Brooksville Beef O'Brady's cancels NFL package over national anthem protests.

Closed Thread
Old 08-08-2018, 12:41 PM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

Beef o’Bradys decision to turn off the NFL is going to have no impact on the situation. I love football and I will continue to watch despite the disrespect shown by a handful of players. Plain and simple these guys are jerks and I am not going to let them change my love for the game.
When they all follow the jerks then maybe I will change my mind until then I am watching.
Old 08-08-2018, 12:51 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
Most people I know watched the NFL last season and will watch the 2018 season.
My experience has been just the opposite!
Old 08-08-2018, 01:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default Nfl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredster View Post
My experience has been just the opposite!
I guess we have different friends and obviously relatives.
Old 08-08-2018, 01:08 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
I guess we have different friends and obviously relatives.
Not a big surprise to me, that our friends and
relatives would be different.
Old 08-08-2018, 03:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 820 Posts

I used to have a good memory also. I'm trying, is this about NFL, Patriotism, Beef O'Brady's, or Fredsters ? Boy those Yankees are on a roll eh?
Old 08-08-2018, 03:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
I used to have a good memory also. I'm trying, is this about NFL, Patriotism, Beef O'Brady's, or Fredsters ? Boy those Yankees are on a roll eh?
Priceless!
Old 08-08-2018, 03:35 PM

WHAT IF you are sitting at O'Brady's watching a game on your phone.....will they ask you to leave...and will Culver's welcome you....
Old 08-08-2018, 04:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
It is hard to keep people straight. Two fred-type monikers Fredman and Fredster. One of them rings in my mind as a reasonable soul.

Two screen names with letters and numbers and I got those two mixed up and was rude to a person I like.

Only one with letters and numbers on this thread.

I used to have a really good memory for details like this.
I've always been of the opinion that they should make it a requirement you must have your photo in your avatar. I believe you would see a lot less name calling, and hostile behavior if that was true. If you don't have a picture of yourself, the camera on your computer will work.

As far as the NFL, real football fans such as myself, don't go to a bar to watch THEIR team, they have Directv and NFL Sunday Ticket at home on their own 75" TV. I've never watched MY team in a bar, a club, a motel room, anywhere other than at my own home and I've never missed a game in their 21 years of existence except for a blacked out game in 1997 that I had to listen to on the radio. I schedule vacations, events and everything around Sundays and any night games of my team. I generally watch all the NFL teams and games regardless of who they are besides my own team.
Old 08-08-2018, 06:52 PM

Problem is the jerks that run the NFL are Snowflakes. One owner, Jerry Jones, has mandated if you want to play on my team you stand. I'm a huge Cowboys fan. Unfortunately it's not enough because they have to play teams run by the jerks you speak of.....Steelers one of the worst.

Tim
Old 08-09-2018, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkeowner View Post
Beef O'Brady's will not be financially supporting the NFL this year due to their lack of compassion and gratitude for our American service members,” the poster read. “Our National Anthem is one of the methods we as American citizens have always used to show our appreciation to all military service members, past or present, alive or dead. This tradition deserves respect and unfortunately, the NFL does not feel that same way. So, for this season, we will not be purchasing the NFL ticket. Perhaps, it will make a difference if it hits their wallets.

The restaurant will save more than $5,000 by canceling its package and instead will offer veterans 40 percent off on food Sundays during game days.

Why did you neglect to mention this only applies to the BOB bar in Brooksville Florida? Your post in it's current form is misleading.
Old 08-09-2018, 06:31 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,107 Times in 1,339 Posts

I will still watch football, but not at a bar. I record every game. I fast forward past everything, including the scratching between plays. Protest wherever they want, I won't see them!
Closed Thread

Tags
nfl, beef, american, service, anthem

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.