Bob Evans at Colony

Closed Thread
Old 05-26-2017, 09:41 PM
Default Bob Evans at Colony

Does anyone think the customer service has changed since it opened?
Old 05-27-2017, 04:05 AM
Email Reported As Spam

I have tried this place twice and both times walked away sadden that it does not live up to the name as a Bob Evans
Old 05-27-2017, 05:24 AM
Platinum member

We've been there three times and found the service to be excellent. I like the modern decor as well. I haven't been there in a month...perhaps things have changed.
Old 05-27-2017, 06:12 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageswimmer View Post
We've been there three times and found the service to be excellent. I like the modern decor as well. I haven't been there in a month...perhaps things have changed.
They have gone downhill over the past month or so. Cannot compare to the service at their 466 location
Old 05-27-2017, 06:27 AM
Soaring Eagle member

We have always left smiling. The BEfit breakfast is healthy, fresh and tasty.
Old 05-27-2017, 06:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I made this comment to a friend visiting just last week;

I don't think I have ever seen better customer service ANYWHERE in my life than at Bob Evans on 466. Many of their servers are in their sixties and seventies. And their hostesses too.
Old 05-27-2017, 07:44 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

I don't think I have ever seen better customer service ANYWHERE in my life than at Bob Evans on 466. Many of their servers are in their sixties and seventies. And their hostesses too.
I agree! And we did go to Colony once and the waitress was very good. I don't recall ever having bad service at any Bob Evans.
Old 05-27-2017, 08:00 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

We went with a group of ten people yesterday and had very excellent service. We will definitely go back.
Old 05-27-2017, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
We've had great customer service at Bob Evans Colony.
However, during the dinner hours, we've experienced extremely slow service from the kitchen. Even the wait staff gets flustered as it seems forever to get their orders.
Have talked to Manager on Duty 3 times about it, but the problem continues.
Have not experienced this problem during breakfast or lunch visits.
Old 05-27-2017, 08:18 AM

We go to location on CR466. Find the one on CR466a has very poor services!
Old 05-27-2017, 09:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

We've been going every week since the Bob Evans on 466A opened. A couple of months ago I noticed 'Michael' the waiter was working. If you remember him from the 466 location, he was always the outgoing and funny waiter. He would always tell you how his day was going before you asked. About three years ago he disappeared and we asked where he had gone, and we were told he went to the Ocala location.

Now at 466A we are in Michael's section and we asked him first, where have you been? He said he had to leave the 466 location because of another employee, but didn't give details, only that there was a lot friction. He eventually ended up at the Silver Springs location and there he met the best manager he ever worked for. She became the manager of this new location and he said, I'll follow her anywhere. We just so happen to be seated by that manager that day and the week before as she acted as the hostess. She's the taller, blond hair woman in her 40's, and is really great. You can tell her anything, and I usually do say what I'm happy with or not.

Since we've eaten at the new 466A location about 20 times, I would say maybe twice we were't thrilled. One time I thought it was a little cold inside. Another time I thought my scrambled eggs were a bit runny. Otherwise, my wife and I love this new location and will continue to go. I did mention to the manger that we have never waited more than 2 or 3 minutes, and most times not at all, while the 466 location waiting is the norm. She said, that is because she believes in quick turn-over of the tables and doesn't like when they sit dirty and believes in taking orders fast. Which I had to admit, the waiters and waitress are very prompt and I've only waited more than I expected once for my food.

I just realized, my picture in the avatar was taken at the new Bob Evans by a neighbor and his phone. You can see their logo in the background.
Old 05-27-2017, 10:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
We've been going every week since the Bob Evans on 466A opened. A couple of months ago I noticed 'Michael' the waiter was working. If you remember him from the 466 location, he was always the outgoing and funny waiter. He would always tell you how his day was going before you asked. About three years ago he disappeared and we asked where he had gone, and we were told he went to the Ocala location.

Now at 466A we are in Michael's section and we asked him first, where have you been? He said he had to leave the 466 location because of another employee, but didn't give details, only that there was a lot friction. He eventually ended up at the Silver Springs location and there he met the best manager he ever worked for. She became the manager of this new location and he said, I'll follow her anywhere. We just so happen to be seated by that manager that day and the week before as she acted as the hostess. She's the taller, blond hair woman in her 40's, and is really great. You can tell her anything, and I usually do say what I'm happy with or not.

Since we've eaten at the new 466A location about 20 times, I would say maybe twice we were't thrilled. One time I thought it was a little cold inside. Another time I thought my scrambled eggs were a bit runny. Otherwise, my wife and I love this new location and will continue to go. I did mention to the manger that we have never waited more than 2 or 3 minutes, and most times not at all, while the 466 location waiting is the norm. She said, that is because she believes in quick turn-over of the tables and doesn't like when they sit dirty and believes in taking orders fast. Which I had to admit, the waiters and waitress are very prompt and I've only waited more than I expected once for my food.

I just realized, my picture in the avatar was taken at the new Bob Evans by a neighbor and his phone. You can see their logo in the background.
Egad, I thought that was your granddaughter. They have got to make these avatars bigger!
Old 05-27-2017, 10:44 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

Don't you just love to see a bunch of kids doing well? [emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 05-27-2017, 12:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

We ate there yesterday and the server was very nice. The service was pretty typical of The Villages in that it was a bit slow but that's not unusual.

The food was great and when we needed more water or napkins the server was right there for us.

I didn't find it any different than the BE on 466.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 05-27-2017, 12:49 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
Why yes, I have seen different service people from my first visit!
Closed Thread

Tags
service, changed, opened, customer, evans

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.