Breakfast story

Closed Thread
Old 09-12-2022, 06:48 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldseries27 View Post
kind of remember a story about a similar situation up in sawgrass grove.
The game is afoot
tally-ho
Referring to the $7 beer that op didn’t ask if it was happy hour or the cost prior to ordering. Or the fact all drinks are in plastic cups since it’s not a sit down restaurant but a food court setting.
Either way sawgrass didn’t post $$$ and then up the charge. Customers assume there is always happy hour and in a CC setting in the bar area of a restaurant, glass is used. Sawgrass is not a CC attached to golf course, it’s a food court.
Old 09-12-2022, 06:51 AM
Location: Wisconsin, California, military, California, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, (Ugh!) and, FINALLY, TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
After breakfast.
Well said.
Old 09-12-2022, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecuadog View Post
Rae Rae’s is Tim Rohan's place.
Absolutely LOVE Rae Rae's. Whatever experience you had has to be outweighed by the good. The food, service and atmosphere is top notch. Excellent breakfast. Best biscuits anywhere. (We always buy an extra to take home). Fish fry is also excellent. We will gladly pay cash, get our bill texted or sent by smoke signal, to have such a fine place nearby.
Old 09-12-2022, 07:06 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Reminds me of the time I went into a restaurant where the sign outside said "20 entrees for less than 10 dollars". When I ordered the 20 entrees, they acted as if I was crazy.
Maybe they meant the charge to "enter" the restaurant 20 times is less than $10.
Old 09-12-2022, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
The server's job is to explain the menu to the customers. It would be very easy to tell the customers that they have ordered something that has been increased in price. I agree that the owner should also have been informed.
No, that’s not the servers job. It’s our job as the customer to read the menu and order what we want. You should always tip your server even if the food isn’t good. It’s not his/her fault.
Old 09-12-2022, 07:18 AM

I love Rae Rae’s also. I’ve never had a problem there.
Old 09-12-2022, 07:18 AM

Eat at home and you won’t have these problems
Old 09-12-2022, 07:30 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scudder View Post
Eat at home and you won’t have these problems
Ok. Let’s get some things straight:
No one is dropping any bombs here!
Will continue to eat out at least once a week and patronage local restaurants. I’ll eat at home when I want to, thank you!
No one complained about food. It was good
No one complained about cleanliness
No one complained about “posted” price. It was reasonable
No one complained about overall service. It was ok. Place was busy
Establishment was not and has not been identified.
Intent was to seek how others would handle such an unusual situation not to disrespect a business with unsolicited opinion
You have to respect how difficult it must be for a mom and pop (no matter how successful) to recover from covid.
Let’s drop this issue and stop reading more into it than intended
Old 09-12-2022, 07:36 AM

if you are not going to name the restaurant pls stop wasting our time.
Old 09-12-2022, 07:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,349 Times in 2,389 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FT9508 View Post
if you are not going to name the restaurant pls stop wasting our time.
You should read ALL posts………..
Old 09-12-2022, 07:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,587 Times in 5,184 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimkerr View Post
No, that’s not the servers job. It’s our job as the customer to read the menu and order what we want. You should always tip your server even if the food isn’t good. It’s not his/her fault.
I agree that the quality of the food is not the server's responsibility. But, the server expects you to pay them a tip based on 20 percent of the bill, which is a significant amount. So, I think that making sure the customer understands the menu, including the options and charges, is certainly part of the server's job. A good server would have explained any price changes for items the OP ordered. Obviously, the OP felt deceived.
Old 09-12-2022, 07:56 AM
Default Legally Correct, Ethically & Morally WRONG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
Sorry, but have to disagree.

If the information was on the menu, even if written in fine print, then it really isn't the server's responsibility to tap you on the shoulder and ask if you read it.

The server shouldn't be penalized for the owner's policies. Take it out on the owner, not the server.
You are legally correct, but Morally and Ethically WRONG. I would never visit a business that conducted themselves this way. The Original Poster of this thread should let Villagers know the name of the restaurant so that other people can avoid this unscrupulous business. BTW, since the food servers are aware of that the owner overcharges its patrons, they should let patrons know . . . Otherwise, they are in cahoots with them. Nobody reads "fine print" on a busy menu!
Old 09-12-2022, 08:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,377 Times in 2,059 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coleprice View Post
You are legally correct, but Morally and Ethically WRONG. I would never visit a business that conducted themselves this way. The Original Poster of this thread should let Villagers know the name of the restaurant so that other people can avoid this unscrupulous business. BTW, since the food servers are aware of that the owner overcharges its patrons, they should let patrons know . . . Otherwise, they are in cahoots with them. Nobody reads "fine print" on a busy menu!
Seriously?!!

When did it become Morally and Ethically WRONG to expect the customer to read the information that was presented to them? If the information was hidden in some way or presented in a deceptive way then I might agree but that was not how it was explained.

And as for reading the fine print.... this is the same argument people use when complaining about deed restrictions. If you don't read the information presented to you then you have no one to blame for a misunderstanding.

I am not a fan of "due to _____ actual prices may be higher than what is posted on the menu." I understand why businesses might choose to do this but I don't like it and I tend to not go back to those businesses. And not presenting a written bill and not accepting credit cards while still being able to text my bill through Square will definitely keep me from coming back. But Morally and Ethically WRONG? That's quite a bit of a stretch.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 09-12-2022, 08:59 AM

By not listing the restaurant it is clear to me the OP never actually had this negative experience. Just trying to get everyone riled up.
Old 09-12-2022, 09:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumpaOompa View Post
By not listing the restaurant it is clear to me the OP never actually had this negative experience. Just trying to get everyone riled up.
The restaurant was posted. Rae Rae's Fruitland Park. The post is 100% true.

Last edited by JSR22; 09-12-2022 at 09:20 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
bill, menu, prices, text, breakfast

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.