Bluefin disappointment

Closed Thread
Old 03-01-2023, 10:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

In general, FMK run restaurants are as good as it gets in the Villages and are typically a positive dinning experience. Like any restaurant, your server and the cook making your meal on any given visit to the establishment will define your experience. Well managed establishments strive for a consistent and repeatable experience, unfortunately delivering that consistent experience requires not only good management but competent help. Finding competent help these days is extremely difficult, and it costs money (which has to be passed on to the customer) to retain that help. That’s why I like to find hidden gems, like Ay Jalisco, that always seem to have the same employees working day in and day out, putting out a consistent product. Some like the product, and others not so much, but it’s always consistent.
Old 03-01-2023, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt57 View Post
Hate to bash on line but I received no response to my lengthy email. We went Saturday night with total of 8, wife’s fish came out cold and raw, came out warm and raw the 2nd time, 2 of us had raw scallops in our pescatore and 2 , yes 2 mussels per plate. Missing napkins and silverware came out after the food, bread came out when entrees were done or sent back. Manager comped the raw fish and gave us a gift card, which is fine, he made an effort. It’s just frustrating that we pay good money yet are disappointed time and againat so many restaurants. For now our weekly excursions as a group are going to be at our homes, everyone chipping in a dish. We will eat much better
I'd like to know who is preparing the dishes to be "chipped in"? No night off for the ladies, I guess.
Old 03-01-2023, 04:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,245 Times in 4,280 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
I have to disagree. I have had excellent meals at Chop, Harvest and Coastal. Comparing that food to Cody's crap is absurd.
Agreed...

Bluefin is our favorite restaurant in the squares and we've yet to be disappointed. To compare it to Outback, or bar food like Cody's (which both have a place) is nutz...

-Tom Petty
Old 03-01-2023, 04:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Agreed...

Bluefin is our favorite restaurant in the squares and we've yet to be disappointed. To compare it to Outback, or bar food like Cody's (which both have a place) is nutz...
Nutz or absurd?
Old 03-01-2023, 04:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt57 View Post
Hate to bash on line but I received no response to my lengthy email. We went Saturday night with total of 8, wife’s fish came out cold and raw, came out warm and raw the 2nd time, 2 of us had raw scallops in our pescatore and 2 , yes 2 mussels per plate. Missing napkins and silverware came out after the food, bread came out when entrees were done or sent back. Manager comped the raw fish and gave us a gift card, which is fine, he made an effort. It’s just frustrating that we pay good money yet are disappointed time and againat so many restaurants. For now our weekly excursions as a group are going to be at our homes, everyone chipping in a dish. We will eat much better
The manager took care of you comping and with a gift card. He has to document what he gives away. The regional Manager will know what happened. I see no reason you felt compelled to send an email. I feel sorry for the wives who have to cook serve and cleanup
Old 03-01-2023, 05:45 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,960 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanlob View Post
I'd like to know who is preparing the dishes to be "chipped in"? No night off for the ladies, I guess.
Real men know how to cook.
Old 03-01-2023, 07:02 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,616 Times in 436 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanlob View Post
Why are you assuming the wives are doing the cooking? I’m a real good cook. 😀
Old 03-01-2023, 10:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,245 Times in 4,280 Posts

Quote:
Nutz or absurd?
Yes...

-Tom Petty
Old 03-01-2023, 10:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,995 Times in 1,728 Posts

Quote:
The manager took care of you comping and with a gift card. He has to document what he gives away. The regional Manager will know what happened. I see no reason you felt compelled to send an email. I feel sorry for the wives who have to cook serve and cleanup
The wives? That’s a big assumption. At our house it is usually the men who take over the food preparation. And since they set the menu they do shopping for it too. I certainly don’t mind tidying up.
Old 03-02-2023, 01:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

I was one of the first to say that I got a miserable meal at Bluefin shortly after they opened. It has happened a few times but overall, big picture I love the place. Looking forward to lunch there hopefully tomorrow. I got ripped to shreds by the big guns on TOTV’S at that time. Their not around anymore, gotta pace yourself on here and mix it up with restaurants too!

It’s a great thing OP to speak your mind and let others do the same. I understand you have no chip on your shoulder just a bad experience! Good post. Thanks.
Old 03-02-2023, 06:04 AM
Veteran member

The problem with the restaurants in the TV is either they are chains or the ones that are not are few and far in between. There is a lack of diversity and the number of restaurants to the population, this permits uneven service. It also has to do what the residents demands. No offense, but I've noticed that people here are less interested in food and more about drinking.
Old 03-02-2023, 06:11 AM
Sage
Cool

Went with party of 12, booked the reservation, they couldn't find it.
but did find it the following nite, they blamed the person in our group that made the reservation.

Never said oh sorry for the mix up etc.....

But after another 20 min they did accommodate, I'll give them that.

But only one waiter and not the greatest.

One person sent her steak, they replaced it sent it back again to order something else.

four others including myself said their food was soso.

Learned they had a new chef a few weeks ago

Off our list

Old 03-02-2023, 06:31 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,589 Times in 934 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2012 View Post
Went with party of 12, booked the reservation, they couldn't find it.
but did find it the following nite, they blamed the person in our group that made the reservation.

Never said oh sorry for the mix up etc.....

The FMK restaurants send a text confirming the reservation, as soon as you hang up. Pull up the text to confirm you had the right night.
Old 03-02-2023, 06:39 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,753 Times in 3,629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
The FMK restaurants send a text confirming the reservation, as soon as you hang up. Pull up the text to confirm you had the right night.
it's much easier to blame someone else

next response.......................we never received a text

waaaaaaaaait for it
Old 03-02-2023, 07:01 AM

We've always had good meals at Blue Fin. The Old Bay seasoning is sometimes overboard but mostly food and service very good. Last time we were there our server was obviously high on something. We talked about it amongst ourselves but she got our order right so we didn't think much else about it. The next morning I opened up the online news (the one we can't mention) and there was her mug shot for a drug arrest from several days earlier (one of several). I think it's hard for these restaurants to find help.
Closed Thread

Tags
raw, fish, time, gift, card

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.