Bonefish in The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 08-16-2017, 11:58 AM
Default Bonefish in The Villages

Another bad experience with a new server at Bonefish. The food is excellent. We have now on two occasions had our server omit putting in our visit for the Dine Rewards program. Obviously this is not gone over with them in their initial training. So much for offering this incentive to come more often,if they aren't insuring that all Dine Rewards members get credit for each visit.
Old 08-16-2017, 12:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,354 Times in 2,392 Posts

What was management's response?
Old 08-16-2017, 12:42 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

Unfortunate.

We love the Bang Bang and always have great service.
Old 08-16-2017, 02:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Just a thought. I know there is a lot of room for interpretation but we go out to eat probably 5 times a week, we find the service to be very good most of the time. The only time the service is terrible is when we are ravenously hungry. The people who serve us have a million things on their mind and don't always get everything correct. When anyone is new at a job they could be nervous, may have just gotten stiffed on a tip just before they are not attentive to us and I always keep in mind that things are not instinctive when a person is new. I know what happened wasn't good but at least it can be fixed.

Many people order water with lemon to drink with the meal. When I asked why, was it because they really wanted a water I was told it was to keep the bill and the tip down. This is amazing to me. I try not to judge because it is their money but not taking care of the waiters and waitresses doesn't help retain people so you could expect the problem you had more often. Just a thought. The people I'm talking of have more money than, well they have a lot, now I know how they got it.
Old 08-16-2017, 02:50 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Just a thought. I know there is a lot of room for interpretation but we go out to eat probably 5 times a week, we find the service to be very good most of the time. The only time the service is terrible is when we are ravenously hungry. The people who serve us have a million things on their mind and don't always get everything correct. When anyone is new at a job they could be nervous, may have just gotten stiffed on a tip just before they are not attentive to us and I always keep in mind that things are not instinctive when a person is new. I know what happened wasn't good but at least it can be fixed.

Many people order water with lemon to drink with the meal. When I asked why, was it because they really wanted a water I was told it was to keep the bill and the tip down. This is amazing to me. I try not to judge because it is their money but not taking care of the waiters and waitresses doesn't help retain people so you could expect the problem you had more often. Just a thought. The people I'm talking of have more money than, well they have a lot, now I know how they got it.

Old 08-16-2017, 03:08 PM
Sage

Bonefish is my favorite restaurant in The Villages.
I'm sorry you're not receiving dine reward points for eating there, perhaps it's not a popular program.
Do you remind the server when you order?

Last edited by Barefoot; 08-16-2017 at 03:16 PM.
Old 08-16-2017, 03:15 PM
Veteran member

If I'm not ordering beer, I always order water, because I feel that it is a horrible waste of money to pay $3 for a coke. I am not slighting the wait staff, I'm spending my money wisely. It's how I got here at 50 and am able to eat out 5 nights a week.
Old 08-16-2017, 05:28 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,325 Times in 1,441 Posts

Not being sarcastic but inquisitive. Why did you want to be in a a 55 and over retirement community when you were 50, were there not communities with younger people that you could have joined? I too could have been here at 50 but I waited until I was 70 as there was much that I wanted to see and do after I retired.
Old 08-16-2017, 05:49 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
Not being sarcastic but inquisitive. Why did you want to be in a a 55 and over retirement community when you were 50, were there not communities with younger people that you could have joined? I too could have been here at 50 but I waited until I was 70 as there was much that I wanted to see and do after I retired.
I started watching & visiting TV when I was sub-40. Every time I visited or did a Life Style, I couldn't wait to get here full time. We purchased prior to the magical 55 and have never regretted it. We are here, we are traveling and we have done "much" and continue to do "much". Our children visit and want to move here and skip their career years. I for one (throw in my Bride for two), totally understand people not waiting until the ripe old age of 70 to come here.
Old 08-16-2017, 06:41 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,308 Times in 542 Posts

Quote:
There are many under the age of 60 especially in the new villages of TV. I was 58 when I retired and wife 55. Following retirement we did lots of traveling and still had a home in a 55 and over retirement community. There are so many activities in The Villages that it's impossible to be involved in all of them.

I believe OP is generally correct in that the restaurants in TV do have a lot of inexperience servers. Good employees are difficult to find and it's difficult for them to make a living wage in TV as a Server. Many seniors, Iam ashamed to say, leave poor tips even when they can afford to be more generous.
Old 08-16-2017, 08:40 PM
Veteran member

If I can't afford to tip well, I wouldn't go out to eat.
Old 08-16-2017, 10:09 PM
Gold member

We dine at Bonefish regularly & never have had an issue with not receiving credit on the dine reward. I guess I would classify it as an honest error and cut the "new" server some slack. I'm guessing that if you returned within a reasonable time with you receipt management would credit you. Just my opinion
Old 08-16-2017, 10:51 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
is your spouse/significant other/lover the SAME exact age as you? Mine is 9 years older... so, um, do the math.

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk
Old 08-17-2017, 04:31 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
What was management's response?
Bogie, based on the OP's comments the better question may be "is management the solution or the problem". Businesses more often fail because they are poorly managed.
Old 08-17-2017, 04:45 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Speaking for myself I have never been enamored with Bonefish. The last visit was the same as the first. I have had tastier meals at the Golden Corral.

We have always found the service to be good.

However we were seated in a section where they crowded in too many tables. The result was when the next tabled filled the server was forced to walk between tables which pretty much placed his derriere in my face.

All was not lost because my wife found it to be most amusing, especially since I had to stop eating and turned my face sideways. How I had wished at that moment that I had the ability of an owl so as to turn my head 180
Closed Thread

Tags
visit, rewards, server, bonefish, dine

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.