Bluefin

Closed Thread
Old 09-30-2018, 02:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
Stopped for dinner last night. Inside and out was full with a wait of about half hour.

Started with Coquille St Jacques, the four scallops were tender, and the sherry crean sauce was not overwhelming. Crostini was crisp, but could have used a couple more to make use of the mushroom and Swiss topping. Dish came out bubbly hot.

Coconut Haddock with a mild beurre blanc was good. Fish was moist, the mango salsa and dark rum did not over take the fish, coconut was not noticeable.

The asparagus, green beans, and Brussel sprouts were flavorful. I could make a meal out of the veggies.

Swordfish was thick, and cooked perfectly, and dish came out hot. Couple of nice wines offered.

Wait staff is well trained, went over specials, the menu, and answered questions with enthusiasm. Did not have any dessert just no room but maybe next time. It’s about time someone realizes that this is a community that enjoys well prepared food, with good service.
That sounds mouthwatering and encouraging. Thanks for the review!
Old 09-30-2018, 03:35 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Agree! Great review. Thanks.
Old 11-06-2018, 07:47 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Ate at BF yesterday- arrived at 2:35PM. Décor especially nice, waiter(young women) was bright, alert and fun as well as quite competent. Food was well prepared and the presentation was outstanding. Not many customers there at the early hour , which obviously makes thigs somewhat easier for staff. We will definitely return, but will continue to avoid "rush" times. If this establishment can remain consistent service and quality, I think they will do very well. In my very amateur opinion this is now the best restaurant located on property within TV.
Old 11-06-2018, 07:53 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
Ate at BF yesterday- arrived at 2:35PM. Décor especially nice, waiter(young women) was bright, alert and fun as well as quite competent. Food was well prepared and the presentation was outstanding. Not many customers there at the early hour , which obviously makes thigs somewhat easier for staff. We will definitely return, but will continue to avoid "rush" times. If this establishment can remain consistent service and quality, I think they will do very well. In my very amateur opinion this is now the best restaurant located on property within TV.
Mid-Afternoon meals.................We like doing this as well. There are times we like the hustle/bustle so we sit at the bar and have "a meal."

Old 11-06-2018, 08:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Mid-Afternoon meals.................We like doing this as well. There are times we like the hustle/bustle so we sit at the bar and have "a meal."

Hey, did you take The Golf Cart, The Car or did you Swim over to The Fin?

The place is very nice, isn't it? We are looking forward to going back.
Old 11-06-2018, 08:14 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Hey, did you take The Golf Cart, The Car or did you Swim over to The Fin?

The place is very nice, isn't it? We are looking forward to going back.
I can no longer go outside in my Speedo..........so we jumped in the golf cart, avoided two piles of dog poop on the paths and parked illegally.
Old 01-31-2019, 11:00 AM

Finally got to BF. Put our name in and was able to go have a beer across the square as they sent a text that our table was ready, that was nice. Found the atmosphere and decor was wonderful. Food was wonderful, portions were more than enough and the wait staff was just right. Nice bottle of Pinot with dinner. Still can not understand the continuing comments of being pricey. If you are looking for prices for a fried fish patty sandwich and a Bud, then it is pricey. Will definitely go back and hope that we can continue to enjoy this establishment for years to come.
Old 02-27-2019, 11:42 AM
Veteran member

Returned to Blue Fin for the second time yesterday, and again I was very pleased with the food and service. I had the lobster again, and it was perfect. You get what you pay for at this restaurant.
Old 02-27-2019, 12:38 PM
Platinum member

We had the "shareable" - Coquille St. Jacques - delicious with the crostini cheese sauce and I had the grouper. Good service and excellent dinner. We enjoyed sitting outside and listening to the music on the square. Also liked the pomegranate martini.
Old 02-27-2019, 08:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,558 Times in 507 Posts

Folks, I've got to know - describe to me what does lobster taste like to you? My wife has described it as sweet tasting seafood. Honestly, I have never eaten lobster in my 65 yrs. of life; raised poor on a rural farm in the South and have always been kind of frugal on spending a lot of money on a meal.

Mrs. KC's work took her coast to coast and border to border and has no trouble spending the coin for a great meal ; me, I could survive on a Thomas bagel for breakfast and a sandwich for lunch and supper.
Old 02-27-2019, 08:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
Folks, I've got to know - describe to me what does lobster taste like to you? My wife has described it as sweet tasting seafood. Honestly, I have never eaten lobster in my 65 yrs. of life; raised poor on a rural farm in the South and have always been kind of frugal on spending a lot of money on a meal.

Mrs. KC's work took her coast to coast and border to border and has no trouble spending the coin for a great meal ; me, I could survive on a Thomas bagel for breakfast and a sandwich for lunch and supper.
I only eat Lobster Tails. I tried a whole 3 lb Maine Lobster once at the N.J. Seashore and it didn't go good.

I really don't know how to describe the taste other than delicious. I really want to tell you but can't.

The cheapest way to find out if you like it is to go to Sam's St. John's Seafood 614 17860, SE 109th Ave, Summerfield, FL 34491
Hours:
Closes soon: 9 PM ⋅ Opens 11 AM Thu
Menu: lovethatseafood.com
Order: doordash.com
Phone: (352) 307-7387 across from Walmart
My favorite place but the wife doesn't like it too much. $20-$25 for three Lobster tails and a whole lot of other goodies. You'll leave full to the brim.

The other place was Palmer C.C. not too shabby! I think Surf & Turf was about $30
Old 02-27-2019, 08:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,370 Times in 3,050 Posts

There really is no way to describe the taste of lobster. It tastes like lobster. It is a taste unto its own. But if you've ever had shrimp or crab, or langostino, it tastes like it belongs in that category, but unique. Has a similar "bite" sensation or "mouth feel" to it, though crab tends to be more of a shred than a chunk. It is a sweeter taste than the other shellfish. But "sweet" is a misnomer. It's not sweet, as in a dessert or sugar. It's more sweet, as in, not fishy or especially savory.
Old 02-27-2019, 09:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,370 Times in 3,050 Posts

It's very pricey. Majorly pricey. Almost $16 for fish and chips, and almost $4 for a side of green beans. That's pretty insane. We might go once just so we can say we did. But I'd never look forward to spending $4 for a side of green beans. That's just flat out wrong.
Old 02-28-2019, 11:21 AM
Email Reported As Spam
Default BluFin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henryk View Post
I was thinking about Bluefin coming in B-wood and wondered who would write the first review.

Then I thought about Bonnie, and just sighed.
Hi, been there twice. Awesome service, Scallops, Cod, Large Salads, perfect.
Clean and tidy, a real nice feature for the Villages to see and learn something.
Old 02-28-2019, 11:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,412 Times in 5,105 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
It's very pricey. Majorly pricey. Almost $16 for fish and chips, and almost $4 for a side of green beans. That's pretty insane. We might go once just so we can say we did. But I'd never look forward to spending $4 for a side of green beans. That's just flat out wrong.
I would skip the green beans. But, I think the country clubs have been charging $17 for fish and chips for a long time.
Closed Thread

Tags
bluefin, review, bonnie, sighed, thought

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.