Bluefin

Closed Thread
Old 09-19-2018, 03:34 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
I have no problem with anyone complaining about food in TV or elsewhere. What I find insulting is the condescending and pompous attitude some have about their self proclaimed superior taste.
Old 09-19-2018, 06:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
I have no problem with anyone complaining about food in TV or elsewhere. What I find insulting is the condescending and pompous attitude some have about their self proclaimed superior taste.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
Nicely said Coach.
Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
100% correct and nicely put.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
they are legends in their own minds!
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
I'd like to "pile on" and say with Coach and CFrance
Quote:
Originally Posted by golf2140 View Post
Well thanks for the gang of comments that most think my post and I are a WPOS.

In case you don’t have a sense of humor or not from the south the “ slap you into next Tuesday
“ was used if you acted out, kind of like today’s time out.

So thank you all above for making me understand that I need to leave this site, for those who find me the WPOS that I am in all of your eyes. Congratulations you truly set me in my place, But you did prove my post was very honest, and you all proved my post was correct, for you truly did slap me into next Tuesday
Old 09-19-2018, 06:49 PM
Veteran member

Have been to Bluefin the past
2 nights. Shocked at
what a well oiled machine it seems to be the first 2 opening nights. Both quality of food and service has been outstanding. Tried the Fish tacos (great), shrimp cocktail(great), Ne Clam chowder (great) and creme brûlée. Could not have asked for better dishes. Yeah I am a fan !

Old 09-19-2018, 07:40 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post

In case you don’t have a sense of humor or not from the south the “ slap you into next Tuesday

So thank you all above for making me understand that I need to leave this site, for those who find me the WPOS that I am in all of your eyes. Congratulations you truly set me in my place, But you did prove my post was very honest, and you all proved my post was correct, for you truly did slap me into next Tuesday
Just my 2 cents but I'm not sure you were the target of the attackers. Don't leave. Some of us do appreciate your input.
Old 09-19-2018, 08:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha1 View Post
Just my 2 cents but I'm not sure you were the target of the attackers. Don't leave. Some of us do appreciate your input.
I agree with Aloha, you should stay. Your posts are what they are supposed to be, your opinion.

I owe it to you that I rarely have to go inside a grocery store anymore so thanks. Either way, Take Care.
Old 09-20-2018, 01:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post

I think you misinterpreted Coach Ed's post. It wasn't about you. If you want my take on his post, PM me.
Old 09-20-2018, 08:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

I agree with Nucky you should stay. He is correct - your posts are your opinion and there is nothing wrong with that. I don't think anyone was trying to single you out for having a condescending and pompous attitude or a self proclaimed superior taste. I know I personally feel that way about several posters.

I have to ask "Don't you think saying WPOS was a bit overboard?" (had to look it up in the Urban Dictionary)

Sorry if you feel that you have leave this site..... bye bye
Old 09-20-2018, 09:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
I agree with Nucky you should stay. He is correct - your posts are your opinion and there is nothing wrong with that. I don't think anyone was trying to single you out for having a condescending and pompous attitude or a self proclaimed superior taste. I know I personally feel that way about several posters.

I have to ask "Don't you think saying WPOS was a bit overboard?" (had to look it up in the Urban Dictionary)

Sorry if you feel that you have leave this site..... bye bye
CW, I have a feeling that it is possible that three people are using the Asianthree account. In all fairness, I never took any of those statements in this post as a shot at Him/Her/Them and also from time to time one of them has dealt out harsh words. I was the target twice. I let it go because it was their OPINION. It is also possible that the hurtful post has been removed?? Who knows??
Old 09-20-2018, 09:31 AM
Sage

Lot of background in the restaurant business, family backed the Glouster House in NYC, next door to the Helmsley Palace--know good seafood and the seafood scams
Old 09-20-2018, 09:44 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Lot of background in the restaurant business, family backed the Glouster House in NYC, next door to the Helmsley Palace--know good seafood and the seafood scams
I also know that the pale pink fish they pass off as Salmon is inferior and that the lobster is not fresh and usually overcooked and that clam strips are not clams but I also know I don't live in New England anymore so I am just making the best of it. All of the restaurants have decent choices to make and we enjoy dining out with our friends. It's about attitude.
Old 09-20-2018, 09:50 AM
Sage

Honestly, we don't go out to eat , when the food we make @ home blows most of the restaurants here out of the water--we go out for specific dishes that are too time consuming,(prep) and slow cooking--or for certain cuts of meat that are no longer available in the area
Old 09-20-2018, 10:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
CW, I have a feeling that it is possible that three people are using the Asianthree account. In all fairness, I never took any of those statements in this post as a shot at Him/Her/Them and also from time to time one of them has dealt out harsh words. I was the target twice. I let it go because it was their OPINION. It is also possible that the hurtful post has been removed?? Who knows??
I "feel" two personalities too. One of them wears Jimmy Chu shoes and I have never met anyone in person who wears Jimmy Chu shoes. She says they are classic and last for years and I do understand that. I have kept a handbag my husband bought me for almost twenty years.
Old 09-20-2018, 10:25 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Whoops! Never mind.

Last edited by Boomer; 09-20-2018 at 10:48 AM.
Old 09-20-2018, 11:08 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
I also know that the pale pink fish they pass off as Salmon is inferior and that the lobster is not fresh and usually overcooked and that clam strips are not clams but I also know I don't live in New England anymore so I am just making the best of it. All of the restaurants have decent choices to make and we enjoy dining out with our friends. It's about attitude.
I agree! Some people don't have any.
Old 09-20-2018, 11:13 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
And I'll bet you don't mean a condescending,pompous, or superior attitude.
Closed Thread

Tags
bluefin, review, bonnie, sighed, thought

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.