Bob Evans at Colony

Closed Thread
Old 06-10-2017, 09:14 PM
Sage

We are frequent eaters at Bob Evans at Colony. We usually go for breakfast, but sometimes for dinner. Last week we went about 4:45. The restaurant was not busy. We waited at the front desk for a few minutes, which seems like a long time when you're waiting. Finally someone came and took our name and put it on the list. The list???? There was hardly anybody in the restaurant!

There was one couple at the bar so we decided not to wait and went there to eat. The couple next to us said they got tired of waiting to be greeted so they also sat at the bar. Moments later a third couple sat down as well. The serving area behind the bar was very hectic. It took our server a bit to greet us. The couple who sat down first hadn't had a drink or their order taken yet. After about 10 minutes, the server went to the other end of the bar where the last couple sat and asked them for their drink order. The couple that was there first couldn't believe it as they had been seated the longest without a drink order. As the server got started, we interuruped her and said that the couple at the other end of the bar were there first, then us, then the last couple. She quickly moved to the other end of the bar and began taking drink orders.

She was flustered at best and it took a long time for us all to receive our drinks and she forgot the coffee for the first couple. We got our food first, then the first couple got theirs next and the third couple ordered chicken noodle soup. They waited a bit the server came out and said they were out of soup but she would get more. She apologized to them for the wait. They waited probably 15 minutes more and again the server apologized for the wait saying it would be out soon. The server apologized again then went into the kitchen to talk to someone back there about the soup. Apparently she wasn't supposed to go back to the kitchen to talk to the cooks and the girl that was in charge of putting the food on the trays told her not to do that again......and we all heard it. Once again, she apologized to the third couple at the bar who were waiting for the soup. After a bit, the couple got up and left and they didn't pay for their drinks. The server felt badly and continued to be flustered. Unfortunately, another gentleman sat next to me and he waited about 15 minutes just for a drink!!! He also wanted soup....thankfully not chicken noodle!! We ate and got our check and left.

Everyone at the bar was talking about how messed up this whole dining experience was. It really was a stressful dinner and I had to feel sorry for the server. She seemed overwhelmed. I felt embarrassed for her. I was glad to be out of there. It certainly has changed since they opened and not for the good. We are fans of the restaurant and will continue to go but probably only for breakfast as that seems to run smoothest.

Last edited by Happinow; 06-11-2017 at 09:09 AM.
Old 06-18-2017, 09:58 PM

Mixed bag. Was there this past Saturday after golf. At least 8 empty tables but we had to wait 20 minutes to be seated. Why ??????
Food and server were great though.
Old 06-19-2017, 06:02 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdmiata View Post
Mixed bag. Was there this past Saturday after golf. At least 8 empty tables but we had to wait 20 minutes to be seated. Why ??????
Food and server were great though.
This is most likely caused by not enough wait staff. They will leave tables empty if they are short staff rather than have the server cover too many tables.
Old 06-19-2017, 06:09 AM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW

we have always been served well.

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Old 06-19-2017, 10:02 AM
Gold member

We've been there 3 times since it opened and will probably avoid it if we can. We have not been pleased with the food or service.
Old 06-19-2017, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeV View Post
We've been there 3 times since it opened and will probably avoid it if we can. We have not been pleased with the food or service.
Not pleased with the food either - ordered a chicken fried steak that took 35 minutes to be served. After a couple of bites, all of the breading had fallen off. I could have used the bare steak for the bottom of my tennis shoe. Oh, yes, very tough and could not finish. I'm done.
Old 06-19-2017, 02:35 PM
Gold member

Generally I have been satisfied with the food and service. What bugs me is that they tend to put scallions on many dishes which I don't want to eat. They must have gotten a good deal on scallions.

John

"Don't curse the darkness when you can light a candle"
Old 06-19-2017, 07:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Wife got soaked playing today; so she needed comfort food; went to BE at Colony and had our meals (chopped sirloin w/ veggies) right at 10 minutes after we sat down (which was immediately). service was great and food was good.

Tags
service, changed, opened, customer, evans

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.