ENGLISH TEA GARDEN RESTAURANT IN LAKE SUMTER LANDING

Closed Thread
Old 07-25-2007, 05:27 PM
Veteran member
Default ENGLISH TEA GARDEN RESTAURANT IN LAKE SUMTER LANDING

My wife and I had dinner at the Tea Garden last night. I have to tell you that this was a fabulous meal! This could be one of the top 5 we've experienced since moving here two years ago. I had steak & ale pie and my wife had Cottage Pie. This is not just a "Chick" place as might be surmised but it is the home of some outstanding English cuisine. This meal is as close to being in England as you will get...it's authentic, spiced appropriately, with even service. It's almost a shame that they don't have a "Pub" theme but they have a very nice "tea garden" atmosphere and the food is wonderful, more than reasonably priced, and completely enjoyable.

For the record, I have no connections with them other than being a customer.
Poughkeepsie, NY;Buckhannon, WV;Oak Bluffs, Mass;Suitland, MD;Salt Point, NY;Camp Lejeune, NC;Highland, NY;Manassas, VA;Colchester, VT;Brookfield, CT;Tucson, AZ;Brookfield, CT;The Villages, FL; Vietnam-1967 USMC
Old 07-25-2007, 05:50 PM
Founder
Default Re: ENGLISH TEA GARDEN RESTAURANT IN LAKE SUMTER LANDING

I would love to have them become an advertiser here on Talk of The Villages. We could really increase their business. 2,000 members 145,000 page views (visitors). Get them to sign up ;D
Old 07-26-2007, 08:11 AM
Veteran member

I love that place - in my visits, I would stop in and just marvel at how very quaint and very "english" it was.

But I heard a rumor that it may be closing - is this true?
Old 07-26-2007, 02:13 PM
Veteran member

I don't really know...I was surprised that there weren't more people there considering the quality and price of the dinners.
Poughkeepsie, NY;Buckhannon, WV;Oak Bluffs, Mass;Suitland, MD;Salt Point, NY;Camp Lejeune, NC;Highland, NY;Manassas, VA;Colchester, VT;Brookfield, CT;Tucson, AZ;Brookfield, CT;The Villages, FL; Vietnam-1967 USMC
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.