Burger King

Closed Thread
Old 09-04-2019, 08:10 AM
Veteran member
Location: The Villages - Formerly Atlanta Endicott and Syracuse NY

I've found the workers at BK on 466A to be nothing but pleasant. Did anyone happen to think that deliveries may have been impacted because of the hurricane ??Are there any supply chain experts out there ?? It will take 10 or more years to see how the meatless chemical filled alternatives have caused new health problems according to the law of unintended consequences .. I'll stick with real meat, and am hoping Wendy's brings back their famous "Where's the beef ?" ads.
Old 09-05-2019, 08:44 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Humans are omnivores. It's in our DNA. Our ancestors survived on meat, fish, and a few greens for tens of thousands of years before we began cultivating grains. Many people today still cannot tolerate gluten which is part of grains such as wheat and others because their digestive system has not adapted to it but have no problem with a protein rich diet. As to the 'impossible burger", more sodium and calories than a real burger. Not a healthy choice at all.
Old 09-05-2019, 11:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,642 Times in 1,513 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by collie1228 View Post
Stopped at the BK on 27/441 near Winn Dixie on Sunday, and ordered a Whopper meal. Girl at the register apologized, said they were out of whopper meat. Huh? I've never heard of such a thing. She offered a whopper junior or meatless burger, but I passed. Went to Wendy's a few hundred yards down the road. I wonder if BK has a corporate problem, or if it's just incredible incompetence of the local manager.
Probably all the above. Like I said above, I do not know why the health Dept has not closed them yet. Nasty place. Don't know when it started happening, because they used to have a decent sandwich.
-----------------
Now, I would rather eat PB&J if everything else was closed and they were the only choice. As for the veggie burger, I'll let the lemmings enjoy them while I have a nice thick and juicy, medium rare triple cholesterol burger or steak. I am not interested in the possibility of prolonging my life at this point if that additional longevity is going to be miserable. I eat what I want. Go ahead and convince yourselves that eating rabbit food is more enjoyable than eating protein and fat. But, don't expect me to change my diet just so you yuppies can feel like you are contributing to saving the world, because you ain't. A burger joint is a FAST FOOD BURGER joint, not a yuppie salad bar. If you want salad, go to Sweet Tomatoes. And you are lying if you think that you can convince anyone that a cauliflower crust on pizza tastes the same as good old fashioned wheat flour with yeast.
Anyway, I have no problem with you all eating fake burgers, but just don't try to convince the rest of us that you think you are saving the world or prolonging your miserable lives.
Old 09-05-2019, 12:17 PM
Sage

You're not a true vegan ,unless you have all your non molars removed and have molar implants in your mouth--if you eat like a cow , you should have teeth to match-honestly, we are not herbivores
Old 09-05-2019, 03:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
You're not a true vegan ,unless you have all your non molars removed and have molar implants in your mouth--if you eat like a cow , you should have teeth to match-honestly, we are not herbivores
Old 09-05-2019, 03:38 PM

Quote:
We are omnivores, that doesn't mean we have to eat everything, just that we can. It also doesn't mean everything we can eat is good for us. There is no doubt, the science is beyond question, that excessive red meat diets are not healthy. There is no doubt that eating lots of fish is good for us. Everything in between is up for debate.
Old 09-06-2019, 02:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martian View Post
We are omnivores, that doesn't mean we have to eat everything, just that we can. It also doesn't mean everything we can eat is good for us. There is no doubt, the science is beyond question, that excessive red meat diets are not healthy. There is no doubt that eating lots of fish is good for us. Everything in between is up for debate.
Maybe you like to debate? Got news for you, a heavy fish diet is NOT good for you. Too much mercury, or too much iodine (or something) I believe. Granted fish is good and fish is generally healthy for you. But, meat is good for you also. It just has plenty of cholesterol to go with it. If you are vegan, you still have to eat plenty of certain protein supplying veggies, such as beans, etc. Don't know about you, but I learned from first grade on about balanced meals and the food pyramid.
Like I said above, if you wish to eat rabbit food, go for it. Just don't try to push a vegan lifestyle on me, because I enjoy my steak and my BBQ. And anyone that eats fake burgers, is just someone that wants to eat beef but is catering to yuppie peer pressure. Otherwise, they would not be making believe they are eating a hamburger at a hamburger joint. This is my opinion, and I reserve the right to stick to it....
Old 09-06-2019, 03:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,416 Times in 5,107 Posts

Good point. Doesn't it seem ironic that people are eating a fake hamburger at a burger restaurant? The impossible Whooper is not even healthier than the real Whooper. I understand the desire to reduce beef production, but why make the point in a burger joint? If Burger King eliminates all the beef, what would they call the restaurant? It seems like Burger King is trying to put themselves out of business.

