Bravo pizza Lake Sumter

Closed Thread
Old 05-14-2021, 12:41 PM
Default Bravo pizza Lake Sumter

Wife and I went to eat at Bravos Pizza in Lake Sumter yesterday
When we got the check the prices were higher than what the menu so I asked why
The waitress said there was a increase a while ago ??
I asked why doesn't it reflect on the menu ?
The waitress went to the manager and came back all ****ed off said I created a problem She adjusted the bill and I went to leave her a tip but she threw it back at me and said I don't need your tip This was CRAZY she was screaming and the manager came over to us and told us to leave I never experienced anything like this
I would not recommend Bravos Pizza and will never go back there
Old 05-14-2021, 12:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by datamanron@aol.com View Post
Wife and I went to eat at Bravos Pizza in Lake Sumter yesterday
When we got the check the prices were higher than what the menu so I asked why
The waitress said there was a increase a while ago ??
I asked why doesn't it reflect on the menu ?
The waitress went to the manager and came back all ****ed off said I created a problem She adjusted the bill and I went to leave her a tip but she threw it back at me and said I don't need your tip This was CRAZY she was screaming and the manager came over to us and told us to leave I never experienced anything like this
I would not recommend Bravos Pizza and will never go back there
Wondering if this is one of the results from pandemic, not an excuse, just a bad day, full of financial struggles. We've always enjoyed Bravos.
Old 05-14-2021, 01:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,599 Times in 5,194 Posts

What the waitress said was absurd. There is no price increase. The price on the menu is the only price.
Old 05-14-2021, 01:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,022 Times in 5,323 Posts

We were there about a month or so ago and said the prices on the menu were wrong and gave us the new and increased prices when we ordered.

Strange behavior.
Old 05-14-2021, 01:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
We were there about a month or so ago and said the prices on the menu were wrong and gave us the new and increased prices when we ordered.

Strange behavior.
Agree, but, if you don't tell the customer, the price on the menu is the price.
Old 05-14-2021, 03:09 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,314 Times in 383 Posts

Oh please..how much more could it have been?
Old 05-14-2021, 03:25 PM
Sage

At least, if they did change prices, they could type up the new menu on paper and use those. Maybe nobody over there can type?
Old 05-14-2021, 03:27 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
So, why not just give away the food? How much could it cost to make a pizza anyway?
Old 05-14-2021, 03:35 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts
Default Went there 8 years ago....

had crappy service then...never went back. They've no idea what "customer service" means.
Old 05-14-2021, 03:38 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
So you go to the grocery store and look at the prices as you fill your cart then at check out the prices are higher? You go to the hardware store and the prices on the shelves are lower than what you are charged at checkout? A reputable business would correct that issue immediately.Too big a local social network here in The Villages for a business to “screw”with the residents. Been here 15+ years and local “word of mouth”, which spreads quickly, has been the demise of many poorly run businesses.
Old 05-14-2021, 03:41 PM

To bad, best pizza and ital in LSL.
Old 05-14-2021, 04:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by benj View Post
To bad, best pizza and ital in LSL.
Perhaps, it is normal but read the posts. Endless complaints. Positive posts are so rare as to seem posted by crazies. Imagine if things were truly bad.

It is like so many things. I try to pick my battles things to be angry about so that I can give those few my full attention. Recently I had four opened issues. Frankly that is a record for me in my lifetime. So far I've won three of them the fourth one is the government. I EVEN WON WITH MEDICARE. It is truly simple, you I just need to find someone to talk to. Only offered option is on line chat. You do not type to a human. It is #7009. I takes over an hour on the computer. It says 90 days. Tough, follow up in another 30. The best one is closing line-anything else we can help you with?
Old 05-14-2021, 05:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGVillages View Post
So you go to the grocery store and look at the prices as you fill your cart then at check out the prices are higher? You go to the hardware store and the prices on the shelves are lower than what you are charged at checkout? A reputable business would correct that issue immediately.Too big a local social network here in The Villages for a business to “screw”with the residents. Been here 15+ years and local “word of mouth”, which spreads quickly, has been the demise of many poorly run businesses.
I've been in business. Not in the villages but someone I knew had a restaurant. It was a nice place in Florida. As part of a business meeting about 30 of us went to his place for lunch bill was on him but I did notice the prices were far lower than what I would have expected. I asked him about it on the side and he said this is Florida and older customers. They had nice salt and pepper shakers and I asked how many of them are stolen he said how do you know.

I am a senior. I am not a snob. Senior discounts? Perhaps like that nasty guy selling soup in NYC. Imagine the publicly, WE CHARGE EXTRA FOR SENIORS. We have to pay our staff extra to deal with them.
Old 05-14-2021, 05:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,354 Times in 2,392 Posts

Just picked up a pizza, was treated with a smile.

Did notice a lot of signs with prices posted and then crossed out with new price. Probably not the best way to do business.
Old 05-14-2021, 05:48 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,244 Times in 360 Posts

If you don't tell me ahead of time; the price on the menu is the price I should be charged. I don't care if it is just a few cents more. How hard can it be to print up a new menu?

Poor business ethics.

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else
Closed Thread

Tags
back, pizza, asked, menu, waitress

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.