the plate were up to snuff for him.

To our knowledgeable friend's credit, he took the appetizer mistake in stride and he was happy with his meal.

He did mention that this restaurant is going to stay as it is something that Villagers really want and it has many strong points as I hope I have pointed out correctly.

I'm ready to go back today, Mrs. Nucky is thinking its a go but not until later around 7 PM probably.

2 1/2 lb Lobster for around $35. Sounds good to me. I'm salivating. I love Lobster, It is Maine Lobster.
Thank you for an honest review.

My son has worked in some of the best hotels with some great chefs and he is not a food snob. He will comment on how some food choices are preferable and is satisfied with the quality of of food.

People did not move to TV for it's food quality, (fine dining), as it leaves something to be desired. One has to choose what restaurants are acceptable to their taste. Some of us are satisfied with decent food quality as my own palate is not very sensitive. If the food is not moving, it's good enough for me.

Hoping the Bluefin becomes a destination restaurant. I will go there when the initial furor dies down.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 09-22-2018, 10:57 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:

Thanks, i do wonder why the couple thinks someone should throw extra attention to them, unless they are well known buy name and face for their expertise in food industry.
2.5 lobster would feed us and then some. We will wait for a month or so, never fare to judge a restaurant until the initial dry run is over.
Old 09-22-2018, 10:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
Thank you for an honest review.

My son has worked in some of the best hotels with some great chefs and he is not a food snob. He will comment on how some food choices are preferable and is satisfied with the quality of of food.

People did not move to TV for it's food quality, (fine dining), as it leaves something to be desired. One has to choose what restaurants are acceptable to their taste. Some of us are satisfied with decent food quality as my own palate is not very sensitive. If the food is not moving, it's good enough for me.

Hoping the Bluefin becomes a destination restaurant. I will go there when the initial furor dies down.
You never fail Joe .......... you are the epitome of commonsense and once again a good post.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 09-22-2018, 05:51 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

2 1/2 lb cold water lobster for $35 is a bargain! especially when you compare the twin tails for $24.99 on Monday's in the country clubs. Each tail is only 4 oz.
Old 09-22-2018, 06:16 PM
Sage

Wow are they doing a 21/2 cold water lobster ????
Old 09-22-2018, 06:23 PM
fw102807

Quote:

Every day or is this a special?
Old 09-22-2018, 09:32 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
OK, my wife and I and another couple went Wednesday, arrived around 4 PM, 30 minute wait, no problem as they were right on the money of the estimated wait time. Ordered a round of drinks all were very god except for my wife's bloody Mary, when she complained the owner took it to have another made, found out they did not have the correct ingredients, HE IMMEDIATELY RTOOK THIS DRINK OFF THE MENU, and comped her a replacement beverage. All of your meals arrived in a decent time, and ALL were great. I had the lump crabmeat, my wife the trout, I forget what the other couple had, but they were also impressed. We will definitely be going back.
All sounds great and we will be trying it soon ! The only problem I see is that a bartender there would even try to pass off an incorrectly made drink to a customer when they don't even have the correct ingredients on hand. They had to know they were making it wrong.
Old 09-22-2018, 10:44 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
Every day or is this a special?
It is not on the menu Mrs. Fw. You have to ask for it. We went back tonight and I had the Scallops, mashed potatoes, and Brussel Sprouts. I can't believe how good it was, Mrs. Nucky had the Lobster, she wants to go back for breakfast, just kidding. It was great but crowded, we waited 20 minutes. Worth the wait and I never wait, ever.
Old 09-23-2018, 06:14 AM
Veteran member

We stopped by last night round 5:30 (Saturday night) and the wait was 2 hours... we didn't wait :-)
Old 09-23-2018, 06:46 AM
Sage

Took a spin thru the sq. too, big line --we never , ever stand in line --to spend $$$

Lobster @ 21/2 lb for $35/ shows people are will to spend if its available

Last edited by Chatbrat; 09-23-2018 at 06:55 AM.
Old 09-23-2018, 08:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha1 View Post
2 1/2 lb cold water lobster for $35 is a bargain! especially when you compare the twin tails for $24.99 on Monday's in the country clubs. Each tail is only 4 oz.
WOW! I'll say its a bargain.
Currently in Maine my summer state
The local grocery store soft shell lobsters 1 to 1.5 lbs are 12.99 a pound and increase from there

Just returned from Alaska in Skagway
1 King Crab leg no sides $80

Tags
bluefin, review, bonnie, sighed, thought

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.