Bluefin

Closed Thread
Old 08-25-2018, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Really hope Fred kicks it up 3 notches above his other restaurants
It will probably be the same fish truck that delivers to all the other country clubs. I will be surprised if they are serving “fresh fish”.
Old 08-25-2018, 08:09 PM
Veteran member

Based on all of this guy's restaurants, Honestly I cannot see this a go to place. All of his Restaurant are only barely OK...brought in food from Sysco. and other all pre- paired food companies.

Typical microwave in bag ...Nothing like a Honest to goodness Chef in Charge Restaurant. They are all the same ...TooJays, Evans,Palmers, etc etc etc

A Damn Shame.... Hey it's The Villages .... They continue to get away with it.
Old 08-27-2018, 06:12 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq View Post
Based on all of this guy's restaurants, Honestly I cannot see this a go to place. All of his Restaurant are only barely OK...brought in food from Sysco. and other all pre- paired food companies.

Typical microwave in bag ...Nothing like a Honest to goodness Chef in Charge Restaurant. They are all the same ...TooJays, Evans,Palmers, etc etc etc

We will all know the truth in a few weeks. In the meantime, I'll hold my comments until I've eaten there.

Last edited by Aloha1; 08-28-2018 at 03:08 PM.
Old 08-27-2018, 08:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 865 Posts

Don't believe this place could support a Chef in Charge Restaurant. They are out there, in Ocala, Tampa, Orlando where there are customers that will pay for that on a regular basis.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 08-28-2018, 10:09 AM

We need a pure seafood restaurant you can walk into and order an excellent seafood based soup along with a entrée consisting of a great piece of fresh broiled /grilled fish and/or shellfish together with a fresh green vegetable. For the most part hold the sauces and let me have some butter and lemon wedges. And please no potato, rice or pasta dishes designed to add bulk to the plate By chance does anyone remember " Charlie's Crab " up north.
Old 08-28-2018, 10:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq View Post

Part of your um post I am forced to agree with. And the other part makes me curious. Who is "They"?

I have no problem with pre-prepared food in general, but fish isn't good cooked and frozen. Sauces and gravies and some vegetables do very well being made ahead of time and often are more tasty than the kids who work in most restaurant kitchens that are affordable for frequent visits know how to prepare. I am more and more a fan of my own cooking these days.
Old 08-28-2018, 03:12 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivaridger1 View Post
We need a pure seafood restaurant you can walk into and order an excellent seafood based soup along with a entrée consisting of a great piece of fresh broiled /grilled fish and/or shellfish together with a fresh green vegetable. For the most part hold the sauces and let me have some butter and lemon wedges. And please no potato, rice or pasta dishes designed to add bulk to the plate By chance does anyone remember " Charlie's Crab " up north.
Yup. Chuck Muer and family. Chuck was lost at sea on his sailboat and the chain ended up folding. At one point, they had a few locations in south FL. BUT, You could still get the whole enchilada at Charlies...or just a piece of plain grilled fish. They also served steaks. Hmmm, sounds a litle like what Bluefish is supposed to be.
Old 08-28-2018, 03:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default Southfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha1 View Post
Yup. Chuck Muer and family. Chuck was lost at sea on his sailboat and the chain ended up folding. At one point, they had a few locations in south FL. BUT, You could still get the whole enchilada at Charlies...or just a piece of plain grilled fish. They also served steaks. Hmmm, sounds a litle like what Bluefish is supposed to be.
Iuse to be in Southfield frequently on business at Ameritech. I would eat in his restaurant every night. I remember the bread in the teacup and wonderful fish.
Old 08-29-2018, 03:58 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
Iuse to be in Southfield frequently on business at Ameritech. I would eat in his restaurant every night. I remember the bread in the teacup and wonderful fish.
Not to get too far off topic, but when they closed the "flagship", Joe Muers, on Gratiot Avenue in Detroit, I made sure I got one last meal there. Great "old school" dining as it was meant to be.

Don't expect that at Bluefin ( tuxedoed waiters would be overkill when the uniform of the day here is polos and shorts) but serve me a fresh properly cooked piece of seafood with a smile, some good wine, and I'll be back.
Old 08-29-2018, 04:19 PM
Platinum member

The problem is that the villagers want to pay $15.00 for meal! Don't blame the restaurants.
Old 08-29-2018, 05:52 PM

When we want good, fresh seafood we go to Crystal River...ie: Charlie’s or The Crab Plant. Or better yet...The Florida Keys.
Old 08-29-2018, 06:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henryk View Post
I was thinking about Bluefin coming in B-wood and wondered who would write the first review.

Then I thought about Bonnie, and just sighed.
I know how you feel.
Old 08-30-2018, 08:27 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doro22 View Post
When we want good, fresh seafood we go to Crystal River...ie: Charlie’s or The Crab Plant. Or better yet...The Florida Keys.
Tell us more, perhaps under a new thread titled Crystal River. Haven't gone there yet and I'm curious.
Old 08-30-2018, 09:06 PM
Veteran member

If you are willing to leave the bubble, try out Off the Hook in Belleview. Incredible Peruvian restaurant with delicious seafood dishes. It's a hidden treasure.
Old 08-30-2018, 09:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,931 Times in 2,701 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivaridger1 View Post
Agree
Closed Thread

Tags
bluefin, review, bonnie, sighed, thought

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.