Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Bluefin (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/bluefin-270658/)

Sage327 08-25-2018 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chatbrat (Post 1573938)
Really hope Fred kicks it up 3 notches above his other restaurants

It will probably be the same fish truck that delivers to all the other country clubs. I will be surprised if they are serving “fresh fish”.

600th Photo Sq 08-25-2018 08:09 PM

Based on all of this guy's restaurants, Honestly I cannot see this a go to place. All of his Restaurant are only barely OK...brought in food from Sysco. and other all pre- paired food companies.

Typical microwave in bag ...Nothing like a Honest to goodness Chef in Charge Restaurant. They are all the same ...TooJays, Evans,Palmers, etc etc etc

A Damn Shame.... Hey it's The Villages .... They continue to get away with it.

Aloha1 08-27-2018 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq (Post 1575118)
Based on all of this guy's restaurants, Honestly I cannot see this a go to place. All of his Restaurant are only barely OK...brought in food from Sysco. and other all pre- paired food companies.

Typical microwave in bag ...Nothing like a Honest to goodness Chef in Charge Restaurant. They are all the same ...TooJays, Evans,Palmers, etc etc etc

We will all know the truth in a few weeks. In the meantime, I'll hold my comments until I've eaten there.

JoMar 08-27-2018 08:06 PM

Don't believe this place could support a Chef in Charge Restaurant. They are out there, in Ocala, Tampa, Orlando where there are customers that will pay for that on a regular basis.

rivaridger1 08-28-2018 10:09 AM

We need a pure seafood restaurant you can walk into and order an excellent seafood based soup along with a entrée consisting of a great piece of fresh broiled /grilled fish and/or shellfish together with a fresh green vegetable. For the most part hold the sauces and let me have some butter and lemon wedges. And please no potato, rice or pasta dishes designed to add bulk to the plate By chance does anyone remember " Charlie's Crab " up north.

graciegirl 08-28-2018 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq (Post 1575118)

Part of your um post I am forced to agree with. And the other part makes me curious. Who is "They"?

I have no problem with pre-prepared food in general, but fish isn't good cooked and frozen. Sauces and gravies and some vegetables do very well being made ahead of time and often are more tasty than the kids who work in most restaurant kitchens that are affordable for frequent visits know how to prepare. I am more and more a fan of my own cooking these days.

Aloha1 08-28-2018 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rivaridger1 (Post 1576004)
We need a pure seafood restaurant you can walk into and order an excellent seafood based soup along with a entrée consisting of a great piece of fresh broiled /grilled fish and/or shellfish together with a fresh green vegetable. For the most part hold the sauces and let me have some butter and lemon wedges. And please no potato, rice or pasta dishes designed to add bulk to the plate By chance does anyone remember " Charlie's Crab " up north.

Yup. Chuck Muer and family. Chuck was lost at sea on his sailboat and the chain ended up folding. At one point, they had a few locations in south FL. BUT, You could still get the whole enchilada at Charlies...or just a piece of plain grilled fish. They also served steaks. Hmmm, sounds a litle like what Bluefish is supposed to be.

JSR22 08-28-2018 03:20 PM

Southfield

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aloha1 (Post 1576120)
Yup. Chuck Muer and family. Chuck was lost at sea on his sailboat and the chain ended up folding. At one point, they had a few locations in south FL. BUT, You could still get the whole enchilada at Charlies...or just a piece of plain grilled fish. They also served steaks. Hmmm, sounds a litle like what Bluefish is supposed to be.

Iuse to be in Southfield frequently on business at Ameritech. I would eat in his restaurant every night. I remember the bread in the teacup and wonderful fish.

Aloha1 08-29-2018 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSR22 (Post 1576123)
Iuse to be in Southfield frequently on business at Ameritech. I would eat in his restaurant every night. I remember the bread in the teacup and wonderful fish.

Not to get too far off topic, but when they closed the "flagship", Joe Muers, on Gratiot Avenue in Detroit, I made sure I got one last meal there. Great "old school" dining as it was meant to be.

Don't expect that at Bluefin ( tuxedoed waiters would be overkill when the uniform of the day here is polos and shorts) but serve me a fresh properly cooked piece of seafood with a smile, some good wine, and I'll be back.

golf2140 08-29-2018 04:19 PM

The problem is that the villagers want to pay $15.00 for meal! Don't blame the restaurants.

Doro22 08-29-2018 05:52 PM

When we want good, fresh seafood we go to Crystal River...ie: Charlie’s or The Crab Plant. Or better yet...The Florida Keys.

tomwed 08-29-2018 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henryk (Post 1573876)
I was thinking about Bluefin coming in B-wood and wondered who would write the first review.

Then I thought about Bonnie, and just sighed.

I know how you feel.

Aloha1 08-30-2018 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doro22 (Post 1576448)
When we want good, fresh seafood we go to Crystal River...ie: Charlie’s or The Crab Plant. Or better yet...The Florida Keys.

Tell us more, perhaps under a new thread titled Crystal River. Haven't gone there yet and I'm curious.

PoolBrews 08-30-2018 09:06 PM

If you are willing to leave the bubble, try out Off the Hook in Belleview. Incredible Peruvian restaurant with delicious seafood dishes. It's a hidden treasure.

tophcfa 08-30-2018 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rivaridger1 (Post 1576004)

Agree