Bravo pizza Lake Sumter

Closed Thread
Old 05-15-2021, 01:39 PM

I'm not a full timer yet. Come down to TV from time to time to my house. We have really liked Bravo pizza, but never had from any other place to compare. If what the OP said happened the way it was described, than that is not the way you conduct your business. I don't care if it was a nickel more, You cannot charge a patron an amount that doesn't reflect the price on the menu. If they are waiting for new menus, then type and print out a flyer with the new prices or state on the flyer the there is a $2.00 dollar increase on all items, etc.
Old 05-15-2021, 03:37 PM

They were very unreasonable and obnoxious to treat you like that. I have always enjoyed Bravos and their food. But that was really unprofessional of them.
Old 05-15-2021, 04:15 PM

What is really poor was the reaction of the waitress. To throw a tip back at someone? She should have been fired on the spot, short of workers or not. No one should be treated like that.
Old 05-15-2021, 04:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by donassaid View Post
What is really poor was the reaction of the waitress. To throw a tip back at someone? She should have been fired on the spot, short of workers or not. No one should be treated like that.
I would like to hear the restaurant's side.
Old 05-15-2021, 04:32 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
Probably fake news.
First time posters sometimes trash their X-employees.
Old 05-15-2021, 06:11 PM
Default Don't form opinions on hearsay

There are always three sides to a story--Poster's side, Bravo's side and the truth. Don't let this thread form your opinion. I've been going to Bravo for years. They are a small, family-owned business not part of a chain so they may not have the same resources. Like everyone else they are having a very hard time finding staff. However, they do understand customer service. They know their regulars by name, they will accommodate special requests, their portions are larger than other restaurants. Everybody's tastes are different, but they have the best NY pizza and cauliflower pizza. BTW, I did see signs saying prices have changed. Don't let my comments form your opinion, go there.
Old 05-15-2021, 09:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,563 Times in 509 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by datamanron@aol.com View Post
Wife and I went to eat at Bravos Pizza in Lake Sumter yesterday
When we got the check the prices were higher than what the menu so I asked why
The waitress said there was a increase a while ago ??
I asked why doesn't it reflect on the menu ?
The waitress went to the manager and came back all ****ed off said I created a problem She adjusted the bill and I went to leave her a tip but she threw it back at me and said I don't need your tip This was CRAZY she was screaming and the manager came over to us and told us to leave I never experienced anything like this
I would not recommend Bravos Pizza and will never go back there
I’ve got to ask - what state did you move here from?
Old 05-15-2021, 09:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,563 Times in 509 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Is there something wrong when people order via the menu and ask for water to drink?
As the baby chick says “cheap, cheap, cheap”.
Old 05-16-2021, 08:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,037 Times in 5,329 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
As the baby chick says “cheap, cheap, cheap”.
Sorry you do not approve but name calling is really not necessary.

We do not drink soft drinks and see no reason to pay for bottled water.

If a restaurant is not happy that we just buy an appetizer and main course not my problem.
Old 05-16-2021, 08:17 AM
Default Bravos Pizza isa great family run place

Quote:
Originally Posted by datamanron@aol.com View Post
Wife and I went to eat at Bravos Pizza in Lake Sumter yesterday
When we got the check the prices were higher than what the menu so I asked why
The waitress said there was a increase a while ago ??
I asked why doesn't it reflect on the menu ?
The waitress went to the manager and came back all ****ed off said I created a problem She adjusted the bill and I went to leave her a tip but she threw it back at me and said I don't need your tip This was CRAZY she was screaming and the manager came over to us and told us to leave I never experienced anything like this
I would not recommend Bravos Pizza and will never go back there
Unfortunately as a former pizzeria owner I’ve learned the customer isn’t always right. They were there all through the COVID nightmare to service their customers needs. Bickering about a price increase your bill got changed to a lower price obviously. I as an owner would be okay with you not returning to my pizzeria. Pick your battles in life this reads like it was written by an unhappy person. I’ve never had a bad meal or experience there.
Old 05-16-2021, 08:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
I had to think she was his wife?

Sometimes good cooks aren't great at diplomacy. You oughta hear me yell at Thanksgiving to GET OUT OF MY KITCHEN.

I just hate to see a good business damaged. This has been one hell of a year for restaurant people and they have had to dip deep into their own savings. I know that man is ten years older than he used to be. He was wrong. She was wrong, but I will go back.
Old 05-16-2021, 08:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,680 Times in 5,230 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry Azz View Post
Unfortunately as a former pizzeria owner I’ve learned the customer isn’t always right. They were there all through the COVID nightmare to service their customers needs. Bickering about a price increase your bill got changed to a lower price obviously. I as an owner would be okay with you not returning to my pizzeria. Pick your battles in life this reads like it was written by an unhappy person. I’ve never had a bad meal or experience there.
So, you would raise your prices, but still use the same menus with the lower prices, and hope that the customers don't notice?
Old 05-16-2021, 08:42 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Question Reason's

When paying a bill there are all different personalities and issues. Some watch their bill
very carefully as they are living day to day, some watch it closely as they were raised to
be very suspect of the one billing, some are just plain cheap and get a kick out of stiffing the business or help, some are just paranoid and think the world is against them and trying to cheat them, etc etc. It is my belief that when they enter a restaurant they have some knowledge about the place, what it charges and conclude they can afford it and if not they should not go in in the first place. Once they are charged and have eaten their meal then for God's sake pay for it. If you don't like the service, don't like the food, don't like their practices then don't go back. But to try to impact their business with worthless complaints is abusive. To stiff or leave a low tip is a real bottom feeder as
those person's are relying on that income to feed their families. If the service is below
a standard you have no idea as to why so you take it out on the most vulnerable, the server who may be as frustrated as you are!
Old 05-16-2021, 08:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,680 Times in 5,230 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
When paying a bill there are all different personalities and issues. Some watch their bill
very carefully as they are living day to day, some watch it closely as they were raised to
be very suspect of the one billing, some are just plain cheap and get a kick out of stiffing the business or help, some are just paranoid and think the world is against them and trying to cheat them, etc etc. It is my belief that when they enter a restaurant they have some knowledge about the place, what it charges and conclude they can afford it and if not they should not go in in the first place. Once they are charged and have eaten their meal then for God's sake pay for it. If you don't like the service, don't like the food, don't like their practices then don't go back. But to try to impact their business with worthless complaints is abusive. To stiff or leave a low tip is a real bottom feeder as
those person's are relying on that income to feed their families. If the service is below
a standard you have no idea as to why so you take it out on the most vulnerable, the server who may be as frustrated as you are!
I agree with most of your points. But, according to the original post, the opposite was true. The server and the manager were the ones who did not act appropriately toward the customer. I think the manager should have apologized to the customers and thanked them for pointing out that they were not charging the amount shown on the menu.
Old 05-16-2021, 09:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

I'm wondering about the whole story, like maybe there's more to it. It doesn't make sense that the waitress would say the customer caused a big problem. What was the problem and why did it affect her? Did she get in trouble? It doesn't say. Also, why did she throw the tip back at them? Was it small enough to be insulting? Was something said to her?

There's just too many questions about this episode.

Tags
back, pizza, asked, menu, waitress

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.