Last edited by retiredguy123; 09-06-2019 at 03:40 PM.
Old 09-06-2019, 03:38 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Good point. Doesn't it seem ironic that people are eating a fake hamburger at a burger restaurant? The impossible Whooper is not even healtier than the real Whooper. I understand the desire to reduce beef production, but why make the point in a burger joint? If Burger King eliminates all the beef, what would they call the restaurant? It seems like Burger King is trying to put themselves out of business.

Ironic indeed. More sodium, more carbs and plenty of emulsifiers. And a dollar more. Patty without bun is 630 calories. Sounds delicious.

This will be a thing of the past soon.
Old 09-06-2019, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
Maybe you like to debate? Got news for you, a heavy fish diet is NOT good for you. Too much mercury, or too much iodine (or something) I believe. Granted fish is good and fish is generally healthy for you. But, meat is good for you also. It just has plenty of cholesterol to go with it. If you are vegan, you still have to eat plenty of certain protein supplying veggies, such as beans, etc. Don't know about you, but I learned from first grade on about balanced meals and the food pyramid.
Like I said above, if you wish to eat rabbit food, go for it. Just don't try to push a vegan lifestyle on me, because I enjoy my steak and my BBQ. And anyone that eats fake burgers, is just someone that wants to eat beef but is catering to yuppie peer pressure. Otherwise, they would not be making believe they are eating a hamburger at a hamburger joint. This is my opinion, and I reserve the right to stick to it....
I do like to debate

And I would never want to push my life style on anyone, I have a hard enough time figuring out what I think I should do without trying to convince you that I am right.

As to red meat, I did condition it with "excess". As for fish, there is NO evidence eating excessive amounts of fish is bad for you. Eating anything with mercury in it is bad for you, I would highly recommend avoiding that, just like I would highly recommend avoiding beef that was raised with excessive amounts of antibiotics or growth hormones.

And I do think there are a lot of reasons people do things - I doubt that yuppy peer pressure is the ONLY reason people are trying Impossible Burgers, but it is certainly one.

Peer pressure plays a role in our lives and starts around age 2 or 3, and it seems we never grow out of it. The issue is which group we choose to be a peer member of.

But, that just my opinion, I have been known to be wrong
Old 09-06-2019, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageswimmer View Post
Ironic indeed. More sodium, more carbs and plenty of emulsifiers. And a dollar more. Patty without bun is 630 calories. Sounds delicious.

This will be a thing of the past soon.
I expect you are more right than wrong. But then, I recall a $16,000 32inch flat screen TV a few years ago at a big box store. The point is things have to start someplace. Once released out into the wild the market will help it improve or go away. Today, you can get a 60 inch flat screen for just a couple hundred, and it works so much better. With out those first $16,000 32 inch flat screen buyers we would not have the larger cheaper better ones we have today. Same is true for food.

Last edited by Martian; 09-06-2019 at 05:54 PM.
Old 09-06-2019, 05:35 PM
Sage

Kind of reminds me of my first cell phone in 1983 a Nokia Mobira cost me $2800.00 and it was a $1.00/minute both ways
Old 09-06-2019, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Kind of reminds me of my first cell phone in 1983 a Nokia Mobira cost me $2800.00 and it was a $1.00/minute both ways
Yup, things gotta start someplace. Remember those bricks called batteries we could add to the back of the phones so they would last more than an hour?

Things gotta start someplace.
Old 09-06-2019, 05:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,952 Times in 1,706 Posts

My first cell phone was a brick.

New study indicates vegetarians are more likely to die of stroke than meat eaters. But meat eaters have more coronary heart disease. Balance is probably the best as long as it is delicious!
Old 09-07-2019, 04:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,279 Times in 2,480 Posts

Last time I went to BK (466, op.TVC school) it was a freezing cold day, even colder inside, as they could not turn the A/C down, and to put the icing on the cake, they were out of burgers!
Given the place a miss ever since.
Closed Thread

Tags
beef, burger, meatless, fast, easier

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.