Bluefin

Closed Thread
Old 09-18-2018, 10:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

I too was hoping for some reviews of the seafood, and a little more description.
Old 09-18-2018, 10:28 AM
Sage

Just did a side by side comparison of the entrees @ Arnold Palmer vs Bluefin--IMHO--Palmer's are more creative, more expensive, they have a better happy hour-

Bluefin's entrees appear cookie cutter, not fine dining
Old 09-18-2018, 10:42 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Time will tell wonder who will make the first " Don't waste your time or money comment ".
Old 09-18-2018, 11:00 AM
Sage

My biggest complaint about seafood dishes in restaurants is that "watery" under taste that lets you know the fish was grabbed out of their freezer. I hope Bluefin will truly have "fresh" (maybe flash-frozen on the boat, but not stuffed in a freezer) fish and seafood.
Old 09-18-2018, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
My biggest complaint about seafood dishes in restaurants is that "watery" under taste that lets you know the fish was grabbed out of their freezer. I hope Bluefin will truly have "fresh" (maybe flash-frozen on the boat, but not stuffed in a freezer) fish and seafood.
Old 09-18-2018, 05:17 PM
Sage

Don't you know you can't complain about food in TV's--its against the rules, eat, pay & be happy
Old 09-18-2018, 06:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Don't you know you can't complain about food in TV's--its against the rules, eat, pay & be happy
Well you can, but somebody is going to slap you into next Tuesday if you do.
Old 09-18-2018, 06:31 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

As I mentioned earlier, a number of Villagers south of 466A have already been to Bluefish and commented on our neighborhood site about it. Here's a couple examples:

Eight of us went to Blue Fin yesterday for lunch. ALL OF US had delicious meals. We were sitting at their gorgeous long granite table in the center wall area. Several of us had their "Shareable" COQUILLE ST. JACQUES (fresh scallops, mushroom sherry cream sauce, butter toasted panko, crostini) for $12.40. It was delicious. The scallops were among the best I've ever had. I personally did not think $12.40 was too much that kind of upscale dish for lunch. Several in our group had the fish tacco's - they all said they were delicious. The staff was very attentive. The manager came over several times to check on us. Their chocolate martini's were not the typical watered down variety you get at the country clubs. Granted they are a little pricey at $7. but they were at least twice as good. Their martini glass was larger, it had grated chocolate in it, chocolate liqueur (not chocolate syrup), and the cream was real cream not half and half. The shrimp in their shrimp cocktail were very large - one friend made it her lunch. You pay for what you get, good or bad, and it was very good. We'll be back! We thought we saw someone with Oyster Rockefeller (not on menu) and the manager said to always ask if you want something you don't see on the menu - they might have it. They get their fish daily. We'll be back!
+++++++
Went to Blue Fin last nite for the soft opening.
We are SOOOOOOOOO FORTUNATE to have this amazing new restaurant here.
The service was friendly, professional, and helpful!
The appetizers were scrumptious- calamari, and 2 kinds of shrimp-you could make a meal out of them and so yummy!!!!!
The 2 petite steaks with mushroom sauce melted in your mouth. The grilled asparagus was tender and tasty top to bottom, salmon and scallops were melt in your mouth too. Cole slaw was delish! Mixed drinks and martinis were perfect. Michael, the young GM, is an amazing, friendly, handsome gentleman more than willing to make your dining experience memorable!!!!!!
Fred, the owner, is so proud of their newly remodeled establishment with a beautiful relaxing atmosphere. It is just beautiful!
Saving dessert for last! Fabulous 3 layer choco cake and creme brûlée, just mouth watering. Also, the lucious fruit that decorated the desserts was so fresh and tasty!!!!!!
Now, of course, there were way more selections. I am only describing what we had. Menu is large, choices are varied.
+++++++
Our group of six ate there yesterday. The decor is very nice if not exquisite. The service was excellent as was the food. The menu contains several items that I need to go back and try. The prices are what you would expect for a restaurant that is more upscale than many here in the Villages, but we thought they were very reasonable for the quality of the dining experience of decor, service, food. First, we were allowed two shareable appetizers for the group. We chose "sticky ribs" and calamari. The "sticky ribs" were crispy and delicious with a teriyaki/soy sauce. The calamari had a light batter, were deep fried, and were so tender and yummy and were liked by all six. My wife and I commented that we could go for lunch and just share a couple of the sharable items. Three of our group had the twin petite filets of beef. They all commented on how delicious and tender they were. My wife had the seared scallops and chose the bacon/brussel sprouts for one of her sides; she thought they were the best scallops she has had in The Villages and comparable to the best she has ever had anywhere. She loved the Brussel sprouts. I had the peppered ahi, cooked medium, which came with garlic mashed potatoes and a wild mushroom sauce---excellent. Our dessert was the salted caramel cheesecake. Excellent. We look forward to going back and trying several other items on the menu. They do have some non-seafood entrees and the menu is online.
Old 09-18-2018, 06:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Just did a side by side comparison of the entrees @ Arnold Palmer vs Bluefin--IMHO--Palmer's are more creative, more expensive, they have a better happy hour-

Bluefin's entrees appear cookie cutter, not fine dining
And, I assume, not necessarily in that order.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 09-18-2018, 07:16 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Well you can, but somebody is going to slap you into next Tuesday if you do.
I have no problem with anyone complaining about food in TV or elsewhere. What I find insulting is the condescending and pompous attitude some have about their self proclaimed superior taste.
Old 09-19-2018, 06:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
I have no problem with anyone complaining about food in TV or elsewhere. What I find insulting is the condescending and pompous attitude some have about their self proclaimed superior taste.
Nicely said Coach.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 09-19-2018, 06:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
100% correct and nicely put.
Old 09-19-2018, 06:25 AM
Sage

they are legends in their own minds!
Old 09-19-2018, 10:19 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
Nicely said Coach.
Old 09-19-2018, 11:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

I'd like to "pile on" and say with Coach and CFrance
Closed Thread

Tags
bluefin, review, bonnie, sighed, thought

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.