Burger King

Closed Thread
Old 08-27-2019, 09:33 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,232 Times in 419 Posts
Default Burger King

So yesterday as I was leaving Lowes @Trailwinds my belly told me it was lunch time. I only go to fast food burger about twice a month and BK is my fav of the three fast burger joints.

I've been hearing about BK's new meatless sandwich called "The Impossible Whopper" Now I admit, I luv beef but I had to try it.

It does look like beef and somewhat tastes like beef and kind of chews like beef. I have to say, it's not bad. Meatless burgers have come along way.

It's also easier to digest. Give it a try.
Old 08-27-2019, 09:52 AM
Veteran member

We did the same yesterday. We ordered a regular Whopper and a meatless one...cut them in half and gave them a taste.
Have to admit the meatless one tasted pretty good.
The meatless one was 630 calories, lower in fat but higher in cholesterol and sodium.
The regular Whopper was 660 calories.
Think I'll stick to the regular one.
Old 08-27-2019, 09:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

After years of not going to Burger King, we gave the $1 taco's a shot last week. For the first second when you take a bite it reminded me of Jack In The Box Taco's which I loved before they moved from N.J. years ago.

I'm going to try The Impossible Whopper because of your recommendation. Thank You.
Old 08-27-2019, 11:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I love McDonald's and Wendy's but the meatless burger at BK sure sounds interesting.

How long will this thread go before someone looks down on us?
Old 08-27-2019, 11:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
After years of not going to Burger King, we gave the $1 taco's a shot last week. For the first second when you take a bite it reminded me of Jack In The Box Taco's which I loved before they moved from N.J. years ago.

I'm going to try The Impossible Whopper because of your recommendation. Thank You.
I'm going to have to try the BK tacos. A Jack taco was my first taco ever and still seek them out when out west.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 08-27-2019, 12:24 PM

My opinion (for what it is worth) is that meatless burgers, alcohol free beer and decaffeinated coffee rank up there with fake news. Love whoppers by the way :-)
Old 08-27-2019, 12:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,416 Times in 5,107 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
I'm going to have to try the BK tacos. A Jack taco was my first taco ever and still seek them out when out west.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I thought the BK tacos were horrible. They looked nothing like the photo. The shells were very greasy, stuck together, and tough to eat, and there is no taco sauce to add to them. Also, they are only available for a limited time. The best tacos in The Villages are at Taco Bell.
Old 08-27-2019, 01:04 PM
Gold member

If there is no health benefit to the meatless burger, why eat it?
Old 08-27-2019, 01:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,416 Times in 5,107 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftyf View Post
I agree. But, if you want to try it, I think you better try it now because I think it will disappear from the menu pretty soon.
Old 08-27-2019, 07:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,558 Times in 507 Posts

We both tried the meatless burger at BK and liked it; their tacos were another thing, they were some of the nastiest stuff that's ever touched my taste buds.

My wife tried the meatless burger at Glenview during the Member/Member tournament and said it was awesome.
Old 08-27-2019, 09:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,370 Times in 3,050 Posts

Quote:
Some people are opposed to consuming flesh. Vegetarians and vegans. This is an alternative for them.

I'm not a fan of Burger King burgers, when I want a fast-food burger I usually get a BigMac. Not a usual thing though. I would definitely not try a meat analogue that is trying to taste like a Burger King burger.
Old 08-28-2019, 05:06 AM
Veteran member

KFC is testing meatless chicken with 11 herbs and spices in some markets.
Old 08-28-2019, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Beef is one of the most inefficient (amount of protein fed to the cows to produce a pound of edible beef protein) and polluting (cow farts are a major source of methane in polluting the atmosphere) forms of protein available. Chicken, goats, and fish are all less polluting and more protein efficient - by a LOT, but the American diet (and spreading through out the world) is heavily based on beef.

There are numerous approaches to producing alternatives to beef that have been explored over the past couple of decades.

This one is a "veggie" and "chemical" combination that has been in development for years in attempting to create a "beef" like product that has the taste, texture and appearance of real beef. It gets good reviews for taste and texture. It was not developed FOR Burger King, but is available through them as well as stores (Publix, Amazon, etc.) and other places to allow you to cook them at home.

They are still EXPENSIVE compared to "hamburger".

These are not what was/are called "veggie-burgers", which are less expensive and are not intended to mimic the actual taste and texture of real beef. Instead veggie-burgers are more focused on "healthy" vegetarian substitutes that some people like, but many people find less appealing.

There are also "test tube" grown beef patties that are grown from beef cells in large vats and so are actually real meat. These have the advantage of being very environmentally friendly and easy to mass produce in a "factory" as well as being much more efficient (protein in for protein out). However, while the flavor is identical to cow grown beef, they are still struggling with the texture (mouth feel) and appearance.

While we CAN produce enough food to feed everyone in the world (even though we don't) the time is coming where that will not be true using the existing methods. This is one alternative - it is not particularly inexpensive or environmentally friendly, but it is an alternative.
Old 08-28-2019, 07:07 AM
Veteran member

The Impossible Whopper patty is also cooked in the same broiler that the regular Whopper is cooked in, so that's why you don't see them advertising it as vegan. I've read that they will cook it in an oven upon request. Personally, I liked it, and could only detect a slight difference it texture, but I wouldn't pay more for it.
Old 08-28-2019, 08:10 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,297 Times in 535 Posts

Too early to know if plant based meat is here to stay

Tags
beef, burger, meatless, fast, easier

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.