Bluefin

Bluefin

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 09-22-2018, 10:57 AM
Veteran member

Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina /One Retired in Duval

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Nobody threw Rose Pedals at their feet when we walked in. We went early so we wouldn't have to wait. Then it's unbelievable but everywhere we go with them the restaurant blows it in some way with their appetizer. Never a problem for us, ever. Yesterday the waiter didn't let them know that whatever they ordered was out of stock for their appetizer. The guy in the know told us all I told you we should have waited a couple of weeks till they get their act together. The service was great and the quality, temperature, and frilly decorations on the plate were up to snuff for him.

To our knowledgeable friend's credit, he took the appetizer mistake in stride and he was happy with his meal.

He did mention that this restaurant is going to stay as it is something that Villagers really want and it has many strong points as I hope I have pointed out correctly.

I'm ready to go back today, Mrs. Nucky is thinking its a go but not until later around 7 PM probably.

2 1/2 lb Lobster for around $35. Sounds good to me. I'm salivating. I love Lobster, It is Maine Lobster.
Thanks, i do wonder why the couple thinks someone should throw extra attention to them, unless they are well known buy name and face for their expertise in food industry.
2.5 lobster would feed us and then some. We will wait for a month or so, never fare to judge a restaurant until the initial dry run is over.

Old 09-22-2018, 10:58 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
Thank you for an honest review.

My son has worked in some of the best hotels with some great chefs and he is not a food snob. He will comment on how some food choices are preferable and is satisfied with the quality of of food.

People did not move to TV for it's food quality, (fine dining), as it leaves something to be desired. One has to choose what restaurants are acceptable to their taste. Some of us are satisfied with decent food quality as my own palate is not very sensitive. If the food is not moving, it's good enough for me.

Hoping the Bluefin becomes a destination restaurant. I will go there when the initial furor dies down.
You never fail Joe .......... you are the epitome of commonsense and once again a good post.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2018, 05:51 PM

2 1/2 lb cold water lobster for $35 is a bargain! especially when you compare the twin tails for $24.99 on Monday's in the country clubs. Each tail is only 4 oz.
Old 09-22-2018, 06:16 PM
Sage

Wow are they doing a 21/2 cold water lobster ????
Old 09-22-2018, 06:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Nobody threw Rose Pedals at their feet when we walked in. We went early so we wouldn't have to wait. Then it's unbelievable but everywhere we go with them the restaurant blows it in some way with their appetizer. Never a problem for us, ever. Yesterday the waiter didn't let them know that whatever they ordered was out of stock for their appetizer. The guy in the know told us all I told you we should have waited a couple of weeks till they get their act together. The service was great and the quality, temperature, and frilly decorations on the plate were up to snuff for him.

To our knowledgeable friend's credit, he took the appetizer mistake in stride and he was happy with his meal.

He did mention that this restaurant is going to stay as it is something that Villagers really want and it has many strong points as I hope I have pointed out correctly.

I'm ready to go back today, Mrs. Nucky is thinking its a go but not until later around 7 PM probably.

2 1/2 lb Lobster for around $35. Sounds good to me. I'm salivating. I love Lobster, It is Maine Lobster.
Every day or is this a special?
Old 09-22-2018, 09:32 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
OK, my wife and I and another couple went Wednesday, arrived around 4 PM, 30 minute wait, no problem as they were right on the money of the estimated wait time. Ordered a round of drinks all were very god except for my wife's bloody Mary, when she complained the owner took it to have another made, found out they did not have the correct ingredients, HE IMMEDIATELY RTOOK THIS DRINK OFF THE MENU, and comped her a replacement beverage. All of your meals arrived in a decent time, and ALL were great. I had the lump crabmeat, my wife the trout, I forget what the other couple had, but they were also impressed. We will definitely be going back.
All sounds great and we will be trying it soon ! The only problem I see is that a bartender there would even try to pass off an incorrectly made drink to a customer when they don't even have the correct ingredients on hand. They had to know they were making it wrong.
Old 09-22-2018, 10:44 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
Every day or is this a special?
It is not on the menu Mrs. Fw. You have to ask for it. We went back tonight and I had the Scallops, mashed potatoes, and Brussel Sprouts. I can't believe how good it was, Mrs. Nucky had the Lobster, she wants to go back for breakfast, just kidding. It was great but crowded, we waited 20 minutes. Worth the wait and I never wait, ever.
Old 09-23-2018, 06:14 AM
Veteran member

We stopped by last night round 5:30 (Saturday night) and the wait was 2 hours... we didn't wait :-)
Old 09-23-2018, 06:46 AM
Sage

Took a spin thru the sq. too, big line --we never , ever stand in line --to spend $$$

Lobster @ 21/2 lb for $35/ shows people are will to spend if its available

Last edited by Chatbrat; 09-23-2018 at 06:55 AM.
Old 09-23-2018, 08:25 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha1 View Post
2 1/2 lb cold water lobster for $35 is a bargain! especially when you compare the twin tails for $24.99 on Monday's in the country clubs. Each tail is only 4 oz.
WOW! I'll say its a bargain.
Currently in Maine my summer state
The local grocery store soft shell lobsters 1 to 1.5 lbs are 12.99 a pound and increase from there

Just returned from Alaska in Skagway
1 King Crab leg no sides $80

Tags
bluefin, review, bonnie, sighed, thought