Bluefin

Bluefin

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 08-28-2018, 10:34 AM
graciegirl's Avatar
graciegirl graciegirl is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: From Ohio, now happily live in Laurel Valley
Posts: 35,603
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq View Post
Based on all of this guy's restaurants, Honestly I cannot see this a go to place. All of his Restaurant are only barely OK...brought in food from Sysco. and other all pre- paired food companies.

Typical microwave in bag ...Nothing like a Honest to goodness Chef in Charge Restaurant. They are all the same ...TooJays, Evans,Palmers, etc etc etc

A Damn Shame.... Hey it's The Villages .... They continue to get away with it.


Part of your um post I am forced to agree with. And the other part makes me curious. Who is "They"?


I have no problem with pre-prepared food in general, but fish isn't good cooked and frozen. Sauces and gravies and some vegetables do very well being made ahead of time and often are more tasty than the kids who work in most restaurant kitchens that are affordable for frequent visits know how to prepare. I am more and more a fan of my own cooking these days.
__________________
I have to be myself, everyone else is taken.
Reply With Quote

  #22  
Old 08-28-2018, 03:12 PM
Aloha1 Aloha1 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 429
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivaridger1 View Post
We need a pure seafood restaurant you can walk into and order an excellent seafood based soup along with a entrée consisting of a great piece of fresh broiled /grilled fish and/or shellfish together with a fresh green vegetable. For the most part hold the sauces and let me have some butter and lemon wedges. And please no potato, rice or pasta dishes designed to add bulk to the plate By chance does anyone remember " Charlie's Crab " up north.
Yup. Chuck Muer and family. Chuck was lost at sea on his sailboat and the chain ended up folding. At one point, they had a few locations in south FL. BUT, You could still get the whole enchilada at Charlies...or just a piece of plain grilled fish. They also served steaks. Hmmm, sounds a litle like what Bluefish is supposed to be.
__________________
Roseville, MI, East Lansing, MI, Okemos, MI, Kapalua, HI, Village of Pine Ridge
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Southfield
  #23  
Old 08-28-2018, 03:20 PM
JSR22's Avatar
JSR22 JSR22 is offline
Gold member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bonita
Posts: 1,249
Default Southfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha1 View Post
Yup. Chuck Muer and family. Chuck was lost at sea on his sailboat and the chain ended up folding. At one point, they had a few locations in south FL. BUT, You could still get the whole enchilada at Charlies...or just a piece of plain grilled fish. They also served steaks. Hmmm, sounds a litle like what Bluefish is supposed to be.
Iuse to be in Southfield frequently on business at Ameritech. I would eat in his restaurant every night. I remember the bread in the teacup and wonderful fish.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-29-2018, 03:58 PM
Aloha1 Aloha1 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 429
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
Iuse to be in Southfield frequently on business at Ameritech. I would eat in his restaurant every night. I remember the bread in the teacup and wonderful fish.
Not to get too far off topic, but when they closed the "flagship", Joe Muers, on Gratiot Avenue in Detroit, I made sure I got one last meal there. Great "old school" dining as it was meant to be.

Don't expect that at Bluefin ( tuxedoed waiters would be overkill when the uniform of the day here is polos and shorts) but serve me a fresh properly cooked piece of seafood with a smile, some good wine, and I'll be back.
__________________
Roseville, MI, East Lansing, MI, Okemos, MI, Kapalua, HI, Village of Pine Ridge
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-29-2018, 04:19 PM
golf2140 golf2140 is offline
Platinum member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bonita
Posts: 1,801
Default

The problem is that the villagers want to pay $15.00 for meal! Don't blame the restaurants.
__________________
Villager from 2000 until they take me out in a small box!!!
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-29-2018, 05:52 PM
Doro22's Avatar
Doro22 Doro22 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 266
Default

When we want good, fresh seafood we go to Crystal River...ie: Charlie’s or The Crab Plant. Or better yet...The Florida Keys.
__________________
"If you are lucky enough to live in The Villages, you are lucky enough."
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-29-2018, 06:19 PM
tomwed tomwed is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 9,979
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henryk View Post
I was thinking about Bluefin coming in B-wood and wondered who would write the first review.

Then I thought about Bonnie, and just sighed.
I know how you feel.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-30-2018, 08:27 PM
Aloha1 Aloha1 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 429
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doro22 View Post
When we want good, fresh seafood we go to Crystal River...ie: Charlie’s or The Crab Plant. Or better yet...The Florida Keys.
Tell us more, perhaps under a new thread titled Crystal River. Haven't gone there yet and I'm curious.
__________________
Roseville, MI, East Lansing, MI, Okemos, MI, Kapalua, HI, Village of Pine Ridge
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-30-2018, 09:06 PM
lrvalley lrvalley is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 26
Default

If you are willing to leave the bubble, try out Off the Hook in Belleview. Incredible Peruvian restaurant with delicious seafood dishes. It's a hidden treasure.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 08-30-2018, 09:10 PM
tophcfa tophcfa is offline
Veteran member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: The Berkshires of Western Massachusetts and the Villages
Posts: 662
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivaridger1 View Post
We need a pure seafood restaurant you can walk into and order an excellent seafood based soup along with a entrée consisting of a great piece of fresh broiled /grilled fish and/or shellfish together with a fresh green vegetable. For the most part hold the sauces and let me have some butter and lemon wedges. And please no potato, rice or pasta dishes designed to add bulk to the plate By chance does anyone remember " Charlie's Crab " up north.
Agree
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bluefin, review, bonnie, sighed, thought

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:15 AM.