Burger King

Closed Thread
Old 09-07-2019, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
My first cell phone was a brick.

New study indicates vegetarians are more likely to die of stroke than meat eaters. But meat eaters have more coronary heart disease. Balance is probably the best as long as it is delicious!
If you are referring to the large Oxford study, it showed vegetarians had 1% fewer cases of heart disease and 0.3% more cases of strokes.

However, it was an observational study, and it did not determine why. So, it may be something other than diet that caused the differences.

Also, the study took place over 2 decades ago, and vegetarians today do not eat the same diet they ate back then - and neither do red meat eaters.

Also, while the number of cases of heart disease is about the same as the number of strokes per year in the US, the number of deaths from heart disease is about 8 times that of strokes. Most people survive strokes.
Old 09-07-2019, 11:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,008 Times in 1,736 Posts

Thanks for posting the details of the study. I know if I was strictly vegan, life would seem very, very long....
Old 09-07-2019, 02:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Thank goodness for vegetarians. The more that convert, the better. It means that the price of BEEF will go down and I plan to continue to eat plenty of beef for the rest of my life. If the left bans beef then I will become an avid hunter and eat more venison. My blood work comes out perfect every year and I am bordering 70 years young. If not for my spouse, the only green that would come near to me would be in my wallet. Still wondering why anyone would want to FAKE a hamburger or Hotdog. Guess they are not TOTALLY committed and trying to make themselves satisfied with pretending to eat a real burger.
But, BK doesn't get my business anyway, so the whole point of the impossible burger is moot. 12-16oz of medium rare beef per meal is a must. Only thing that competes with BEEF and other BBQ meats is PIZZA with plenty of meat on it. Now that is a balanced meal.
Old 09-10-2019, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by queasy27 View Post
I thought I was the only fan of Jack In The Box tacos! I believe they took them off the menu where I lived in Denver out of concern for me. Two for 99 cents.

For anyone healthily unfamiliar, the whole taco was deep fried and they were more like large taquitos, except with mystery meat and a slice of American cheese.
I grew up in Texas and loe good tex-mex cuisne. That being said, boy do I miss Jack in the Box tacos! My guilty pleasure!
Old 09-10-2019, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martian View Post
If you are referring to the large Oxford study, it showed vegetarians had 1% fewer cases of heart disease and 0.3% more cases of strokes.

However, it was an observational study, and it did not determine why. So, it may be something other than diet that caused the differences.

Also, the study took place over 2 decades ago, and vegetarians today do not eat the same diet they ate back then - and neither do red meat eaters.

Also, while the number of cases of heart disease is about the same as the number of strokes per year in the US, the number of deaths from heart disease is about 8 times that of strokes. Most people survive strokes.
New study. Same conclusion.
Vegetarians May Face Higher Stroke Risk

Last edited by skyking; 09-10-2019 at 05:42 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
beef, burger, meatless, fast, easier

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.