Bourbon Street in Spanish Springs

Closed Thread
Old 08-12-2007, 09:07 PM
Platinum member
Default Bourbon Street in Spanish Springs

Bourbon Street which replaced Tosca's in Spanish Springs, opened in July. Does anyone know if they've announced plans to re-open the micro brewery? I always thought having a local micro brewery in TV was a nice touch. Has anyone tried the food at Bourbon Street?
Old 08-13-2007, 01:01 PM
Platinum member
Default Re: Bourbon Street in Spanish Springs

I can't confirm absolutely, but I'm 99.99% positive that the micro-brewery is due to re-open with the next couple/three weeks. Hope so!
Haven't eaten at Bourbon Street yet. Enjoyed both predecessors at that venue, though.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:34 PM
Veteran member

The micro-brewery WILL open soon. BUT, the quality of the food at the restaurant has been getting big time mixed reviews. We had friends who went shortly after they opened and said the food was terrible...been hearing the same more than anyone who really likes it. Out of fairness, you gotta give a new restaurant a few weeks to "snap in"....At least Bourbon street was smarter than Whiskey Creek...BS opened up during the slow season so they have time to work out the kinks while WC opened at the verge of high season and went flat on their face....hopefully, they have turned it around.
Poughkeepsie, NY;Buckhannon, WV;Oak Bluffs, Mass;Suitland, MD;Salt Point, NY;Camp Lejeune, NC;Highland, NY;Manassas, VA;Colchester, VT;Brookfield, CT;Tucson, AZ;Brookfield, CT;The Villages, FL; Vietnam-1967 USMC
Old 08-13-2007, 08:17 PM
Send a message via AIM to rballruss Send a message via Yahoo to rballruss

I went there opening day (I know better) and my sausage was raw in the middle. Everyone else had a good meal. I knew I should have waited a bit before going, but I love cajun style meals. I just went back last weekend and was very pleased. I didn't get the sausages, but another in our party did and enjoyed them. I got the crawfish etouffe (sp) and it was spicy and delicious. I'll go back.
Old 08-14-2007, 07:10 PM
Gold member

Went there this past Saturday. The owner stopped by several tables to introduce himself and to thanks folks for coming in. I tried the Gumbo and Jambalaya and was pleased, with the taste and ample sized portions. Others went with a ribeye which was listed as a Delmonico type. Turned out to be close to a flavorable strip steak, nicely seasoned and cooked as ordered. Another had a fillet which was described as excellent. Two ordered Bananas Foster and thought it was okay.

Waitress had problems figuring out how to show 2 for 1 drinks during Happy Hour on bill. Wound up being charged for 3 drinks each. When this was brought to her attention she had manager deal with problem. She fixed bill and apologized.

When the manager stopped by he advised they had a group coming in to play some "soft" jazz. Guess he was out of the loop because when the band started, they played nothing but Dixieland. They were good but we were sitting to close to allow us to have any more table conversation once the band got cranked up.

We will definitely go back, but we will ask to be seated further away from the band stand. :hot:
Old 08-15-2007, 01:59 PM
Veteran member

Went back and had a GREAT meal!
Poughkeepsie, NY;Buckhannon, WV;Oak Bluffs, Mass;Suitland, MD;Salt Point, NY;Camp Lejeune, NC;Highland, NY;Manassas, VA;Colchester, VT;Brookfield, CT;Tucson, AZ;Brookfield, CT;The Villages, FL; Vietnam-1967 USMC
Old 08-28-2007, 08:47 PM
Veteran member

WE stopped in one night to listen to the band and were told, because we were having drinks and appetizers we couldnt set in the bar area at a table it was only for people who were dining. Five empty tables and not many people walking in. Ok then good luck if you dont want me there we wont go back. First impression do count and I dont think I'm beind picky.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:24 PM
Veteran member

I would like to ad a comment about Boubon Street, in regards to the music we found on a Sunday night, after the Square closed and Katie Belles closes at 9 on Sundays, we were headed back to the car all bummed out when we walked by Bourbon Street. The music flowing out the door was great and we went in and danced till midnight. Please catch the "Soul Brothers" when your in TV they are great and will play anything you ask. The sound that these two brothers put out with their equipment ( I cant spell synthesizer) was awesome. Three cheers for Bourbon Street music. They made my week complete. Thank you guys. I'll be back
Handie :joke:
Old 10-04-2007, 07:33 PM
Send a message via AIM to rbrozzetti Send a message via Skype™ to rbrozzetti

Had lunch there and the waitress said they would be opening the micro brewery soon. Enjoyed the luch so much that we went back with another couple last night. Dinner menu is good variety of Louisiana cuisine. Sausage is made on site. Prices are very reasonalbe and service was excellent.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gryoung
Bourbon Street which replaced Tosca's in Spanish Springs, opened in July. Does anyone know if they've announced plans to re-open the micro brewery? I always thought having a local micro brewery in TV was a nice touch. Has anyone tried the food at Bourbon Street?
I lived in NO for 20 years and the food at Bourbon street is not authentic. I have eaten there for lunch and dinner and each time was very disappointed. I spoke to our server as to the quality and he could not give me an answer. Our server was very polite and professional but lacked background knowledge of the food. I am assuming when a restaurant is called Bourbon Street it should resemble NO - however I looked on the website and this is a chain all over so maybe I am wrong on assuming it should be NO.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.