Bonifay is open

Closed Thread
Old 11-18-2011, 10:35 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spk7951 View Post
This Country Club will not have a pool. I have heard a couple of rumors that is has something to do with the Priority Pool Program not getting the interest that some had thought it would.
Hmmm. Thanks for the info, spk7951.
I have to say I'm surprised. The Priority Pool Program is still less expensive than maintaining my own pool -- PLUS, they bring me food and drinks! lol
Bossier City, Louisiana
Salt Lake City & Ogden, Utah
The Villages, Florida
Old 11-18-2011, 10:44 AM
Default Looks Like a Pool?

The structure to the left as you enter the road to Bonifay sure looks like what you see at other priority pool locations. Guess we'll stop and take peek on our next trip to Bonifay.

Plymouth (MA)
Lexington (MA)
Old 11-18-2011, 10:54 AM
Gold member

Pretty sure that is the pool ! It has a very large bar area and nice view.
Old 11-18-2011, 12:02 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf-Tinker View Post
The structure to the left as you enter the road to Bonifay sure looks like what you see at other priority pool locations. Guess we'll stop and take peek on our next trip to Bonifay.
Golf-Tinker, that's what we thought. There's a large dressing room area and shiny (water?) behind the bushes. On closer inspection, the dressing rooms turned out to be a golf cart garage, and the shiny area was the wet driveway into the building.

Mudder, did we look in the wrong place? Is there another place for the pool? A bar area with a nice view would certainly be a bonus!

Keep in mind, we went searching for the pool after enjoying dinner and happy hour, and it was dark outside. We could have missed it. The good news is that we found our car.
Bossier City, Louisiana
Salt Lake City & Ogden, Utah
The Villages, Florida
Old 11-18-2011, 12:37 PM
Platinum member

Fernandia pool to the left of Bonifay restaurant is neighborhood pool. We did not see a pool AT Bonifay CC. We also heard there would be less pools at CCs because they are not being used. We had dinner at Bonifay on Tuesday night. Had the fish and chips and a cup of crab&corn chowder, very good. Had a glass of Pinot Grigio on happy hour (wonderful). At 5PM they ran out of white house wines (all) and the more expensive wines would not be happy hour priced. Not a problem, it is a soft opening to work out kinks. Neighbors went to dinner there Wednesday night, still no house white wines (All). The truck hadn't arrived. Hello, Publix is down the road! I'm sure kinks will be worked out before the 28th. Had great service from Dan.
Old 11-18-2011, 03:16 PM
Veteran member

The two of us went for lunch on Monday. Food was okay but long wait for the soup. Server explained that the kitchen staff got in late and they were still warming everything up. Soup came after about 30-40 minutes followed almost immediately by the entree. Our ticket was added up wrong and had to be corrected after we pointed out the mistake.

Our golf group wanted to go on Tuesday for lunch so I went along. Servers explained that they were out of beef dishes including the hamburgers and some sandwiches. Some ordered fish and chips. What they got was nothing like what I had the previous day (looked much better/different batter/bigger portion). My fish sandwich had very little fish.

Both days, the front of the house staff was very friendly and attentive. Kitchen still needs work. But that's what soft openings are for. Don't think we'll be back until after they really open.
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Old 11-18-2011, 03:56 PM
Platinum member

can you get menus for all the country clubs online?
Old 11-19-2011, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farhad View Post
had dinner last night. undoutatly the best food in the villages. the portions were large. service by david was excellent. we found a new hang out.
Had lunch on Thursday. Nice looking place but pretty noisey. Lunch selections were French Dip and Rueben Sandwiches. The beef on the French Dip tased foul to both of us. Either loaded with preservatives, spoiled or simply from a cheap prepared piece of beef. The Rueben had Saurkraut that was very bland tasting, and corned beef that Toojays would be embarassed to serve. They also neglected to include the Russian dressing on the sandwich so I asked for a side and spread it myself. Far too long a drive for the kind of mediocre food we were served.
Old 11-21-2011, 02:34 PM
Eternal Member

We had a group of 28 at bonifay Saturday night. We started getting there at 4:00 for drinks. We sat out on the patio where the bar is. We were being seated as the tables became available. By about 6:00, we all had a table. We all ordered drinks & meals. Many different items were ordered. Everything was delicious. No one complained about anything. We had Sheryll & Gail as servers & they did a fabulous job !!
Old 11-28-2011, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomW View Post
We've been so disappointed with Havana's food and are eagerly awaiting Bonifay. Hopefully they will attain and maintain high standards for food quality and service.
Save yourself. If you think Havana is bad, wait until you try Bonifay..... I think they run a close race. I can only hope that their "soft opening" will encourage them to offer a better menu with better food an service. I'm really wondering about those who are raving over the quality of the food there???? Ummmmmmm
Old 11-28-2011, 08:49 AM
Eternal Member

Our group thought it was good.
Old 01-04-2012, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjbl8114 View Post
Save yourself. If you think Havana is bad, wait until you try Bonifay..... I think they run a close race. I can only hope that their "soft opening" will encourage them to offer a better menu with better food an service. I'm really wondering about those who are raving over the quality of the food there???? Ummmmmmm
Had a group of 8 and everyone loved it,cheap drinks and good food.you probably should stay home and complain about yourself ,some people cannot be pleased
Old 01-04-2012, 08:00 PM

Just came from Bonifay, my birthday dinner. Not so impressed. Maybe I ordered the wrong thing. I had the shrimp/scallops scampi(minus the mussels, I don't like them), thought it was very bland. The key lime martini was good had two of them. The place was extremely noisy I have to say. Ordered an appetizer of coconut shrimp, brought our dinners out, no appetizer. Fork was sticky/dirty, waitress took them away, brought our food, forgot the new silverware, I ate my dinner with my hubby's fork since he had fish and chips he used his fingers. Couldn't get a waitress to stop and give us new silverware. Again I wasn't impressed.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:33 PM

We will be in Charlotte so we decided in our few days in TV last week, to try Bonifay. One day we had drinks and I have to say, the choice of house wine is almost the worst, however,lunch was excellent. I had the grilled fish of the day and it could not have been prepared better.
We are looking forward to it being the l coal "Cheers" or in our case "Chucks)
Old 01-05-2012, 06:25 AM
Veteran member

4 of us had a great dinner at Bonifay. Good food, fair price and nice service

"The difficult we can do immediately the impossible just takes a little longer"
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.