Brussel Sprouts side dish......Oh My Goodness!!!!!

Closed Thread
Old 03-08-2021, 05:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
That CopyKat recipe doesn't include the soy sauce and crispy onion topping! Try reviewing the different recipes here for something closer with those ingredients https://duckduckgo.com/?q=red+lobste...=b&t=hc&ia=web
The waiter told me they use ginger soy for seasoning. Just an incredible flavor. Any KopyKat recipe that doesn't include that ingredient will not taste the same. Also.....another very important ingredient were the french fried onions for the topping.
Old 03-08-2021, 06:36 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Grandma took a cast iron skillet after cooking bacon, cut sprouts in half, brown flat side, flip over, and slide into oven. Pan was placed on table with dinner( if she didn’t leave in the hot pan, they would have been eaten before anyone sat down for dinner). On the table was toppings to sprinkle, fried onion, bacon bits, maple syrup, crispy apple. Been eating crispy sprouts for over 50 years. Except for soy, that would add a salty taste.
Old 03-08-2021, 09:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
Grandma took a cast iron skillet after cooking bacon, cut sprouts in half, brown flat side, flip over, and slide into oven. Pan was placed on table with dinner( if she didn’t leave in the hot pan, they would have been eaten before anyone sat down for dinner). On the table was toppings to sprinkle, fried onion, bacon bits, maple syrup, crispy apple. Been eating crispy sprouts for over 50 years. Except for soy, that would add a salty taste.
Sounds amazing.
Old 03-08-2021, 11:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

A restaurant in Disney Springs that we like has " Whiskey-Caramel CRISPY BRUSSELS SPROUTS." Place is called The Polite Pig. BBQ joint with inside and outside bar and tables.
Old 03-09-2021, 06:59 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
A restaurant in Disney Springs that we like has " Whiskey-Caramel CRISPY BRUSSELS SPROUTS." Place is called The Polite Pig. BBQ joint with inside and outside bar and tables.
This sounds very interesting.
Old 03-09-2021, 12:45 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Chop House has roasted Brussel sprouts with crispy bacon and Asiago Cheese. Soooooo yummy
Old 03-10-2021, 02:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrjojo View Post
Chop House has roasted Brussel sprouts with crispy bacon and Asiago Cheese. Soooooo yummy
I've had the brussel sprouts there. That is what began my admiration for brussel sprouts. I think Blue Fin also has a brussel sprouts side dish. Just looked it up......"Roasted Bacon Brussel Sprouts". I've had this side dish also.
Old 03-11-2021, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I know brussel sprouts are not one of the most enamored vegetables out there. But....if you like brussel sprouts, do I have a side dish for you!

Red Lobster offers a side dish of Crispy Brussel Sprouts. I am a fan of brussel sprouts so I gave this side dish a try. There is a $2 additional charge for this side dish but worth every penny and even more.

When the side dish in a large caste was served at the table, it looked more like the entree rather than a side dish. There is enough for two, maybe even three people. I can only say how absolutely delicious the brussel sprouts were. There is some sort of soy ginger drizzle in there that elevated the flavor that is indescribable. The brussel sprouts were crispy as their name said. There was a very generous amount of chopped crispy fried onions that topped off the dish. You know the ones I'm talking about......the crispy fried onions that top off a green bean casserole at Thanksgiving. Just yummy!

Red Lobster has got a winner with this one. Give this side dish a try. I promise, you won't be disappointed.
Try sleeping next to your husband AFTER a portion of Brussel sprouts, not to mention beans ,broccoli,califlower,ANY MEXICAN food. All you girls know what I mean.
Closed Thread

Tags
dish, side, brussel, sprouts, crispy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.