Burger King

Closed Thread
Old 08-28-2019, 10:24 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by laryb View Post
The Impossible Whopper patty is also cooked in the same broiler that the regular Whopper is cooked in, so that's why you don't see them advertising it as vegan. I've read that they will cook it in an oven upon request. Personally, I liked it, and could only detect a slight difference it texture, but I wouldn't pay more for it.
I got the Impossible Whopper meal with small fries and a coke. It was $1 more than a beef whopper meal.
Old 08-28-2019, 11:31 AM
Sage

Haven't had a fast food burger in 30 years--I figured out for what I would spend on junk, for a few $$ more sans alcohol I could get a real meal.
Old 08-28-2019, 11:16 PM

My sentiments are the same about the tacos. I bought two of them, took them home. Tried to eat one, greasy, shell was hard to chew. Didn't finish it and threw the other one away. How do you screw up something as simple as a taco???
Old 08-29-2019, 09:54 AM

I've grilled Better Burgers and they are pretty good. 2 burgers are $5.99 at the local grocery store. Nutritionally they are about the same. Saturated fat is about the same. I think they use coconut oil which isn't the healthiest. The environmental impact is significant. It takes a lot of feed and water to raise a pound of beef.
Old 08-29-2019, 10:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Haven't had a fast food burger in 30 years--I figured out for what I would spend on junk, for a few $$ more sans alcohol I could get a real meal.
I will try again. Most people eat healthy, well balanced diets and watch their intake of things not good for them.

BUT.....Some fast food just tastes yummy; A nice hot fudge sundae from McDonalds, a cup of hot chili from Wendy's and a burrito from Taco Bell.

And there is nothing wrong with a quarter pounder with cheese from McDonalds for a once in awhile meal.

Not everyone enjoys the same movies, the same décor, the same books, the same recreation, the same people and the same food. I tried WaWa on your recommendation. Have a McDonald's Sundae, you will like it, Mikey.
Old 08-29-2019, 12:11 PM

I like the grilled chicken wrap at McDonalds. One is satisfying.
Old 08-30-2019, 06:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts
Default For what it is worth

About a month or so ago I saw a business how about imitation beef. It seems the flavor comes from soy bean roots.
Seems China was buying about 1/3 of the soy beans grown in the US and they've cancelled their orders.

Perhaps, if my information is correct, a great use for a product that is already grown and invested in. I'm not a farmer but any bean actually improves the soil.
Old 08-31-2019, 12:11 PM

Wife and I had a couple Impossible Burgers at BK today. To me they tasted okay, and very like a fast food burger, not bad, just not great. The biggest negative to me was the lack of texture, which is very much like a Whopper.

I could see eating them as an alternative to beef, but we tend to prefer fish as an alternative, and have mostly removed red meat from our diet for about 6 years now replacing it with fish and or home grown chickens.
Old 08-31-2019, 01:45 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
We both tried the meatless burger at BK and liked it; their tacos were another thing, they were some of the nastiest stuff that's ever touched my taste buds.

My wife tried the meatless burger at Glenview during the Member/Member tournament and said it was awesome.
We also tried the taco! Burp! Those beans have to be put in it before it ever arrives at BK. A tablespoon of mixed meat and beans does not a taco make! They were awful!
Old 08-31-2019, 03:57 PM

Um, how about healthier for the planet?
Old 08-31-2019, 05:43 PM
Sage

Its amazing more interest in a Burger King , than the new restaurants in TV that offer real meals--maybe this is why the powers that be , have determined to keep us inundated with junk restaurants
Old 08-31-2019, 07:13 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
For the first second when you take a bite it reminded me of Jack In The Box Tacos which I loved before they moved from N.J. years ago.
I thought I was the only fan of Jack In The Box tacos! I believe they took them off the menu where I lived in Denver out of concern for me. Two for 99 cents.

For anyone healthily unfamiliar, the whole taco was deep fried and they were more like large taquitos, except with mystery meat and a slice of American cheese.
Old 08-31-2019, 09:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Anyone else find that the Burger King is not fast food but very very slow food.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 09-01-2019, 10:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
So yesterday as I was leaving Lowes @Trailwinds my belly told me it was lunch time. I only go to fast food burger about twice a month and BK is my fav of the three fast burger joints.

I've been hearing about BK's new meatless sandwich called "The Impossible Whopper" Now I admit, I luv beef but I had to try it.

It does look like beef and somewhat tastes like beef and kind of chews like beef. I have to say, it's not bad. Meatless burgers have come along way.

It's also easier to digest. Give it a try.
But you're missing all that important fat in your diet. Vegetarianism is not natural.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 09-02-2019, 06:40 AM
Default Beyond Meat is better

Go to BTW in Tavares they replaced the impossible burger patties (GMO) with beyond meat patties (non-GMO) tastes so much better. There is no comparison... neither of us like the impossible burger whopper but live the beyond meat burgers from BTW.
Closed Thread

Tags
beef, burger, meatless, fast, easier

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.